TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Ok, after asking my asst. what a yeti was, and getting a blank stare and then she replied that it "might be a type of cat," I had her google it..I can't believe that I didn't see any of the pics on the prior pages of the yeti..lol..After being told what the hell a yeti is, and exposing my gullibility to an employee, I agree with JB, Dan's campaign is built on lies, myths and the strong possibility that because noone listened to Al Gore, the poor bastard is extinct, so his whole campaign is built on a fraudulent reccomendation...

It might take me longer, though I eventually figure it out...

Dude, the fact that I asked a client(he was more clueless than me, though that's why I'm there in the first place) and an employee and actually spent time on this, well, if I wasn't voting for WD, you'd get my vote...

Thanx for not tellin me about the yeti, I love findin stuff out on my own...

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

THIS; is perhaps the greatest thing ever written on the internet

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

This contest is the best thing ever on the internet just because of the fun it's generating - come on with that picture Dan -

I want to go on record as saying that I was the first to like the Yeti. Were I to win I'd give him one of my outfits - I think he'd be a great scramble partner - long off the tee and intimidating.

You didn't really do that JP?

Maybe I was wrong in my assessment of you or perhaps it says something about the rest of us that I consider you the team dad. :D :P ;) <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:">

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

And the final social media blitz has begun!

yeticampaignvotefor.jpg

This is awesome.What is your plan for health care? Yeti care. I wish I could say something about ObamaCare, but I think Yeticare is more ______________.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

#1, yea, I really did that, though I hadn't been on this thread & I hadn't seen those stupid *ss pictures(though the yeti in Sub Zero is kinda cool)...

#2, I'm only 52yo, and I have no desire to be anyone's dad...I'm lucky to take of myself...

#3, my name is Richard, though I used my initials as my username...RK, for months, you have referred to me as JP..Sometimes RP & sometimes JP...Now I understand if ya wanna call me *sshole or ya wanna call me a pr*ck..And seriously, I'm cool with it..However, if you're gonna refer to me by my given name, please spell it correctly..It's two letters...RP...

No need to apologize or make a big deal..I just figured that 3 months is long enough for someone to learn how to spell my name..Thanx...

Alright Guys, it's been a long day, I'm tired and I gotta early tee time...

I'm out.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

Yeah that's right DEVBEV I agree with DP on the spelling of names. Just imagine if the world misspelt Obama every time they wrote about him or Nixon for that matter.

Anyone tried the new SaylorPade Gulf Clubs I hear they are better than Wallaway especially with ABS shafts?

I am going to vote now. Lets see will it be PD Wolf or GulfSpry B, No Wait RoverRick (stayed away from that one).

XY

P.S. LMFAO RP

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Sometimes I amaze myself RP - I know a JP throw in your last name and that's where it would come from. But it is two letters and I'm a slow, slow learner :rolleyes:

There is no doubt that anyone of us can be guilty of a bit of silliness and stupidity from time to time (I like to think of it as absentmindedness)- some of us more some of less - I fall into the more category.

I'll do better. Promise! :) (I had try to do better but saw you're signature and avoided the use of that word)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It is the hardest thing about any sort of post - that's why as soon as something rachets on email at work the rule is - no email go face to face. It's also why I'll PM if I think I've gone too far or done something stupid - well I often do something stupid but going too far - that I never mean to do.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It is the hardest thing about any sort of post - that's why as soon as something rachets on email at work the rule is - no email go face to face. It's also why I'll PM if I think I've gone too far or done something stupid - well I often do something stupid but going too far - that I never mean to do.

I totally understand. I hate it when people my initials backwards ЯЯ is much different than RR.

Dude, in all seriousness, how'd ya reverse the RR?..

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

The Я is the letter ya as in yard. I have it on my phone for typing in Bulgarian. So ЯЯ is actually pronounced yaya.

• SPY VIP

I went to vote, & it said "Page could not be found"....I take it that the contest has ended?.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Negative, contest is still on and I am still there on that page. So you make sure you go place your vote for Dan M. In case that wasn't clear DAN M. And just in case your eyes are really off today that's DAN M

THIS GUY:

yeticampaignvotefor.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Would a Yeti caddy for you? Who's to say Yetis SHOULD have rights? Next other extinct/non-existent species will be wanting rights, and after that they'll be after YOUR job. Then you'll be caddying for them and probably also be their dinner!

Vote for Will D.!

https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/app_192229990808929

I got to tell you it's priceless to be invovled with a community where someone has Romanian on their phone.

Oh my...... In the meantime I just got home from church - what in the world is going on with Louie!!!!!~

Wow - he keeps this up and he can buy all of us new equipment.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I got to tell you it's priceless to be invovled with a community where someone has Romanian on their phone.

Oh my...... In the meantime I just got home from church - what in the world is going on with Louie!!!!!~

Wow - he keeps this up and he can buy all of us new equipment.

Actually, the Cyrillic Alphabet is not used by Romania. Romanian is a romance language and descended from Latin. The following countries use theCyrillic alphabet; Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, and Ukraine. So as far as I know it is the same alphabet that we use so most English speakers have the "Romanian" alphabet on their phones. :D

Actually, it is a setting on the iPhone. My wife has Japanese on hers because she speaks Japanese also, sevenlanguages in all. I just barely speak 4.

I speak two but I can read three dead languages - how's that for useful! :angry:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Everyone will be happy to know that I'm only stumping for votes in one language although I know of at least three people who are voting for me whose primary language is not English.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hey Jbones I'd echo Richard - if it weren't for my entry you'd have my vote, too. Actually Dan would but was hoping to make you feel better. Well maybe I'd vote for one of the Wills - ---

I don't know I'm glad I don't have to worry about it. :D :D :D

We're in the home stretch now for sure - I'm getting anxious to see the results of this but I really have the voting machine churning too so I don't know if it's better for me for this to end now or to continue four more days.

Good luck to everyone.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Workin the streets today!

oldladyhelp.jpg

LMAO. Great picture.

That's not a Yeti! It's A Bumble!

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

That's not a Yeti! It's A Bumble!

My wife caught that one as well. But Bumbles are Yeti - I had my administrative assistant look it up. ;)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

I can't wait till this contest is over...There's so much salt in my wounds that I'll never have to add it to my food again!...lol...

Fairways & Greens 4ever.......

Well since it's not over that gives you a chance to head on over and click that little vote button next to that handsome Dan guy's picture.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Hey I've got a tee time at 1:48 - just heading to the course and one of my friends made a great suggestion for grabbin those last few votes. This guy is a university profesor so he should be listened to.

In the spirit of fair play I thought I'd share it with my competitors so that they might go first and gain an edge!

Here it is - go online, subscribe to robo call, enter your friends phone numbers, record a message that gives detailed instructions on to vote. Be sure to have it start calling at 9 this evening so that all of your friends will be home and - this is very important, make sure to set it to recall in the case of a hang up.

Good luck - you can thank me later.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hey I've got a tee time at 1:48 - just heading to the course and one of my friends made a great suggestion for grabbin those last few votes. This guy is a university profesor so he should be listened to.

In the spirit of fair play I thought I'd share it with my competitors so that they might go first and gain an edge!

Here it is - go online, subscribe to robo call, enter your friends phone numbers, record a message that gives detailed instructions on to vote. Be sure to have it start calling at 9 this evening so that all of your friends will be home and - this is very important, make sure to set it to recall in the case of a hang up.

Good luck - you can thank me later.

LOL, it's bad enough to annoy people via facebook. Is the next step going door to door in your neighborhood espousing the good word of "Vote for Will D."? :)

You don't have everyone in your neighborhood voting for you already? All of my neighbors with FB have been voting for me daily.

That is awesome. If I were in the finals I'd be getting killed. No way I'd be getting all the neighbors. I've got 2-3 friends voting now. Not a ton, but it's something.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

That is awesome. If I were in the finals I'd be getting killed. No way I'd be getting all the neighbors. I've got 2-3 friends voting now. Not a ton, but it's something.

I don't know how much it's helped, but I went to a few HUGE parties over the weekend, took my laptop, and had people voting for me. One of my friends was going to the horse races yesterday and said that he was going to take his laptop and a sign to try to get people to vote for me; I haven't talked to him, so I don't know if he actually did it. Just a couple days left, we'll find out if I've done enough.

Archived