TESTERS WANTED! ×

What would you pick if you won?

TwoSolitudes

No bitching or complaining about the contest allowed in this thread.

Just imagine you won the big contest. What equipment would you choose?

Driver: has to be the R11S 10.5. I'll take a stiff shaft with a low kick point, adjust it up to 11* square and see what happens.

Woods: Rocketballz! Of course. Lets try out the hype. If I only get one I'll take the HL 3wood. Otherwise a 5 and a 7.

Hybrids: If I only get one I'll take the Super XTD 21*. With two I'll also grab a Super 25*

Irons: Have to go with the JPX 850 Pros. 4-PW. Regular graphite shafts. +2* on the lofts. to make them nice feeling and very forgiving sticks.

Wedges: 52* and 58* I think.

Putter: the SS9 looks good for the stock series. Otherwise maybe the BB35.

Balls: Under 105 mph with tour distance and soft feel? Yep, I'll take the B330-RX.

Shoes and Clothes: I would let my wife decide. She will probably grab the Sub70 stuff for herself.

What would you choose?

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Nice thread! :D and no bitching... just dreaming!

I would need a new fitting to decide what fits me best.

Driver: RBZ or 11s in 9.5*

Woods: RBZ 15*

Hybrids: I really couldn't find a comparison table for all the different models Adams offers, so I am totally clueless here. But I would probably go 18* and 21* to fill the gaps between my 4i and 3w

Irons: Since I already have the MP59, I think I would like to try the MP63 for the kicks

Wedges: To match the 46* PW from Mizuno, I would get a 50*, 54* and 58* wedge

Putter: SS5, love that color!

Balls: B330-RX as well, since my last SS measurement was under 100mph. But who knows... that was a year ago :D

Shoes: Stealth white/electric blue look pretty nice!

Clothes: I think something in green or pink would look nice

Now if I REALLY got the prize, I think I would skip the irons, 1 FW, 1 hybrid and the awesome MGS staff bag to auction here and donate the money to MGS. Don't get me wrong, I love the bag, but I always walk without a caddy, so it's just too much weight for me.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

You know I'm actually in contention for this so I'm not wanting to even think about it so why did I look here? Ahhhhhhhhh and I've been so good.

I have to say that I went to a fitter for the entire bag for the first time ever this spring - I've been fit for the past several drivers that I've had but this is the first time I was ever fit through the bag. I love my clubs with the possible exception of my wedges and the one that I like least I chip really well with so it's in the bag just for that reason.

At any rate he's had some serious life issues since then and is not currently able to help.

I have another friend who's a club repair guy at a golfsmith. Vick is a very competent repair guy but is not up to speed on what's available. He can take what you have and do what you want with it but he knows very little about what's on the market - Actually I like him for that - His stance is that it's all good as a starting point and then from their you tweak it to fit the player.

If I were to win I'd have to break down and go to a fitter that we have in the area. He's Brittany Lincsecome's fitter. The last time I saw her we were on the range together and she remarked about my clubs and asked who fit me for them. - She's sweet and she said next time I should go to her guy. But I know him, he's anything but sweet - he's as arrogant as they come - think Mr. Fabulous from the Blues Brothers - he's the Mr. Fabulous of fitters - problem is he really is. While he was out on tour he won Taylor Made's fitter of the year three times. So I'd go to him and get fit because all we did was an overhaul on my current clubs - it would be really fun to start from scratch with a set on someone else's dime. Of course I'll spend that hour hearing about how I'm not a tour player and how since I don't play from the tips I'm not really a 2 and all that but what the hey - it's an hour. I tend to agree with him anyway I often feel like the great pretender

For cloths I'd like my wife pick them.

And here I am working at home writing and prepping a Bible study listening to 50's music on Sirius radio and what comes on, "Dream....... dream, dream, dream."

Whose the jerk that started this thread anyway? :angry: :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

First thing I'd do is beg Frank Viola to spare an hour for a TM/Adams fitting :).

Driver: I have a R11s with a shaft I love, so I'd probably auction this off and donate the proceeds to MGS

Woods: I have the RBZ 14.5* and it's really great, but the shaft could probably use replacing. I'd probably get the 13* and 17* Tour models so I have all sorts of choices of clubs to take for different courses

Hybrids: Super XTD 19* and 21*.

Irons: Gotta go with a combo set here, 3 and 4 irons HL4 and 5-PW MP59, all with KBS Tour Stiff.

Wedges: 50-55-60 set. On the highly unlikely chance I don't win the grand prize, I've been considering bending my current wedges to this setup ;).

Putter: I have no idea, the grand prize is some custom option. I'd get whatever they suggest me to take.

Balls: Either the B330-RX or B330. I still need to compare the two!

Sub70 Clothes: I might let John Barry decide this one ;)

Shoes: I'm partial to the Black/Electric blue stealths

The GPS watch would go to my son who would love it. As for the bag, if I can fit it on my clicgear cart, you can bet I'll be using it except on one particularly hill course. Whoever wins has to represent MGS after all.

• SPY VIP

Obviously I'm not eligible, but for the sake of a good thread, I'll play along:

Driver: R11s 9* (I actually play the 8*), with Matrix 7m3, X-stiff

FW: RocktBallz 13* and 18...maybe a Matrix 8m7, Maybe a Fubuki varient

Hybrids: Adams idea pro a12 (20 & 23)...what's in my bag now, but if I could do the shaft over again, I'd probably go x-stiff in the Matrix

Irons: Haven't seen the new stuff yet, but my god...the MP-59s are stupid good.

Wedges: boring...52, 56, and 60

Putter: Hard to say, but you can't beat custom awesomeness.

