Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I noticed one thing we haven't seemed to discuss much on here

NGage

Actual PGA Tour tournaments....like the one completing today.

And in all honesty, I haven't even watched much PGA golf this year....at least so far.

I've watched next to none.

I prefer to watch sports in my down time, you know, sports where there is continuous movement.

TV golf bores me to death with or without TW.

Semper Fi

My Club

I prefer to watch sports in my down time, you know, sports where there is continuous movement.

It can...I know what you mean. That's one reason why I love to watch all the match play events (pro and am)...lots of head to head excitement.

I'll be honest and say that once Tiger stopped playing I stopped watching... I'll flip it on and watch for 15-20 minutes, but there is just nothing exciting, and it seems there is no draw... I'd Watch the Majors with or without Tiger because there is more at stake, but otherwise, I haven't really cared much...

But then again, I haven't been out yet this year, so I'm not totally in a golf mood yet either...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I check stats on the iphone PGA app and occasionally watch some video there. Watching for an hour on Thursday at the gym got me to start the "treadmill" thread about how dull it was...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I check stats on the iphone PGA app and occasionally watch some video there. Watching for an hour on Thursday at the gym got me to start the "treadmill" thread about how dull it was...

I watch for player technique in the context of what I am currently working on with my pro in my own game.

Posted Image

Just one thing we haven't talked about? B)

Quite honestly, I've been too busy posting on this forum to watch golf on TV....

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Amen to that. Golf on tv is the most boring thing on tv.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I watch it when its on NBC or CBS. Don't have golf channel. I love watching golf.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

I watch it when its on NBC or CBS. Don't have golf channel. I love watching golf.

I like it, just haven't had time. Seeing the leaderboard from this week, I really wish I could have caught some of it, but watching golf was a distant, minuscule, speck-in-the-distance third to playing golf and watching the NCAA Tournament.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Amen to that. Golf on tv is the most boring thing on tv.

Wow. That's a pretty strong statement. So, forced to watch TV, you'd rather watch anything other than golf? I find that hard to believe...

I have the full Comcast cable package and I can tell you there are plenty of shows more boring than golf. For instance, I'd rather bludgeon myself in the groin than watch anything shown on the Lifetime channel.. :(

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I don't think golf is boring, you can find action no matter who is playing. The Sony Open had one of the best finishes all year, let no one watched.

I watched a decent amount of it, but was switching back and forth between the NCAA Tournament. I am also glad to see Jim back in the winner's circle. He's a good guy.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Wow. That's a pretty strong statement. So, forced to watch TV, you'd rather watch anything other than golf? I find that hard to believe...

I have the full Comcast cable package and I can tell you there are plenty of shows more boring than golf. For instance, I'd rather bludgeon myself in the groin than watch anything shown on the Lifetime channel.. :(

You are right, Lifetime is no Oxygen channel.

Comparing a regular golf tournament to March Madness is not quite fair though. Maybe if the bottom 10 golfers lost their card each week, there would be the play-or-go-home intensity of the NCAA

Volvo Intorqueo

You are right, Lifetime is no Oxygen channel.

Comparing a regular golf tournament to March Madness is not quite fair though. Maybe if the bottom 10 golfers lost their card each week, there would be the play-or-go-home intensity of the NCAA

Comparing anything to the NCAA Tournament is unfair, particularly this year with all the tremendous games that we've seen.

• SPY VIP

Comparing anything to the NCAA Tournament is unfair, particularly this year with all the tremendous games that we've seen.

I seem to think that the major in April will be along the same level though.

Volvo Intorqueo

Call me whatever names you want, but you can keep the Masters if I can have the NCAA. Not even close.

The NCAA certainly has more drama that's for sure, but I am more of a golf fan than a basketball fan. Don't get me wrong, I love basketball, Celtics games are awesome in person and on TV, but I haven't gone to college, I don't really have any school allegiance. That puts me in the minority though. Basketball is great, but I like golf more.

• SPY VIP

The NCAA certainly has more drama that's for sure, but I am more of a golf fan than a basketball fan. Don't get me wrong, I love basketball, Celtics games are awesome in person and on TV, but I haven't gone to college, I don't really have any school allegiance. That puts me in the minority though. Basketball is great, but I like golf more.

Go to Duke and re-post in this thread. :)

Better yet, UNC

(I want to watch the master's more too. )

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

I got into U of Delaware today, that's sort of close.....

One advantage of your school over Duke is that you will probably get an education there. :)

(where is Matt)

Volvo Intorqueo

One advantage of your school over Duke is that you will probably get an education there. :)

(where is Matt)

I wouldn't call it my school, it's my third choice if I get into the top 2, but Matt wont be happy about that.

Go to Duke and re-post in this thread. :)

Better yet, UNC

(I want to watch the master's more too. )

(where is Matt)

Are you trying to ruin the kid's life, telling him to go to UNC? You know you can only get in there if you fill out your app in crayon, right? (I actually have a true story about this, quite funny).

With regard to your second post...just uninformed. Top 10 university for a long long while now. Would still be top 5 if it weren't for Mike Nifong...don't get me started on that.

• SPY VIP

Are you trying to ruin the kid's life, telling him to go to UNC? You know you can only get in there if you fill out your app in crayon, right? (I actually have a true story about this, quite funny).

With regard to your second post...just uninformed. Top 10 university for a long long while now. Would still be top 5 if it weren't for Mike Nifong...don't get me started on that.

Will move Duck discussion back to NCAA thread. :huh:

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Will move Duke discussion back to NCAA thread. :huh:

OOPS. somehow edit double posted.

Sorry nic for calling Duke Duck, you don't deserve that.

Volvo Intorqueo

I haven't watched hardly any. I think with the weather I've had this winter, combined with only playing at the first of Nov and one weekend in Jan, I just haven't been able to get into the mood for it all. That will probably change as the weather does...and as The Masters approaches.

Archived