TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Thanks T, just throw it in our faces a little more; why don't you just kick us in the nuts a little harder and tell us you aren't announcing the winners until the middle of next week.

OFFICIAL CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

At the request of JBones, winners of the MyGolfSpy Tour Staff Contest will not be announced until the middle of next week. And by middle, I mean Thursday...at the earliest.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks T, just throw it in our faces a little more; why don't you just kick us in the nuts a little harder and tell us you aren't announcing the winners until the middle of next week.

I don't care if I finish dead last, this has been fun as hell.

Can you at least tell us how many new subscribers and 'Likes' you've received? I noticed that the 'Likes' have went up about 300 over the past week.

Don't give him ideas!

Edit: Damn, too late!

Ha! - The timing on that was actually completely accidental. As was the posting of the JPX-800 HD pics in the forum. Honestly, it never occurred to me.

Still...what an amazing happy little accident that we've got a fair amount of Mizuno coverage in the days leading up to our announcement that two guys have won, among other things, a set of Mizuno irons.

Seriously...Mizuno irons would be an enticing prize all on their own (I would know...I won a set here myself a solid year before I approached X with a new idea for how to review golf clubs).

Toss in TaylorMade drivers (in my bag), TaylorMade Fairways (in my bag when I carry one), Adams Hybrids (in my bag), a Bettinardi putter (I own two), Bridgestone Balls (donated mine to the ponds and woods surrounding the golf course), TRUE linkswear shoes (I own 3 pair), SCOR Wedges (In the bag of THREE MGS Testers), Sub70 (on my ass...not right the second, but you know what I mean), a damn sweet golf bag (Tim has the only one in existence right now), and a Bushnell GPS, and man...it's overkill. The irons would have been plenty.

But seriously...the timing was an awesome accident.

Yes, I know, I have cried myself to sleep every night for the past two weeks.:angry:

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

Can you at least tell us how many new subscribers and 'Likes' you've received? I noticed that the 'Likes' have went up about 300 over the past week.

Fair enough. We've picked up over 3,000 (3K) new Likes because of this contest. It's been a huge win for us on the Social Media front, and greatly outweighs the impact of the negativity we experienced out of the gate.

Just to give you guys something to chew on for the next few days. As of my latest peek-a-boo (technical term) at the standings. The guy in 10th place has just a hair more than 2.25% of the votes of the guy in 1st place.

Thanks again to all of you who have participated in, and supported this contest. We've learned a lot, and what you guys have done here has given me the idea for the next BIG giveaway.

I know EXACTLY what the next contest will be. I haven't talked to anyone about prizes yet, but depending on how X receives my latest idea, we're looking at either December or February (likely the latter). It won't have a Facebook requirement, we're going to restrict field, narrow that field down to 10 or so, and then we're going to play a little game. It should be fun...assuming I can pull it off.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Fair enough. We've picked up over 3,000 (3K) new Likes because of this contest. It's been a huge win for us on the Social Media front, and greatly outweighs the impact of the negativity we experienced out of the gate.

Just to give you guys something to chew on for the next few days. As of my latest peek-a-boo (technical term) at the standings. The guy in 10th place has just a hair more than 2.25% of the votes of the guy in 1st place.

Thats awesome and actually more than I expected. How many people were in the first round?

And going off the 2nd part..............Yay, I'm not in last.

Just for that... I would have voted for T as a candidate! :lol:

Can't wait to see the results... next Thursday... thanks JBones!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks again to all of you who have participated in, and supported this contest. We've learned a lot, and what you guys have done here has given me the idea for the next BIG giveaway.

I know EXACTLY what the next contest will be. I haven't talked to anyone about prizes yet, but depending on how X receives my latest idea, we're looking at either December or February (likely the latter). It won't have a Facebook requirement, we're going to restrict field, narrow that field down to 10 or so, and then we're going to play a little game. It should be fun...assuming I can pull it off.

First off this contest has been really fun, you guys have done a fantastic job.

Second: I'm guessing the guy in last place voted for himself once per day. It's been 13 days (I think) since the second part of the contest started. round(13 / 0.0225) = 578 votes for the person in first?

First off this contest has been really fun, you guys have done a fantastic job.