Bag - you'd think we all had those MGS Staff bags, but we don't.

Ball: Tour B-330

Shoes: Stealth in white

Sub70 apparel...fall stuff is right around the corner, so I don't know...yet. But damn...best pants ever.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Ok, I admit, I did click the links on Fbook and went to pick out what would want. Pretty much RP's bag.:D Actually, I will have to decide this later but I have looked.

And I may need to confess this in private to RevKev that I truely lusted in my heart over the Neo+ GPS and the golfbag.

Oh yeah, the putter.... I stayed up late looking at those, OMG. They could do a calander or maybe a magazine with a centerfold in it. Best thing since body paint. Ok, I exaggerated on that. But there were some awesome looking putters on there and the customs on eBay.

I even went to the Scor site and got fitted with my new dream set of wedges to fit my Mizzie irons that I would win. That was because they do not list the Mizzie irons that I play.

And I am a huge admirer of the TMag. Not because I think they are the best, but the fact that so many people think they are the best. One of the high cappers I play with replaced his Burner 2.0 Superfast with a Ping I20 last week. Sunday, another guy asked what he did with the TMag. He said it was in his car. The second guy handed him a $100 and said I'll take it. They did the deal right then and both walked off giggling like school girls. There was no talk of shafts or let me hit it or anything. Boom the whole thing lasted 20 seconds plus the time it took him to go get it. The purchaser looked at me and said, all those people that play them can't be wrong. I said probably not.:rolleyes:

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Hybrids: Adams idea pro a12 (20 & 23)...what's in my bag now, but if I could do the shaft over again, I'd probably go x-stiff in the Matrix

Curious why you chose the Idea Pro A12 vs the new Supers or Super XTD.

• SPY VIP

Curious why you chose the Idea Pro A12 vs the new Supers or Super XTD.

A couple reasons... firstly, I don't need any more distance out of either hybrid. Each fits exactly where I need it to from a gapping perspective.

secondly...it's a shape preference thing. The pro a12 is one of, if not the most compact hybrid on the market today. While most hybrids tend to be closer to fairway woods, the a12 pro is closer to an iron in my estimation. It's not necessarily good or bad. As I said, it's purely preference from a visual standpoint.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Awesome iPhone triple post

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Awesome iPhone triple post

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

R11S v2 10.5* with a Diamana Whiteboard 73x (I had a v1 and an RBZ Tour. Tried somewhere around 50 shafts between them and couldn't find a reliable combo. Killed a friends v2 with the whiteboard though)

RBZ Tour Spoon with Talamonti PD80 Tour X

RBZ Tour 4 with a Talamonti PD80 Tour X

Adams Idea Pro VST 21* w/ Talamonti H100 Tour X (if I got 2, the other would be the Idea Pro VST 16* with a True Temper Monaco in X flex)

Mizuno MP59 5-PW w/ DG Tour Issue S400 hard stepped once

Scor 56* and 60* DG Tour Issue X100 8 iron shaft not sure if I'd go 51 or 64 with the 3rd wedge. I'm really happy with both of my current wedges in those two slots.

Bettinardi DASS Boxcar Centershaft

Bag: MGS Bag

Ball B330 RX

Shoe: Stealth in Black

Clothing, would want to wait on the fall line and get 34 waist LE pants to have my tailor hem with the v notch at the bottom and would go up 2 sizes in the shirts to an ZL because that's the size that I wear in their shirts do the hems in the arm pits don't rub me raw (normally wear a medium in most shirts learned the XL is right after the 3rd order I made with them, lol. Love the clothes now that I got the right sizes, tried Medium with my first order, it's like a child's large on me).

In The Bag

The chances of my winning are very slim so I might as well dream a little:

Driver: R11S TP 9* Project X

Fairways: RBZ Tour 14.5* and 18*

Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro A12 20* and 23*

Irons: Mizuno MP69 (or maybe the new MP64).

Wedges: 50* 56* and 60*

Putter: Bettinardi BB0 Flowneck with sight dot.

Ball: Tour B330-S (I don't think swing speed matters).

Shoes: True Stealth White/Mud

Sub70: Something that looks good on an older guy.

Just a brief interuption to grant RR Absolution.

It's only lust if you can't have it anyway - there is still the possibility here RR - it would become lust were the feelings to continue in a couple of weeks.

What's wierd is the bag was the big deal to me when this started - now it's those wedges - I have a great bag, all of my other clubs have new shafts, been tweaked and are working really well (I was even for 12 holes before the rain came yesterday.) My gap wedge and I are really at odds of late from the fairway. I'm sure it's because the old Eye 2 looks so different from the rest of my clubs that I'm having trouble squaring it - lots of pulls!!!! It's fine on the range, after the first shot, unfortunately they only let you have 1 on the course. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think in the way of irons, I would do the new MP64's with KBS C Tapers. This is combining information from two different threads that are on the board today.

The first being that Mizuno has added the C Taper in the custom shop. The second being that Luke Donald has changed to the MP64's. The picture of them in his bag made them look much like the MP62 to me but with the muscle flex in a point rather than straight across. So that would be my iron choice.

Driver: R11S TP 10.5* w/ Matrix 7M3

Fairways: R11S TP 3 and 5 w/ 7M3

Hybrids: Idea Super XTD w/ Matrix hM3

Irons: MP-64 3-6 MP-69 7-PW w/ KBS Tour

Wedges: 50* 54* 58*

Putter: I'd be going to Studio B in Chicago and get what I'm fit for. It is a fully custom fit tour putter!

Balls: B330

Clothing: I'd have to look through the whole catalogue to pick...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived