TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I really love stupid comedies. Napoleon and Step Brothers are two of our favorites.

Same here dude!

"Can we turn out beds into bunk beds so we'll have more room to do activities together!?"

"'A fricken 12 gauge what do you think!!!"

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I think it's going to be extremely hard to over take the first round leaders at this point. Their already established voter base, combined with any new votes should be the difference. But I have know doubt in my mind if you were able to go to the mall in pull in 500 votes you'll run away with this thing.

Really? I'm thinking it's going to take closer to 1,000 than 500. The contest runs for 15 days so at 50 votes per day its 750. Remember we had a two week test run to figure out how this thing works before the finals - I'd think you'd need at least 750 to feel like you have a shot at 2nd place. I could be wrong but that's what I'm pushing for. I know how many likes MyGolfSpy has from my facebook friends as of yesterday but I also know that not all of those friends are voting every day or perhaps even more than once - lots of people don't read what you write or listen to what you tell them. I have 950 plus friends on facebook but haven't even scratched the surface of them as a base because many don't play golf or live in third world countries - remember I'm a pastor - I went to seminary with people from all over the world and I've served three parishes - I use facebook to keep up with everyone - but again very few of them even would care about or understand something like this. Tried to explain it to a Bible Study full of my senior citizens group today and only four of them have ever heard of facebook - I've just friended all four - hopefully they'll be able to figure out how to log on and vote with the instructions that I gave them. :)

I'm going to keep pushing - my goal is 1,000 - I have no clue how many votes I have or whether or not that number is obtainable but if I reach it and loose so be it at least I've run the race hard.

Like my brothers here I'd love to have any one of your votes - but each one of them is very deserving of your vote too - An opportunity like this one does not come along often in life.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

Really? I'm thinking it's going to take closer to 1,000 than 500. The contest runs for 15 days so at 50 votes per day its 750. Remember we had a two week test run to figure out how this thing works before the finals - I'd think you'd need at least 750 to feel like you have a shot at 2nd place. I could be wrong but that's what I'm pushing for. I know how many likes MyGolfSpy has from my facebook friends as of yesterday but I also know that not all of those friends are voting every day or perhaps even more than once - lots of people don't read what you write or listen to what you tell them. I have 950 plus friends on facebook but haven't even scratched the surface of them as a base because many don't play golf or live in third world countries - remember I'm a pastor - I went to seminary with people from all over the world and I've served three parishes - I use facebook to keep up with everyone - but again very few of them even would care about or understand something like this. Tried to explain it to a Bible Study full of my senior citizens group today and only four of them have ever heard of facebook - I've just friended all four - hopefully they'll be able to figure out how to log on and vote with the instructions that I gave them. :)

I'm going to keep pushing - my goal is 1,000 - I have no clue how many votes I have or whether or not that number is obtainable but if I reach it and loose so be it at least I've run the race hard.

Like my brothers here I'd love to have any one of your votes - but each one of them is very deserving of your vote too - An opportunity like this one does not come along often in life.

I'm starting to lean towards your numbers, they make a lot of sense. The membership base of MGS is much larger than pretty much anyones friends list and without most voting for themselves now it expands the final 9's chances tenfold. I have 450+ friends and I bet I pull in votes from maybe 20 of those tops. Our office even has a daily meeting reminder in Outlook titled "Vote for Dan" and that has 24 invited attendees, but only 9 accepted. And I think there my estimates are hopeful as I figure you may only pull in 60% of that on average with most people not paying attention on weekends. The winner of this will surely need to have swayed a massive portion of the MSG membership.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I think you guys are GROSSLY overestimating the numbers. I'm thinking 300+ runs away with this. Do you realize how hard it is to get that many people to vote on a daily basis? Come on, T, you've seen the numbers, back me up here. If its gonna take 500+, then I may as well stop bugging people now. Based on my calculations, I'm going to be much higher than where I was in the first round, but nowhere even near where you guys are talking.

• SPY VIP

Just a guess (a very educated one since I can actually see the numbers ;) ....

Thinking the eventual winner will have 600-650 votes.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

which begs the question, how many votes do you think are needed for 2nd? :D

+/- 75 less than the winner.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

So I'm not at all out of bounds by saying over 500 - I can do the math - I know how many likes I've gotten so far - not everyone is voting every day I'm sure of that but if I got just the likes on my facebook page to vote every day I would hit 1,000 plus.

