Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Recycled Balls

Addicted2Golf

I just bought Callaway XTour AAAA from lostgolfballs.com and they are great. I haven't noticed any performance differences in these balls. I will def. buy more!

This gives me confidence in the AAAAA NXT Tours I will be trying out today.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...I should re-phrase what I said before. I haven't, and don't think I ever would, pay for recycled golf balls. I will, however, use recycled golf balls -- as in ones I find on the course. I don't look, but since I walk, I often find balls on the course. I'm not above using them....but typically in casual rounds only, and only brands that I would buy and ones that look brand new.

I actually have found so many that I've gotten to the point where I throw most of them out to the side of the cartpath for someone else to pick up. Luckily, my home course has a lot of ProV1 users, and that's the most of what you'll come across.

Well I played today and I used my used NXT Tour balls and I have zero complaints. I was a little nervous but after the normal distance, flight, feel and spin I couldn't be happier. I will play these used gold balls more. For all those guys who refuse to play them I say give it a shot. For $15 bucks what do you really have to use?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Well I played today and I used my used NXT Tour balls and I have zero complaints. I was a little nervous but after the normal distance, flight, feel and spin I couldn't be happier. I will play these used gold balls more. For all those guys who refuse to play them I say give it a shot. For $15 bucks what do you really have to use?

Glad to hear that these worked out for you.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 2 months later...

OK, I suck (25 handicap), but, on occasion, break out some new balls vs. the recycled ones I normally use, guess what, I still suck! Have to think this depends on skill level.

LMAO... I think we're brothers from different mothers DrEric! I can screw up a shot with a top rock just as ugly as I can screw up a shot with a ProV. Might as well screw it up cheaper. ;)

(however, I have got to say... I really like the Gamer V2!)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I don't buy the recycled, but I will go through the boxes of X-outs to see if I can find the reason they were X'd out. I have bought a couple boxes of ProV's where Titleist was spelled "Titlist"; plus I just liked playing a ball that said Titlist. The only thing I don't like is the big X-out on the side, so I usually mark my ball there.

I have had good experiences as well. However, I did have an experience where I did not use lostgolfballs.com trying to save an extra buck or two on some Pro V1x's AAAA(highest rating on this website) and when I got them everything seemed good to go. However, on closer inspection it looked like these were doctored up. Normally the alignment graphic runs along the faint seam on the ball and every ball but a couple had the alignment graphic elsewhere. Now, the Titleist logo and the alignment graphic looked exactly like the ones on brand new Pro V1's they were just "stamped" on the ball. Did I even have real Pro V1x's? They played similar but I think my confidence in the performance of those balls was lacking. All of this and i can not even remember the name of the freakin website I ordered them from. I know, I know, I am not helping here. Anyway, order from someone established as recycled balls(AAAAA quality) are pretty much the same as the Pro Shop version but cheaper...and cheaper is good!

Driver: ADAMS Pro Speed 10 degree

Three wood: Orlimar Trimetal 12 degree with ProGold shaft

Hybrid: 18 degree Nike CPR

Hybrid: 24 degree Nike CPR

5-GW: ADAMS Pro Black CB1

SW: 56 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

LW: 60 degree (two dot) Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl

Putter: Rossa Classic Daytona (Black)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you notice any performance difference between recycled and non-recycled balls? What quality rating do you buy and have you tried others? Are their companies that you buy from for recycled balls and trust?

I'm always shied away from recycled balls but maybe I should reconsider.

That's pretty much the only kind I buy. At my local Meijer's (the Midwest's version of Wal-Mart, for those that don't know) they sell recycled balls by Links Choice. I've bought over 100 (by the dozens, obviously) with only 3 being "off". One was not-quite-white and the other two had noticeable scuffs. They charge more for Pro-V1's ($25 v. $20), but I can't tell a difference.

Archived