Second: I'm guessing the guy in last place voted for himself once per day. It's been 13 days (I think) since the second part of the contest started. round(13 / 0.0225) = 578 votes for the person in first?

Jeez! I bet the guy in first has at least that many.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

The contest is awesome T - You're dead on that the Mizuno Irons in and of themselves are an incredible prize. So just send them to me now and we'll call it even. :rolleyes:

Seriously thanks for a month of a roller coaster ride - Could we have an ETA - Estimated Time of Announcement so that we know when to get ramped up and be looking at the sight? Aside from JBones who lost his job over this thing - the rest of us do work.

Thanks

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

The contest is awesome T - You're dead on that the Mizuno Irons in and of themselves are an incredible prize. So just send them to me now and we'll call it even. :rolleyes:

Seriously thanks for a month of a roller coaster ride - Could we have an ETA - Estimated Time of Announcement so that we know when to get ramped up and be looking at the sight? Aside from JBones who lost his job over this thing - the rest of us do work.

Thanks

We'll likely post the Forum Member of the Month tomorrow and then announce the contest winners on Monday. While it will be pretty obvious to me who the 1st and 2nd place winners are, it's going to take a little bit of time to sort through the voters and validate the random winner against the newsletter database.

I'm thinking by 11:00AM Eastern Time Monday we'll have the announcement ready to go.

T

Thanks T -

I also appreciate your providing the rationale behind waiting until Monday. The pain of waiting is made far easier when there's a good reason behind it. Knowing the day and time is helpful because I have a flexible schedule - thursday I'm online a lot as you can tell - Monday not always so much unless I have a reason to be - you can bet I'll clear the old Monday morning schedule so that I won't miss the announcemnt.

Also I'm guessing that the 10th place finisher didn't have many more votes than the ones made by himself for himself - 14 votes is just about 2.25 percent of 600 which was your rough estimate for the winning vote total.

How's that for math - trying to redeem myself for the 14 x 50 = 900 remark.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We'll likely post the Forum Member of the Month tomorrow and then announce the contest winners on Monday. While it will be pretty obvious to me who the 1st and 2nd place winners are, it's going to take a little bit of time to sort through the voters and validate the random winner against the newsletter database.

I'm thinking by 11:00AM Eastern Time Monday we'll have the announcement ready to go.

T

I think you should forget the random winner and give the driver to a forum member, the FW to a different one, same with the hybo, wedge, balls......

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

I just made my last vote. How ramdom is the third place selection going to be?:P After some of the shinanigans that have been pulled for the first two prizes surely we can lobby for the third place prize.:lol:

Hell, I will offer up a pair of sub zero pants if you pick me! :rolleyes:

Is the contest over? I have had several people tell me they tried to vote and it says the contest has ended? I thought it was midnight eastern time tonight.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Is the contest over? I have had several people tell me they tried to vote and it says the contest has ended? I thought it was midnight eastern time tonight.

I hope not, cause I still gonna throw JBones my last vote tonight when my 24 hours ends at 10!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

I'll offer up a pair of Masters practice round tickets for Tuesday for the 3rd place prize pack. Lol

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

I hope not, cause I still gonna throw JBones my last vote tonight when my 24 hours ends at 10!

Sorry guys...stupid Time Zone bug bit me in the backside again. I've fixed it and voting should be good for another 3.5 hours (until midnight GolfSpy T time).

It's going to take a mad run these last few hours, but there's a chance we could see a flip-flop in positon.

Which position 2/3 or 1/2 or are you playing with us and it's 5/6? :D

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

Which position 2/3 or 1/2 or are you playing with us and it's 5/6? :D

yes

yes

Precisely what I was thinking...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

yes

:rolleyes:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

This is going to be one long weekend - I just voted for the last time - I've poured a scotch - cheers to everyone on a great job.

I hope that one whoever the staff feels did the best job, didn't win a prize in this contest and is very active will be strongly considered for forum member of the month.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's a great group..The very best to ya all...WD, we gave it a shot...Ya never quit swingin...Who knows...

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

No it is a good group, if JMiller and you and I were in it. then it would be a great group. I do not like sitting on the sidelines.

As an aside, there is a book over on the book thread you may be interested in.

Archived