TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

I was thinking of setting up a computer at church and then showing them how to vote on the big screan RR. :)

I've posted instructions for voting several different times - I've met with folks and told them how to - it's not so easy - it took me a couple of days to figure it out. I always tell them it doesnt take long it's just a little tricky.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of setting up a computer at church and then showing them how to vote on the big screan RR. :)

I've posted instructions for voting several different times - I've met with folks and told them how to - it's not so easy - it took me a couple of days to figure it out. I always tell them it doesnt take long it's just a little tricky.

Really tough to tell people how to do it on phones.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Really tough to tell people how to do it on phones.

I've yet to have anyone tell me they succeeded in voting on their phone.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

When will the finalists be announced?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

RevKev - First round ends tomorrow at midnight. We will then tally the votes and choose the 5 other staff picks and announce the finalists either Friday or Monday.

When will the finalists be announced?

#TruthDigest

RevKev - First round ends tomorrow at midnight. We will then tally the votes and choose the 5 other staff picks and announce the finalists either Friday or Monday.

Thanks guys appreciate that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

JM.....you wrote exactly how I feel too. I even had a submission typed up and didn't bother to enter it.

I don't want to sound pissy or anything.....I'll just do what i can to win member of the month someday ;)

You are not alone in that thought, I am sure there are others that feel the exact same way.

I appreciate everything MGS does and the prize packages they give out, I am a From Member of the Month (FMOM) winner so I can't say much other then I never received my T-Shirt :lol:, I had to poke at T a little there.

I personally think FB as the host for the contest is more then acceptable. The exact rules on how FB voting gets 1st and 2nd place boggles my mind. I would have assumed that 3rd place would get the popularity vote win. and the 1st and 2nd would have been a panel of MGS staff to crown the "Tour Staff Member". I said this once before in another topic and got meet with hostility for just expressing my opinion on how I would tweak the contest. I think even when this started I didn't fully know the rules until 1/2 way into it. Once I figured out that it was not for MGS to be productive and just a popularity contest for gear I was like you and felt deflated and sort of started avoiding everything to do with the contest.

I just wanted to be a little PR with my original post because I know this is a great thing for some people out there that need / want the free stuff. I am just not that motivated to get votes since I don't really need / want much of the prize stuff... The MGS bag would be bad a$$ and the wedges, depending on the hybrid model might use those, the rest of it would get auctioned off or donated to the first tee that I knew I wouldn't be using if I wore to win. I figure someone out their needs the stuff more then I do.

So like I said once before in an attempt to be positive for the contest as a whole in giving away free gear... Good luck to those people that make round 2 voting...

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

So will 2nd round voting start the day after finalists are announced and run to Sept 6? Thx!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I hope no nonsensical entries are in the top 5. Probably will happen, but I hope not. I had a few friends helping me out but there's no way I'm gonna get in the hundreds. I'm gunning for a staff pick!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

A long story about catching a yeti followed by an all caps rant about not winning any contests. I don't know about you but I certainly hope that doesn't win.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I love the Yeti entry - love it!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

What happened to all the entries? I thought it ran through midnight?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

What happened to all the entries? I thought it ran through midnight?

Hiccup in the timing...fixed.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hiccup in the timing...fixed.

Time to try and stump for a lot of votes quickly.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Oh I see we're gonna get along real nice around here. Look forward to playing sometime rev!

Do you head down this way in the winter? If so bring the Yeti with - he can buy the first round. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

Just a quick note on the contest. We've pulled down the *final* export for the first round, so basically, while we can't close the entries without making a mess of things, round 1 is effectively over.

I know who the top 5 are (but I'm not telling), and the staff will be making its picks during the day today.

T

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

Here's another pointless update. I have trimmed the field down to my personal top 10. I know Matt is working on doing the same. X is no doubt doing the same.

Dave and Tim are West Coast, so they're still sleeping. Frank...he's a young guy...might not have even made it to bed yet.

Just a quick note on the contest. We've pulled down the *final* export for the first round, so basically, while we can't close the entries without making a mess of things, round 1 is effectively over.

I know who the top 5 are (but I'm not telling), and the staff will be making its picks during the day today.

T

By my count, I'm T3.......woohooo. James has a ridiculous number of votes and I don't know if anyone will be able to keep up with him in the finals.

• SPY VIP

By my count, I'm T3.......woohooo. James has a ridiculous number of votes and I don't know if anyone will be able to keep up with him in the finals.

James may run away with it, but with the vote counts reset...and every new vote counting as an entry for the 3rd place prize package, I'm optimistic that enough people will vote for their actual favorite entry, and thereby level the playing field a bit.

The other thing is that we've had time to learn how the voting works and thus for getting our friends up to speed on things work so that should help some. James started way ahead of the game and he is to be applauded - also his entry is a very good one - win/win.

I would expect that the entire MyGolfSpy Community would now participate in voting for their favorite entry or person who is entered into the finals because every vote gets a crack at a very impressive prize.

I do have a question about this - how do our friends get entered? Do they imply request the newsletter along with submitting their vote if they are voting for a candidate? That could really increase membership for the site.

Just curious and also very nervous at this point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'd just like to say there was a lot of hype leading up to this contest, and the contest has lived up to that hype. It's been a lot of fun so far. And I'm guessing the real fun is just getting ready to start. Even if my entries don't make the finals, I'm looking forward to reading the final entries and seeing how the votes progress. Great contest!

James may run away with it, but with the vote counts reset...and every new vote counting as an entry for the 3rd place prize package, I'm optimistic that enough people will vote for their actual favorite entry, and thereby level the playing field a bit.

Do we get an entry for the third place drawing for every vote we make, or do we get a single entry as long as we vote once?

• SPY VIP

Do we get an entry for the third place drawing for every vote we make, or do we get a single entry as long as we vote once?

Every vote is 1 entry. You can vote once per day.

Archived