Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Recycled Balls

Addicted2Golf

Do you notice any performance difference between recycled and non-recycled balls? What quality rating do you buy and have you tried others? Are their companies that you buy from for recycled balls and trust?

I'm always shied away from recycled balls but maybe I should reconsider.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently bought a bunch of Pr0V1x's recycled, and I have found no difference in performance. I don't know what kind of rating they were, but they were $1 a ball, FWIW. Some people absolutely hate them because of the coating that the recycling companies put on them, but I have found no difference. I do prefer X-outs to recycled balls though. The value isn't as good, but there is more piece of mind.

Thanks for the reply Jamo. I'm not sure I understand something you said. Exactly what about the coating do they not like? I'm not playing dumb . I'm REALLY not familiar with this at all. ;)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

I did get a couple a promotion balls form lostgolfballs.com. Even with a promotion, they were very fast in shipping. Nothing memorable about the balls. Non-tour level, in perfect condition. PLayed fine with no notice of glare on coating or anything like that.

I have tried to buy lower grade 330rx's from them for practice, but they are not commonly stocked.

Plus I like the feeling op opening new boxes so I tend to pay for new. Amazon sellers are another place to check for good prices.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Thanks for the reply Jamo. I'm not sure I understand something you said. Exactly what about the coating do they not like? I'm not playing dumb . I'm REALLY not familiar with this at all. :angry:

To be honest I really don't know either, they just always say that the recycling companies put some sort of coating on the ball and some people say they can detect a difference. I, for one, cannot.

• SPY VIP

Sports Authority. Dont remember the name of the company that the balls came from but it had an American Flag on the front.

OK I have seen that brand here at Sport Chalet. Some of the online seller have a better reputation and may be worth another try. lostgolfballs.com is the only one that comes to mind right now though.

Volvo Intorqueo

I've been playing recycled balls for about 4 years and I don't have a single complaint about them. I can play ProV1's for $1-$2, which I think is great (though I will be switching to something else soon). I usually get the top grade or one grade down. I find with lostgolfballs.com that those two levels are pretty safe, and sometimes indistinguishable from one another. I also like getting balls with all kinds of interesting logos on them, though you can get logo-free balls for a small upcharge.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Here is an article that might give you some info on the recycled ball industry and how the balls perform.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mint-used-golf-balls-sale/

Thanks for the review and vendor to add to the list.

They mention cleaning, but not re-coating. Should we assume that they don't coat the balls to make they shiny?

Volvo Intorqueo

Funny I just went on to lostgolfballs.com and ordered 2 dozen grade AAAAA NXT Tours. For only $11.95 a dozen I said why not. I also know a friend of mine has an uncle who buys all of his grade AAAAA Pro V1s off of there and has never been dissapointed and my friend has also used them and said they still perform great and look good.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Funny I just went on to lostgolfballs.com and ordered 2 dozen grade AAAAA NXT Tours. For only $11.95 a dozen I said why not. I also know a friend of mine has an uncle who buys all of his grade AAAAA Pro V1s off of there and has never been dissapointed and my friend has also used them and said they still perform great and look good.

They have AAAAA? I thought it topped out at quad A.

• SPY VIP

Glad to have this validation of my love for recycled balls. Thanks MGS.

Anything that can be done to help your relationship with your balls is good time spent. B)

AAAAA 330rx for $29 is just not that good with the 09 boxes at discount for less...

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Bridgestone-B330-RX-Golf-Balls/product-exec/product_id/7214/category_id/93

Volvo Intorqueo

Anything that can be done to help your relationship with your balls is good time spent. B)

AAAAA 330rx for $29 is just not that good with the 09 boxes at discount for less...

http://www.lostgolfb.../category_id/93

Yeah, I'd definitely check out that deal you mentioned if I decide to go with the RX. Like I said, I really wish I could get a sleeve for a few bucks. The PGA Superstore down here has an absolutely killer deal: buy a box, if you don't like the balls, return 3 sleeves for a full discount. I would be testing EVERY ball they had until I found the one. That's probably why it's not available where I live.

Here is an article that might give you some info on the recycled ball industry and how the balls perform.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mint-used-golf-balls-sale/

Great post, thanks MGS! I was browsing their site and some great prices on the mint balls. $17 Titleist NXT Tours? I could definitely live with that!

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Bridgestone-B330-RX-Golf-Balls/product-exec/product_id/7214/category_id/93

Yeah, for some reason their deals on that particular ball weren't as good as some others. I wonder if they are more rare or something? Weird.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah, for some reason their deals on that particular ball weren't as good as some others. I wonder if they are more rare or something? Weird.

Possibly because the RX's have only been out a couple of seasons. ProV1's have been out for ever, so they are easier to find. At least that is one theory.

Possibly because the RX's have only been out a couple of seasons. ProV1's have been out for ever, so they are easier to find. At least that is one theory.

I expect that this is correct. I was looking for these last summer/fall and they were almost impossible to find, and not that cheap.

I stumbled across this online discount code for knetgolf. Enjoy...

15% off all recycled golfballs

SRV15

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

+1 for LostGolfBalls.com. I've got several dozen balls from them last year. Pretty much indistinguishable from new, but yeah...lots of logos.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

There is a difference between recycled and re-finshed. Re-finshed are just plain awful. They scuff really fast and never really feel right.

Lostgolfballs.com sell great stuff, even living down here it's cheap to buy from them including the shipping. Trust me you do not want to know what a premium ball goes for down here.

LAst time I bought these, next time Pentas or Z Stars

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-TaylorMade-TP-Red-LDP-Mint-AAAAA-Used-Golf-Balls_W0QQitemZ230453259165QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Golf_Balls?hash=item35a815ab9d

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Thanks A2G, should be putting that to use very shortly here.

You are welcome.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I have never bought, and don't think I ever will buy, recycled golf balls.

I thought the same thing NGage, but after reading up on it, I'm starting to reconsider. Not much difference between mint AAAAAA recycled and new - other than the price.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived