TESTERS WANTED! ×

Adams Tom Watson Wedges

jamo

I got a look at them today at GG and the two-tone face really seems to exaggerate the shape and makes it very unappealing to me. Held side by side with a Vokey (the shape I'm comfortable with), it's not that different, but it looks odd at address by itself.

Yeah, I'll pass and stick with my trusty iWedges. On a slight tangent, how was GG? Get any free stuff?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yeah, I'll pass and stick with my trusty iWedges. On a slight tangent, how was GG? Get any free stuff?

Free TM hat, 2 free Nike balls (4 total if you count the 2 I got yesterday), hourly drawings (which I didn't win), and some big drawings that are happening tonight for some significant prizes: GPS, irons, shoes, etc.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Free TM hat, 2 free Nike balls (4 total if you count the 2 I got yesterday), hourly drawings (which I didn't win), and some big drawings that are happening tonight for some significant prizes: GPS, irons, shoes, etc.

That's great. Was that at the Schaumburg location? Its not an insignificant drive for me so I couldn't make it out. The only other one is in Naperville. You Barrington guys have it easy. :)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Thats a pretty good amount of free stuff for one trip.

• SPY VIP

I got a look at them today at GG and the two-tone face really seems to exaggerate the shape and makes it very unappealing to me. Held side by side with a Vokey (the shape I'm comfortable with), it's not that different, but it looks odd at address by itself.

Nice haul.

I built a patio gazebo and am going to the ballet later...

This contest is not free in this house... :P

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Nice haul.

I built a patio gazebo and am going to the ballet later...

This contest is not free in this house... :P

I'm kids clothes shopping right now. So stop your belly aching!

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Are going to sushi first

large kirin and saki please!

NICE! I like Sappuro better than Kirin but both are good.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

NICE! I like Sappuro better than Kirin but both are good.

I like Kirin Ichiban best if they have it. Sapporo is a fine beer too.

Singha was really good with the Thai last night...

Volvo Intorqueo

I detect a hint of sarcasm. Not your favorite time at the shop?

Lets see..... A whole bunch of fellas wandering out to the range to see the "new" Taylor Made, that we have had on display for the last 2 months, and having to ask the TM rep questions that they think that we don't know the answer to. That kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Lets see..... A whole bunch of fellas wandering out to the range to see the "new" Taylor Made, that we have had on display for the last 2 months, and having to ask the TM rep questions that they think that we don't know the answer to. That kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Do they buy the drivers, or just blast them and leave.

Volvo Intorqueo

You guys are just the dumba$$ sales clerks. What do you know? :unsure:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

You mean top them and then leave?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

That's great. Was that at the Schaumburg location? Its not an insignificant drive for me so I couldn't make it out. The only other one is in Naperville. You Barrington guys have it easy. :(

BARRINGTON GUYS!?!?! Wow. Wow. You can forget about that gripping stuff or laying your hands on my Byrons if you keep up that kind of talk.

Blast and leave... every time.

You mean top them and then leave?

This too.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

You guys are just the dumba$$ sales clerks. What do you know? :D

This is one of my faves. My career is fitting golf equipment. It has been my job for the last 15 years. But "my buddy said.....".... B) :wacko:

This is one of my faves. My career is fitting golf equipment. It has been my job for the last 15 years. But "my buddy said.....".... B) :wacko:

I listened to a Callaway rep deal with this yesterday. He was trying to put someone into a Diablo and they were insistent that Ernie or somebody was hitting the FT Tour, so that's what they needed too.

BARRINGTON GUYS!?!?! Wow. Wow. You can forget about that gripping stuff or laying your hands on my Byrons if you keep up that kind of talk.

Sorry, Hoffman Estates. I deserve to get a beat down for that one.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

This is one of my faves. My career is fitting golf equipment. It has been my job for the last 15 years. But "my buddy said.....".... ;) :)

You should hear the teacher conferences. "I was in school for 12 years so I know what it means to be a teacher." Real quote from an irate parent.

Follow-up quote from the greatest principal ever "Well how many times do you think that you will need to fly on a plane before you are ready to take over for the pilot?"

Volvo Intorqueo

You should hear the teacher conferences. "I was in school for 12 years so I know what it means to be a teacher." Real quote from an irate parent.

Follow-up quote from the greatest principal ever "Well how many times do you think that you will need to fly on a plane before you are ready to take over for the pilot?"

Best quote EVER. I will need to pass that one along to the wife...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

That is fantastic. I am putting that one in my hip pocket for next conference night.

You know what, I feel guilty if a person at GG or any other store, takes the time, to work with me personally on a club selection. I mean if they put the effort in, I end up buying a club from them, so I try not to run in and just hit and run.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

You know what, I feel guilty if a person at GG or any other store, takes the time, to work with me personally on a club selection. I mean if they put the effort in, I end up buying a club from them, so I try not to run in and just hit and run.

That is not guilt John, it is your sense of honor. You find value in the service that is provided and you feel like you need to compensate them for it. I feel the same way about the store I shop at here. Granted when I went in last week, they asked where I have been. :)

That connection makes me leave cash for clubs there though.

Volvo Intorqueo

That is not guilt John, it is your sense of honor. You find value in the service that is provided and you feel like you need to compensate them for it. I feel the same way about the store I shop at here. Granted when I went in last week, they asked where I have been. :)

That connection makes me leave cash for clubs there though.

I agree, your right. I always though if they put the time in with you, and they seem like they want to help you, not steer you to a certain club, then you buy from them. When I bought my R7 Irons, I went to another local shop, they had tons of used sets, but I was in there for 45 minutes looking before he even asked me if he could help me, while I was leaving.

I went to the local GG, starting talking with the sales guy at the simulator, he had me swing a few times with a 6 iron, then just started bringing me clubs. Never mentioned price, and I picked the 3 that felt the best, after 30 minutes of hitting, I the best feeling were the R7s, and were the least expensive of the 3 I picked. I didn't plan on spending 500.00 or getting a new set, but it was a great fit, the guy helped me forever, and helped me adjust my grip and stance a bit, almost giving me a mini lesson. I still go see him when I want something, and always will.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

That's why when I have no intention of buying I just tell them i'm just looking, no need to waste their time.

• SPY VIP

Hit the Adams wedges today. Very windy mind you, but these are good. Hit 58* Adams, Cally Jaws, and Scratch (JDM gring, I think)

Getting it out of the way, the scratch wedge ruled. period. loved the weight and feel at impact so I may look for these if caddysbag runs them again

Jaws had a nice feel too, but on every full swing the grooves ended up full of range ball. can't imaging what this thing would do to urethane.

As for the Watson, I loved it. Easily as good as the Cally and it didn't eat balls. Full swing was a 1 hop and stop spin. opened it up and messed a bit with flops and actually hit a couple.

it seems like a very versatile wedge. $59.99 each seems like a screaming deal on these.

I had gone to the store to order the burner lob, but after hitting these, I am going to wait for a nice day and demo these again on grass and see how they pitch/ chip/ etc.

give them a try...

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived