Shots going left....

• SPY VIP

Assuming you had the ball set exactly perpendicular, then Bruce is definitely on to something. My best guess is 1 - 1.5 degrees. Here's where a fitting cart is indeed ideal, but again...don't trust the lie board.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your problem has already been answered. That mark appears to be consistent with impact that has the face square to the line and toe higher than the heel... an indication that the lie angle is too upright. Put a ball in front of the clubface and move the face around.. open, closed, toe up, toe down... to see which alignment produces that line at impact. Appears to me to be face square, toe up... which matches the ball flight reported.

I've learned something today. Thanks GolfSpy T!

Old School on marking the face.

The line on the ball is the only way to get a clear picture on lie angle.

It can also give you an indication of the correct shaft flex with a driver.If the line angles toward the hosel the shaft is too weak. Toward the toe and the shaft is too stiff.

There's a little something you can do on your own to verify/check to see if your lie angles are off. Next time you're hitting balls, use one of those magic marker line drawing things to put a straight line on the ball. Place the ball such that it's facing away from the target line, perpendicular to the ground and the grooves on your irons. Basically you want the line to transfer to your clubface.

Old School on marking the face.

It can also give you an indication of the correct shaft flex with a driver.If the line angles toward the hosel the shaft is too weak. Toward the toe and the shaft is too stiff.

Learned 2 new things today!!

Ginormous thanks to T & Bruce!!!

I'm going to need to make the trip to Minneapolis....meanwhile I'm going to pick up a single 6 iron 2Ëš flat and see how it goes.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived