TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mizuno JPX-825 Irons

Ice

Ice, welcome to MGS....Nice post...The JPX is a nice GI iron....I'm curious what the Pro looks like...It's hard to tell from that picture....

Fairwaya & Greens 4ever......

The pictures are on Mizuno's facebook page. I can post the rest of them if that would make it easier. If you've liked them then all the 25 or so pictures they put up should be viewable.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Indeed MSP. I'm really liking the look of the 825 Pro's. I wonder how much different then the 800 Pro's they'll turn out to be.

Cheers for putting the pics up Ice as I had missed these before.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Wow, they look great. I tried the 800 HDs last summer and liked them but thought that the shape of them was kind of weird (with the rounded toe) but the 825s look good. Much more classic (if you can call a shovel, "classic".

The Pros to me look a lot like the 800 Pros.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

WOW great Post Ice.. Kinda surprised Mizzy is putting something new out already, there MP59's are selling so well

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

They look pretty good.. Have been on the fence as of late about trying Mizuno's out. Have heard nothing but great things about the irons, but I like my i15's too much to actually go thru with a demo.. Also have a set of FG Tours as well and I could always unload those and move the Pings to the backup bag if the Mizuno's work out... see..the struggle continues !!

Hit them Long and Straight

They're religious on following the life-span of the irons, especially the GI and now SGI(800 HD)...They used to let the MP go, until they had, in their words"an iron that is clearly superior to the present iron in the market," though there are those that would question just how superior, if at all, the 64/69s are over the 63/68s...

The 800s have been out since '10....

We'll see....

Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

Everyone is being forced into shorter and shorter product cycles now. If your stuff isn't new, it's old, and no one is buying old stuff. The shame of it is that the "average" consumer believes that every one is better than the last.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I bought "old".....I wanted Mizzy's with the Project X Graphite shaft.....new were too expensive, so I found a used set of MP-53's with PX 4.5 shafts. Traded in my Cally X24 Hots plus $100.

Even though the lofts were 3* weaker, I was able to win over $500 in the following 2 months.

Currently, I am struggling with my 5 & 6 irons.....but I am confident that this will pass.

I love the Mizuno irons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't know if ya had a chance to hit the 800 Pros, however they had a nice shape to 'em...Alittle large for my tastes, though they're very good lookin & Howell III used 'em till he went with the 59s, so what in the hell do I know?....lol....

Fairways & Greens 4ever......

I have. Theyre nice irons.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

WOW great Post Ice.. Kinda surprised Mizzy is putting something new out already, there MP59's are selling so well

The JPX-800s that they replace came out 2 years ago though and Mizuno typically goes with 2-year product cycles.

The success of the 59s is a non-factor because these are irons that are marketed to a completely different player.

Although I'm really surprised there was no 54's for this year?

I was really hesitant between the 800 Pro, the 53's and the 59's.

Didn't like the 800 Pro's black insert and the 53's made a weird click noise when I tried them out.

Glad I pulled the trigger on the 59's.

Now I just have to learn how to play golf :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have. Theyre nice irons.

I've hit every iron from Mizuno in the past year or so so I'm looking forward to comparing these and seeing if there are any real improvements.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Let's hold final judgement until seen in person, but based on these pics .. I like both 825 better than the 800 series .. visually I like the pro over the regular .. I wonder how they changed the back cavity, if it will allow you to keep them clean in that spot .. seemed hard to do with the 800 series

Big question will be, can they kick my i20's out of the bag as I'm currently suffering from Mizuno withdrawal ?

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

You booted Mizzy for the i20s?...What irons were you playing?...

Fairways & Greens 4ever......

MX-25 .. serious withdrawal (same story with the tour-s vs old vokeys) .. convinced myself I needed the extra forgiveness of the i20's over the MP line .. gonna give the i20's a few weeks, to see if they grow on me .. but I'm allready ogling the Mizuno website and line-up .. it seems that the heart is allready set ...

Wow, though I've never hit the MX irons, I did hit the 800 Pros & figured they were about the same in forgiveness..You'd know better than...I did hit, and played 2 rounds with the i20s and I found the Pros more forgiving, however I'll tell ya what, and I never thought that I'd say this however the i20s are one hell of an iron...Excellent irons, especially for a cast, though I really coudn't tell ya the difference in a "blind" test, except I do know how my 68s & 63s feel just from hitting them so often...

You got a nice iron in the i20s.....whichever iron ya pick, you can't go wrong....

fairways & Greens 4ever......

Well .. everyone keeps telling me how great the i20's are, but I still can't connect to them, they are out of the bag .. Mizunos and Vokeys are back in .. Maybe I've grown so accustomed to the Mizuno Vokey combo that I should stick with that .. full story below:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/5592-i20-or-712ap1-irons/page__view__findpost__p__66389

Wow, though I've never hit the MX irons, I did hit the 800 Pros & figured they were about the same in forgiveness..You'd know better than...I did hit, and played 2 rounds with the i20s and I found the Pros more forgiving, however I'll tell ya what, and I never thought that I'd say this however the i20s are one hell of an iron...Excellent irons, especially for a cast, though I really coudn't tell ya the difference in a "blind" test, except I do know how my 68s & 63s feel just from hitting them so often...

You got a nice iron in the i20s.....whichever iron ya pick, you can't go wrong....

fairways & Greens 4ever......

