Souvenirs from where you have played, consider this no cost option.

Philpug

As I drink from a coffee cup from the Masters while wearing a shirt from TPC Sawgrass, mind you I have been to neither, they were gifts but they do give me a tie to the resorts. We all like to get something from where we have played. Sure, a hat, shirt, ball marker, logo'ed ball .. we might even pocket a logo'ed range ball. We all like return with a trinket from where we have played and the value of the haul tend to be in proportion to the cost of the greens fees, I know people who have walked out of high end pro shops with bills in the hundreds of dollars. But lets circle back to this and how this thought process originally came about.
image.png.62e0c9484bdfac19c8adf2940e6cb9c9.png

We have our net/practice area in our yard and there have been some dead grass sections and we have tried numerous ways to get those patches to come back and I thought who does a really good job getting scared grass to return ... quickly? Golf courses. These Superintendents are masters at formulating a mixture of sand and grass seed to put in divots so they heel as quickly as possible. So, I had a baggy in my golf back and filled it and brought it home to spread out on our lawn in the bad/scared areas.

This made me think, every cart at every resort has one or two divot containers on it. So, why not, when I visit a new course, bring a baggy along and pour some of the mix in it. Then when I get home, spread it out on my lawn and when it germinates I have some the courses I have played in my own front or back yard. It would be cool to see a section of lawn and be able to say, that is from Pebble Beach, Aronomink or even your local tracks . I thought this would be a fun and inexpensive way to commorate the courses we have been to.

Click * Point * Chute

Neat idea!

Are you asking the grounds crew for some seed mix?  Also remember they are fertilizing with a commercial grade mixture too. Certain types of grass/seeds will just burn up and never take depending on the fertilizer you use. 

Also, at my GC,  the sand is just sand 

It is dropped off by a 10tom dump truck into an open maintenance shed

We just scoop it into 55gal drums and put it in the cart barn to fill sand boxes on t he carts

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Yeah very cool idea! Of course like Rob said if the course is Bermuda then the full is just very fine grain sand which won't take help your own lawn. 

The other potential negative is those course seed mixes are very specifically tailored to the location, elevation and climate .. including amount of sun exposure .. of that course - so it may or may not work well on your home lawn. 

Still a fun idea tho!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg