TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

How many of the final 10 are non-members, or just joined prior to the contest?....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Good Question... I'd like to see those numbers too...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone vote for Jason B (JBones) because he has the best suggestion.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Who's entry is which? I know who rev's is, but who's are the others?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm Will P. My suggestion is basically what happened in the thread "Shots Going Left" where BK had his problem solved when an expert (Bruce) helped diagnose his swing. I would really like to see more of this type of discussion were we all can learn something new or get new ideas for improvement.

Brian P. here...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I just now got around to reading the Top 10 blog on the other side. I do not think I realized that the third place prize was going to someone not in the top 10 (necessarily). It is going to anyone who votes. I am glad I have been voting anyway.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

JBones needs to win because he has the best suggestion. Wouldn't we all like a head to head comparison of components vs. OEM clubs?

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I don't know if you've read all of the follow ups from MyGolfSpy Ice but they aren't necessarily going to implement the winning suggestion. In fact they will pirate any suggestion that they read that was good and doable. :)

They seemed to imply in the MGS talks back blog that they haven't been able to get component companies to bite in providing equipment to compare to OEM clubs.

I do agree that JBones has a very good suggestion and I'd love to see it implemented if only because it might once and for all resolve an ongoing discussion that I'm having with a friend.

I feel for Will D and Will P - I went in to vote for one of them and accidentally voted for Kevin L - oh wait that's me. B) Mine is a gratuitous and shameless appeal for votes so if you like that sort of thing guys - vote for me - you get an entry into the drawing regardless and I would truly appreciate your vote.

And seriously I do feel for the Wills - very easy to be in a hurry and make a mistake there - both are great guys and deserve votes.

Continued good luck - I wonder if we are ever going to have any sort of update on how the voting is going? :( :( :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

I feel for Will D and Will P - I went in to vote for one of them and accidentally voted for Kevin L - oh wait that's me. B) Mine is a gratuitous and shameless appeal for votes so if you like that sort of thing guys - vote for me - you get an entry into the drawing regardless and I would truly appreciate your vote.

I keep making the same screw up too, go in to vote for Kev and somehow my picture is next to the vote check box

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I don't know if you've read all of the follow ups from MyGolfSpy Ice but they aren't necessarily going to implement the winning suggestion. In fact they will pirate any suggestion that they read that was good and doable. :)

They seemed to imply in the MGS talks back blog that they haven't been able to get component companies to bite in providing equipment to compare to OEM clubs.

I do agree that JBones has a very good suggestion and I'd love to see it implemented if only because it might once and for all resolve an ongoing discussion that I'm having with a friend.

And seriously I do feel for the Wills - very easy to be in a hurry and make a mistake there - both are great guys and deserve votes.

Continued good luck - I wonder if we are ever going to have any sort of update on how the voting is going? :( :( :(

I can make it easy for you, just send me your facebook account login and password and it won't happen again. Plus, I can fill all that empty space on your facebook wall with "Vote for Will D." posts :).

:)

Love you guys too.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I will not say who but someone told me that they would send me a Taylormade Rocketballz 5 iron if I voted for them.:D

not really, i made it up.

I feel for Will D and Will P - I went in to vote for one of them and accidentally voted for Kevin L - oh wait that's me. B)

LOL.

As far as my "suggestion" goes.....I've been barking about that for a while. The problem is getting the smaller companies to send in the equipment to get tested.

If only they knew the potential benefit!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I kind of like the shoot out idea. Like the battle of the adjustable drivers last year. Might be fun to have RBZ vs TEE to see which really is longest. Or even have a shoot out between last years and this years version of the same model. Lots of interesting possibilities there.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

I think I just now understood 3rd prize... it will be selected from the people who vote- not just the top 10. Do I have that right?

Can I still dream of that Adams Super XTD Hybrid?

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

I think I just now understood 3rd prize... it will be selected from the people who vote- not just the top 10. Do I have that right?

Can I still dream of that Adams Super XTD Hybrid?

Correct.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Wondering how many votes it will take to win? I haven't recruited a single vote other than posting here so unless I come up with something big, I have no chance. What if I go to the mall with a laptop, and put up a sign that says $1 for Your Vote? If I get 500 takers do I have a chance to win 1st or 2nd??

Just wondering... I'm not likely to do this. My laptop just went bad anyway.

Wondering how many votes it will take to win? I haven't recruited a single vote other than posting here so unless I come up with something big, I have no chance. What if I go to the mall with a laptop, and put up a sign that says $1 for Your Vote? If I get 500 takers do I have a chance to win 1st or 2nd??

Just wondering... I'm not likely to do this. My laptop just went bad anyway.

You may not be likely to do this but I think some other are driving to the mall now. But have to stop at the atm first.:P

If I would have thought about it I would have done this originally. But we do not have a mall. At least one where there is 500 people going to it.

I have myself, my wife and my mother-in-law voting for me daily... I'm posting on Facebook every other day, but I'm not sure many of my friends are voting... Most are not golfers...

Hoping for some votes by other forum members...

Brian P...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I think it's going to be extremely hard to over take the first round leaders at this point. Their already established voter base, combined with any new votes should be the difference. But I have know doubt in my mind if you were able to go to the mall in pull in 500 votes you'll run away with this thing.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Without a doubt.

Come on guys ,really, nothing on my picture??? I laughed my butt off when I posted that.

You posted a picture?:P

Come on guys ,really, nothing on my picture??? I laughed my butt off when I posted that.

Check out wd's strategy! That is some smart marketing!

As for Napoleon... you and I are probably part of the few who actually liked that movie :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

My wife and I really love stupid comedies. Napoleon and Step Brothers are two of our favorites.

I never saw the movie but I did see the picture yesterday, and thought your alterations were brilliant. I actually hit the wrong button (view new content) rather than (add repy) and it did not post. And really did not notice it until later when you commented about the no comments.

Archived