Youve never hit any of the MX irons??? And you call yourself a Mizuno fan. ;)

Honestly, they arent a whole lot different than the JPX line. Ive owned 4 sets of MX irons (2 MX-15s, a MX-25 and an MX-100) and theyre all great irons. Very forgiving but still with the soft feel youd expect from a Mizuno.

I wonder if the jpx825pro will feel similar to the mx25, or that the MP range offers better alternatives that closer mimic mx25 feel.

I wonder if the jpx825pro will feel similar to the mx25, or that the MP range offers better alternatives that closer mimic mx25 feel.

JPX is going to be much closer to a MX than any MP will be. The MPs are going to have a much duller feel and you will need to be pretty close to the center of the clubface in order to get the most out of them.

If theres any doubts in your mind, then its JPX all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

I will have a larger review later once I unpack my notebook but I've finally found that Mizzie iron that does everything I want in flight, distance, feel/sound and looks at once.

Thy name is the JPX 825 Pro's and you will be mine shortly.

Seriously people, give these a hit. They're worth the time!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Meh, lofts are lofts. I don't care what they stick on the bottom of the club, I'm hitting the closest thing I've got to 35/36 at something 155 away whatever number that happens to be.

I'm not sure you would be as much of a fan of these as I am RP. I've found a number of Mizzie models in the MP range to be gushy in feeling, while the previous generation of the JPX's either Pro or not, wasn't to my liking as they sounded to hard. The 825 Pro's seem to be the blend for me. Not to squishy, not to hard and produces excellent ball speeds. More importantly for me, the 825 Pro's handle thinned shots MUCH better then the 53's or 59's.

I'm heading down tomorrow to stick my order in. I refuse to not have these :lol:

Meh, lofts are lofts. I don't care what they stick on the bottom of the club, I'm hitting the closest thing I've got to 35/36 at something 155 away whatever number that happens to be.

I've sort of come to terms with this as well. In the SGI world, they need stronger lofts simply because the club heads are designed to launch the ball high and for lower swing speed players. All that really matters is how far you hit them compared to the next club in your bag. If you have any huge gaps in your set though, that needs to be fixed one way or another.

True WD. Plus it's not like Mizzie won't alter the lofts for you on any of their models. I could just as easily ask for 2 weak across the board and be at the same lofts as Pro Combo's and just 1 degree off my Miura's (1 off the pitching wedge. Everything else would pretty much match).

Plus I already hit a fairly high ball so I'm finding the quasi player irons with the jacked lofts are actually better for me. Takes my ball flight down some while keeping most of the feeling and looks I want. I like the quasi player iron segment. Between the Pro Combo's, I20's, JPX825 Pro's, Pro Combo's, CMB's and J40 DPC's I honestly think that's the best collection of iron sets in golf. Aside from beginners I don't think there's a player out there who couldn't be fit here and I even think a lot of the new players could be covered just fine by the i20's.

Equally important to me here is that Mizzie' is offering the Program 130's which are by far and away the best iron shaft numbers wise for me (also, don't let the high launch listing on the Mizzie or Matrix site fool you. They are mid at best. Sort of like the launch of a KBS Tour without the spin issues).

For some reason I find myself much more engaged in this conversation today than yesterday. B)

I hit several different Mizunos this afternoon but was unable to find the JPX 825's in any of our stores. Where are you guys finding them?

As Richard and perhaps others know from other threads I have a preference for Cavity backs over blades or muscle backs so I have little doubt that the JPX 825 pro is going to be the ticket for me. I hit the 800 and was very happy with it despite the fact that the shaft wasn't my cup of tee - dynamic golf 300S - I currently have Graphite Design G-Tech S/R flex in my irons and love that shaft. Can any of you guru's give me a hand on mizunos' equivalent for that one. I prefer graphite - this one's a mid launch and seems to suite me just right.

As always great conversation for me to follow - very helpful - can't believe I'm about to join the Mizuno family.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Equally important to me here is that Mizzie' is offering the Program 130's which are by far and away the best iron shaft numbers wise for me (also, don't let the high launch listing on the Mizzie or Matrix site fool you. They are mid at best. Sort of like the launch of a KBS Tour without the spin issues).

What's the upcharge for the Program 130's? I've heard the KBS comparison before and it makes me want to try them, which is the last thing I need to do....but it could be fun.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

What's the upcharge for the Program 130's? I've heard the KBS comparison before and it makes me want to try them, which is the last thing I need to do....but it could be fun.

For yon US resident? $38 per

Is anyone playing the MP H4's? That's another one that intrigues me but I'd love some feedback on it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

By the by, $47 upcharge for Canadian residents for the Programs.

Is anyone playing the MP H4's? That's another one that intrigues me but I'd love some feedback on it.

Not actively. Think of them as a fuly set of Fli Hi's. They're quite bit with a really wide sole. When I say wide, I mean like SGI wide at least until the 6 (I only played around with the 3-6 in the set).

Since Super Tuna and Richard have both hit them could you compare the JPX-825 pros to the Ping Eye 2? That's really what I'm looking to replicate - I want this set of irons to last me the same 15 years that my Eye 2's did - assuming I live that long of course.

I'm thinking of the project x graphite/steel 5.5 in them.

Thanks again for this thread guys - MyGolfSpy remains the place to be for equipment questions.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived