TESTERS WANTED! ×

Recycled Balls

Addicted2Golf

I thought the same thing NGage, but after reading up on it, I'm starting to reconsider. Not much difference between mint AAAAAA recycled and new - other than the price.

Yup. I was really happy to see that MGS had actually tested them and shown that they're every bit as good as new balls.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shall we each pick a model and do independent testing and report back?

I'm game. Hmmmm, now what model would you pick? I can't imagine...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Well after reading into this some I decided for AAAAA NXT Tours I'd try a dozen for $12.95. My good friend said his uncle has played AAAAA Pro V1's for years from lostgolfballs.com and my friend said he tried them and couldn't tell a difference between a used and new golf ball. Im excited to get my NXT Tours.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Well after reading into this some I decided for AAAAA NXT Tours I'd try a dozen for $12.95. My good friend said his uncle has played AAAAA Pro V1's for years from lostgolfballs.com and my friend said he tried them and couldn't tell a difference between a used and new golf ball. Im excited to get my NXT Tours.

Sounds good, be sure to report your findings.

I'm a little concerned about all this good publicity for recycled golf balls. If everyone makes the switch, who will buy the new balls that I get secondhand? :blink:

Sounds good, be sure to report your findings.

I'm a little concerned about all this good publicity for recycled golf balls. If everyone makes the switch, who will buy the new balls that I get secondhand? :(

I'll report back and let you know how they look and work compared to a new NXT. I have to agree with you about wondering who will still buy new balls but I can say that when it comes to my annual tournaments I only play brand new Pro V1s. To me there is just something about stepping up to the tee with a brand new Pro V1 at the start of a tournament.

I'll report back and let you know how they look and work compared to a new NXT. I have to agree with you about wondering who will still buy new balls but I can say that when it comes to my annual tournaments I only play brand new Pro V1s. To me there is just something about stepping up to the tee with a brand new Pro V1 at the start of a tournament.

No argument whatsoever. Cracking open a fresh sleeve of balls is like opening a new box of crayons - millions of possibilities. Off the cartpath, into the drink, off a tree...

No argument whatsoever. Cracking open a fresh sleeve of balls is like opening a new box of crayons - millions of possibilities. Off the cartpath, into the drink, off a tree...

In the bush, in the sandtrap, off a rock, in a cactus (yes, done that one), and off a cliff (done that one too).

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Who knows maybe a few pars and a birdie if I am lucky. I am really anxious to play these used NXTs though because aside from my 2 major tournaments in the year I just play for fun so no reason to spend a lot of moeny on brand new balls when I can get them almost brand new for half the price.

I personally would never play them but I'm real picky. I play a NEW ball every round and after that ball makes it through one round it goes in my shag bag. I've got like two 5 gallon buckets of Prov's and Prov1 x's. After seeing what people are paying for these balls I should start selling them for 1/2 price as they almost look new maybe a couple abrasions from a crisp wedge shot but all in all they're flawless. heck when you buy these reconditioned balls you just don't know how long they've been sitting at the bottom of a pond or how long they've been sitting in the elements. JMO!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I personally would never play them but I'm real picky. I play a NEW ball every round and after that ball makes it through one round it goes in my shag bag. I've got like two 5 gallon buckets of Prov's and Prov1 x's. After seeing what people are paying for these balls I should start selling them for 1/2 price as they almost look new maybe a couple abrasions from a crisp wedge shot but all in all they're flawless. heck when you buy these reconditioned balls you just don't know how long they've been sitting at the bottom of a pond or how long they've been sitting in the elements. JMO!

You can probably sell dozens in zip lock bags all day long on craigslist for $20 each.

Set up 10 bags and see if there are any takers. The beauty of craigslist is it's free.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

And eventually in the hole.

You can probably sell dozens in zip lock bags all day long on craigslist for $20 each.

Set up 10 bags and see if there are any takers. The beauty of craigslist is it's free.

Or empty egg crates? what do you think? Heh heh LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Better yet, send your kids out to the course with those bags and have them sell them to golfers. I used to see kids doing that with the balls they found in their backyards and I always liked to pick out a couple and throw them a few bucks, I appreciated their hustle.

• SPY VIP

Better yet, send your kids out to the course with those bags and have them sell them to golfers. I used to see kids doing that with the balls they found in their backyards and I always liked to pick out a couple and throw them a few bucks, I appreciated their hustle.

Look at you offering a kid a few bucks for a dozen slightly used prov1's

I just envision the kid saying "That's $20 sir" as you are giving him a good rub on the head... ;)

Volvo Intorqueo

Same here. One of the courses I play on regularly has a couple of holes that have houses bordering one side of the fairway. The kids are often out doing that very thing. I try REALLY hard not to add to their ball collection on those days. Its a little embarrassing to have to buy your own balls back...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I've made some refurb golf ball purchases before and I've been satisfied for the most part. I'm actually in the market now for some ProV1x's and found this company out of Arizona called fore-used-golfballs.com and they've got a dozen mint ProV1x's for $21.95, which was by far the best price I've seen, only problem is, they don't specify whether or not they are the 2009 series.

Presently In my Bargain Bin Golf Bag

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Driver

3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher DST Fairway Wood

Hybrids: Wilson 3h & 4h Fybrid

Irons: 2009 TaylorMade Burner Irons

Wedges: Eidolon 60 Degree Cleveland CG 15 52 & 56

Putter: Bettinardi BB1

Balls: Top-Flite Gamer & TaylorMade Penta

• SPY VIP

Gator bait golf balls, lost golf balls, and golfball planet show up when you click the used button for this listing, but the listing itself is filled by amazon.

just seemed like a strange market area that should be filled by another vendor

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Recycled-B-Grade-Experienced-Professional/dp/B000RKIRXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1269875507&sr=8-1

Volvo Intorqueo

Well I recieved my order of 2 dozen grade AAAAA Titliest NXT Tour golf balls from lostgolfballs.com last night. First off 13 didn't have logos on them and 11 did have logos. I examined the balls closely and I had 4 were the red on the number was yellow so in the sun I am assuming and 3 were scuffed up a little like they barely hit a tree or something. Overall 17 of the 24 golf balls looked really good. I will play with them compared to a brand new NXT on thursday and see how they compare.

I've made some refurb golf ball purchases before and I've been satisfied for the most part. I'm actually in the market now for some ProV1x's and found this company out of Arizona called fore-used-golfballs.com and they've got a dozen mint ProV1x's for $21.95, which was by far the best price I've seen, only problem is, they don't specify whether or not they are the 2009 series.

Try here:

www.rockbottomgolf.com

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I just bought Callaway XTour AAAA from lostgolfballs.com and they are great. I haven't noticed any performance differences in these balls. I will def. buy more!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Archived