My key is to get as many of them to vote as close to every day as possible -

As to the wow about the number of friends I have remember what I do for a living - my parish is fairly big, the last one I served prior to this one was very big and I served another one before that - churches tend to be close communities and I use facebook to keep in touch - particularly with my younger members. I think I'm starting to mobilize my Wisconsin Congregation this time around - if I were to get traction there it would be lights out but its tough - most of the people don't play golf and don't go on facebook daily - you guys all know the issues.

The bad news for me is that my entry is not as good (in my opinion) as some of the others and so I'm not as likely to grab votes from the My Golf Spy community - I need to hump it out with my facebook friends.

Think about this 50 votes a day for 14 days is 900 votes.

I've got lots more people voting for me in this round than I had in the first one - once I saw that I was going to get enough votes to make the finals I laid low because I knew that I would have to be obnoxious throughout this round to have even a chance - I'm guessing everyone else is getting way more votes too.

I'm being very obnoxious - Tonight was High School youth and I watched while four of them voted for me and was haranguing another dozen or so (I might get one or two of those to vote once or twice.) The good news about that group for all of us is that there are several golfers in the mix. I coached them on the Middle School team. They could become active members of this site - one of them is an outstanding player - being recruited by Florida type of golfer.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I stand by my guns... If you want an honest contestant without and bribes, no promise of free things, and an idea that could be beneficial for the forum, vote for me...

Hell, even if thats not what you want, vote for me... Brian P.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Just a guess (a very educated one since I can actually see the numbers ;) ....

Thinking the eventual winner will have 600-650 votes.

Which ones need to get more friends?

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

How many new member have signed up since the contest started? I see we are well over 13k now.

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that I can find out myself. We have had like 127 new members since August 1st. I have no idea how many actually join in a month normally but more than 4 per day seems like a lot. Not many of them have posted. Maybe we just need more topics and to be less restrictive.:P

I'm suprised none of you caught this but in my post I wrote - I can do math and then 14 time 40 equals 900. :blink: :blink: :blink: :D

It's 700 - this could easily be why I was thinking 1,000 because from the start I've thought 50 a day wins the prize. I was correct on the micro wrong on the macro - good thing I have a business manager. B)

JBones don't be so down - over 300 people entered the contest - once they were out many of them might well have continued to vote and if they did you have a strong entry - T didn't say the second place guy was light years ahead of the others he wrote that second place is running at a pace that equates to 75 behind first place. That would mean that first place is only ahead of second place by about 35 or 40 votes right now - that's not an insurmountable lead by any stretch - there could be three other entries invovled in the race for second which makes them involved in the race for 1st.

I didn't bring my laptop to church - I stopped short of that - I haven't announced the contest in a service or allowed it to be placed on the church's website - honestly I'm quezzy about the amount of self promotion that I've done so far. But it's 5K worth of equipment and accesories and 3K for the second place finisher - for me that's a month's pay check and I live in a household with a disabled child who takes up most of if not all of my disposable income - my irons are 10 year's old, my putter is 5 years old and I bought it when it was yesterday's news, my hybrids are 6 years old - I can't afford to go out and buy new equipment although I beg borrow and steal to keep my current equipment up to speed as best as possible - The only piece of equipment I change out regularly is the driver but even that's 2 or 3 years old with a reshaft in it. (Depending on which driver I'm using.)

This is like when I used to work in sales - lot of work, lot of uncertainty as to whether it will pay off. Again though I'm hoping it will pay off for MyGolfSpy because that would be a win regardless.

Good luck everyone - I want to win this thing but if I don't I will be very happy for whoever does.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Seriously no one wants to see this happen? Yeti look gewd in his Sub70 attire. If selected winner, I will do everything in my power to make this a reality.

yeti70flat.jpg

Now that is a cool picture. I never would have picked the Yeti to use those grips on his driver, but to each his own. Thought he would go for the firmer feel.:P

• SPY VIP

Now that is a cool picture. I never would have picked the Yeti to use those grips on his driver, but to each his own. Thought he would go for the firmer feel.:P

Years of freezing cold temperatures have weathered and cracked poor Yeti's palms. He likes a gentle touch when playing in the heat.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Funny pic.

Have you guys seen the update on the blog? I'm making a hard push, don't know if I'm even anywhere close to contention, but I'm making the push like I am. Again, after this is all over, no matter if I finish first or last, I'll divulge my vote getting strategy. The one that probably would have got me a TON of votes, I scrapped, because I couldn't find the "proper" candidates.

If someone tells me how here I'll post a pic of the Van - can't tough the Yeti but it's just as fun - I didn't do it - two of our third parents did it while I was working. Of course I haven't cleaned it off either. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Here it is - hope you all like it!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived