TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative, contest is still on and I am still there on that page. So you make sure you go place your vote for Dan M. In case that wasn't clear DAN M. And just in case your eyes are really off today that's DAN M

THIS GUY:

yeticampaignvotefor.jpg

I have heard that the PETA people and GreenPeace are gathering together to boycotting and to demonstrate against the Dan M campaign. It seems as though in all of the history and legends of the yeti, there has only been one that claims to have actually physically abused (Hulk Hogan leg drop?) and then attempted to enslave a yeti (forced to clean gutters). Now that person is claiming to be for Yeti rights however he is the only documented case of the alleged abuse.

Paid for by the vote for Kevin L campaign.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

When exactly is the contest going to end? Is it running through the 6th or ending promptly on the 6th?

Ends at the boundary between very late night Thursday and very early morning Friday.

midnight.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

So we'll have results sometime Friday morning?

By the way JBones mine are asking the same question - they're using words like tedious - not a good sign - I'll be lucky if I can get another day out of them.

I suspect that 10 of us are likely to have a sleepless Thursday night. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Apparently, Dan has gone into hiding from the PETA people after his admitted abuse of the Yeti.:P

• SPY VIP

So we'll have results sometime Friday morning?

By the way JBones mine are asking the same question - they're using words like tedious - not a good sign - I'll be lucky if I can get another day out of them.

I suspect that 10 of us are likely to have a sleepless Thursday night. :(

I'll have the results Friday. We probably won't announce the winners until Monday.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I'll have the results Friday. We probably won't announce the winners until Monday.

You dog - it's your contest though - I'm with you all the way T regardless. Would the winners be notified ahead of time just to make sure they accept. :) (Hey I've got to try.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Using sneaky computer tricks, I've gotten the vote counts for the major players*. It seems that it's just a two horse race now between myself and James K.

James K: 547 votes

Will D: 501 votes

Kevin L.: 347 votes

Jason B.: 120 votes

As you can see, I need all of MGS to pool together (including the revkev and JBones crowds) and vote for Will D. Win a RBZ fairway!

https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/app_192229990808929

*disclaimer: I totally made these numbers up, but I didn't make up the RBZ giveaway, which only happens if I get first or second place. You know you want it. All rights reserved, copyright 2012 Willish Corp. This message may not be replicated or paraphrased in whole or in part without the express written permission of Willish Corp, especially if said copying points out I made up the numbers above.

MGS, you should post a leaderboard with one day to go to add to the craziness tomorrow!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

great idea!...

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

JBones would get himself fired from his job cause he'd be causing commotion getting everyone there to vote for him.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Well, if he pulls it off, at least he'll have some nice new toys to ease the pain of unemployment..lol..

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

But then he'd have to sell them cause he couldn't afford food or a car or a house... or golf...

But he'd still have a shipping expense to ship me by Bstones :)

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Dan is on vacation and rarely checking the internet betweens his many rounds of golf! Back Sunday :)

I was playing the men's scramble this evening and we had just gotten finished when I happened to glance over and saw the hugger in one of the guys hands.

photo.JPG

That reminded me that I had a friend that has a Yeti Cooler.

yeti coolers.jpg

After further investigation I found that Yeti's have thier own mountain bikes.

yeti bikes.jpg

And even have their own airplanes and an airline.

pokhara.jpg

This just goes to prove that Dan's Campaign while paying lip service to the plight of the down trodden Yeti, while infact is probably being supported by a Yeti slush fund.

This ad paid for by the vote for WD campaign. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of these statements, we assume no responsibility of error, omittions, or damages therein caused.

Love it - you guys are killing me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Love it - you guys are killing me.

Did you notice the fine print on post 198? WD was not told ahead of time either. I am just causing trouble.

Did you notice the fine print on post 198? WD was not told ahead of time either. I am just causing trouble.

OMG

The funniest thing about this is as much as I like everyone on here I would be voting for Dan were I not in the contest - I guess I've become a post modern person - I like a bit of a story before getting to the point. It's great that this story has taken on a life of its own.

In fact I think that MyGolfSpy should formally adopt the Yeti as our team mascot.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

OMG

The funniest thing about this is as much as I like everyone on here I would be voting for Dan were I not in the contest - I guess I've become a post modern person - I like a bit of a story before getting to the point. It's great that this story has taken on a life of its own.

In fact I think that MyGolfSpy should formally adopt the Yeti as our team mascot.

Well, everybody might be voting for him anyway. However, it is not just you, there is WD and JBones and Will Par also that get some friendship votes. Dan has really take this Yeti thing to a new level with the campaign. He has taken a minor funny story and made it hilarious with brilliant photoshop work and campaign slogans. Is it worthy of being the winner? Not according to JBones, but I guess we will find out when ever T decides he can work it into his schedule.

This post was sponsored by the vote for Jason B campaign.

Did everyone catch that MyGolfSpy published a Mizuno review on the blog today?

Funny guys, very funny. :angry:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Is it worthy of being the winner? Not according to JBones, but I guess we will find out when ever T decides he can work it into his schedule.

This post was sponsored by the vote for Jason B campaign.

I didn't say it wasn't worthy, just that it was a campaign built on lies.

Thanks for the endorsement though.

I'm excited to find out the results. Everyone could be lying to me, but if they aren't, I should have got a TON of votes over the 2nd half of this contest. I don't think I'm giving anything away at this point, since it ends tonight, but my strategy was to not push at all and hopefully make it into the finals and then hit FB with a full on blitz for the finals. Did it pay off? We'll find out soon.

Good luck to JBones and all the other contestants.

I'm a mess Danny

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

Did everyone catch that MyGolfSpy published a Mizuno review on the blog today?

Funny guys, very funny. :angry:

Ha! - The timing on that was actually completely accidental. As was the posting of the JPX-800 HD pics in the forum. Honestly, it never occurred to me.

Still...what an amazing happy little accident that we've got a fair amount of Mizuno coverage in the days leading up to our announcement that two guys have won, among other things, a set of Mizuno irons.

Seriously...Mizuno irons would be an enticing prize all on their own (I would know...I won a set here myself a solid year before I approached X with a new idea for how to review golf clubs).

Toss in TaylorMade drivers (in my bag), TaylorMade Fairways (in my bag when I carry one), Adams Hybrids (in my bag), a Bettinardi putter (I own two), Bridgestone Balls (donated mine to the ponds and woods surrounding the golf course), TRUE linkswear shoes (I own 3 pair), SCOR Wedges (In the bag of THREE MGS Testers), Sub70 (on my ass...not right the second, but you know what I mean), a damn sweet golf bag (Tim has the only one in existence right now), and a Bushnell GPS, and man...it's overkill. The irons would have been plenty.

But seriously...the timing was an awesome accident.

Thanks T, just throw it in our faces a little more; why don't you just kick us in the nuts a little harder and tell us you aren't announcing the winners until the middle of next week.

I don't care if I finish dead last, this has been fun as hell.

Can you at least tell us how many new subscribers and 'Likes' you've received? I noticed that the 'Likes' have went up about 300 over the past week.

Archived