Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it is a good group, if JMiller and you and I were in it. then it would be a great group. I do not like sitting on the sidelines.

As an aside, there is a book over on the book thread you may be interested in.

I hope and pray that all three of you are all in the next contest. It will be fun to watch while others go at it - that is if I win one of the two top prizes here - if I don't I'm all in on the next one whatever it might be.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

And it's over. While it was a blast, it was exhausting; countless hours spent on FB over the last month.

Myself and four friends all sat on FB and hit up every single person from our friends list that popped online, by our counts, we got between 40-50 votes over the last hour alone.

If T was telling the truth and there was a push to be made, I made it, but was it enough????

Good luck JBones - which truth was T telling by the way? Did you catch the post where I asked if he was talking about between 5/6 and he said, Yes?

At any rate I have a fundraising suggesting for MyGolfSpy if T checks back in. How about a weekend contest where we each chip in 5 or 10 bucks to guess the winning vote total - closest to it wins some sort of prize that you guys have lying around the office.

What do you think?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Win or Lose, it would be awesome if they announced the 1st and 2nd place finishers today. I've stressed over this contest for a month. Would love to enjoy my weekend and get back to some normalcy in my life. Thx for putting on the contest, it definitely increased traffic to the site!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

And after thinking about it during the length of the contest, I have another suggestion that would increase traffic as well. Might not be useful but u never know. Gonna send T a message.

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I couldn't get my vote in last night, the system was being screwy! So JBones if you lose by one vote the two of us will personally go to all of the GolfSpys' houses and take all of their clubs.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• SPY VIP

I have check the results of the vote.

I have randomly selected a winner for the 3rd place prize (and validated that individual against our subscriber list).

There's nothing left to be decided... well...the winners will have to decide on their prizes, but other than that...this thing is done.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have check the results of the vote.

I have randomly selected a winner for the 3rd place prize (and validated that individual against our subscriber list).

There's nothing left to be decided... well...the winners will have to decide on their prizes, but other than that...this thing is done.

So is today a possibility? Me and JBones are playing in the same tourney this weekend, it would be good for our mental focus to know before we tee off tomorrow. Lol

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

It would be nice to know today T if those things are the case.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just noticed that someone put "cute for Jason B" on the MGS FB page and it was a picture of three chicks in bikinis. If that didn't get me some votes, I don't know what would have. I'm assuming that it was supposed to say "vote for Jason B", but hey if hot chicks in bikinis wanna be "cute" for me, I'm not going to hold them back.........I'll be too busy holding back my wife.

I think T is just messing with us again.

The dudes on the other ends of contests love to do that cause they know how much we want to know the results.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

• SPY VIP

Fine. Fair...and since I wouldn't want to be left hanging, here are the winners:

Grand Prize: Matt (James) R. - 1079 Votes

2nd Place: Kevin (RevKev) L. - 715 Votes

3rd: Place: Eric K. (Tyk) - Random Draw

JBones (644 votes) made a late run, and I thought for a moment he might actually catch Kevin. Sorry...didn't happen.

ManBearPig - I was pulling for the Yeti, but 183 votes was only good enough for 5th

wdgolf - I love that you tried to corrupt the process, but 116 votes wasn't going to get it done. I guess next time you might want to offer up the irons.

WillPar - Mad respect for trying to keep things 100% above board. Your 24 votes, probably tells us more about society than we'd like it to.

Once again thanks to all who participated, and to our awesome sponsors. I'll still be posting something on the main site Monday, but at least some of you can sleep happy...while others will probably be disappointed.

I promise you this isn't the last contest we'll do.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Boooooo. Congrats guys. At least I'll be able to see the prizes in Matts bag.

Thank you MGS for putting on this contest (and for consuming all my time for an entire month), I hope it pays off for you. Look forward to participating in future contests you guys have.

Was I one of the top three at the halfway point? Thats when I really started getting aggressive; guess I should have started at the beginning of the finals.

Boooooo. Congrats guys. At least I'll be able to see the prizes in Matts bag.

Thank you MGS for putting on this contest (and for consuming all my time for an entire month), I hope it pays off for you. Look forward to participating in future contests you guys have.

Was I one of the top three at the halfway point? Thats when I really started getting aggressive; guess I should have started at the beginning of the finals.

It's alright dude, you put up a good fight!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Fine. Fair...and since I wouldn't want to be left hanging, here are the winners:

Grand Prize: Matt (James) R. - 1079 Votes

2nd Place: Kevin (RevKev) L. - 715 Votes

3rd: Place: Eric K. (Tyk) - Random Draw

JBones (644 votes) made a late run, and I thought for a moment he might actually catch Kevin. Sorry...didn't happen.

ManBearPig - I was pulling for the Yeti, but 183 votes was only good enough for 5th

wdgolf - I love that you tried to corrupt the process, but 116 votes wasn't going to get it done. I guess next time you might want to offer up the irons.

WillPar - Mad respect for trying to keep things 100% above board. Your 24 votes, probably tells us more about society than we'd like it to.

Once again thanks to all who participated, and to our awesome sponsors. I'll still be posting something on the main site Monday, but at least some of you can sleep happy...while others will probably be disappointed.

I promise you this isn't the last contest we'll do.

Well, I can claim one victory at least. Tyk was voting for me, so obviously if you want to win the random prize in future contests like this, you better vote for me :).

Congrats to the winners. Those are seriously awesome prizes. Keep us updated with what you get and pictures.

I'll do everything I can to corrupt future contests T, hopefully more effectively next time :D.

To put things in perspective over 14 days:

James: 77.0714 voters per day

Kevin: 51.0714 voters per day

Jason: 46 voters per day

Dan: 13.0714 voters per day

Will: 8.2857 voters per day

Will P: 1.7143 voters per day

Thank You for putting on the Contest! You now have another loyal member and I will donate to the site as my funds allow. I'm thinking about running for mayor now, I was a politicking fool! Had my friends getting their friends and family involved! Congrats RevKev and Tyk as well, hate it for JBones though. I was pulling for a tristate sweep!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I was pulling for a tristate sweep!

Me too. Too little too late. I didn't start my aggressive campaign until the halfway point of the finals; don't know why I waited so late. I was trying not to lose any friends over it, because I had a few that were getting really pissed that I kept bugging them.

You mean I've been running around town all afternoon, lying to my friends including a woman who was going into surgery, because T told me not to tell anyone and it's been up here for several hours?

Now I have to go to confession - too funny. :(

At any rate I've got to tip my hat to Matt - remember that just before mid way I said my goal was 1,000 - that still wouldn't have gotten it done for me. Awesome job man - awesome job. When I got word that I had finished 2nd earlier I was at the hospital and my first thought was, well I can't write it !$%@! but out of joy of course. My second thought was, "How am I going to face Patty, she's going to ask and I have to lie to her and what is more I have to pretend like I'm not through the roof excited." My third thought was, "Poor Jason and poor Matt. Jason busted his hump and gets nothing and Matt is playing with him tomorrow, knowing he won and that Jason didn't place and he has to not say anything about it."

Great job everyone - I didn't really sleep at all last night in anticipation because I was betting that T was pulling our legs about the Monday thing. Jason had me shaking in my boots with those last posts but I also know that I had some last hour voting going on too.

MyGolfSpy rocks - this is like a tour event where 2nd place feels like the greatest win ever. I could never in my wildest dreams have afforded what I'm getting here - I'm replacing Nicklaus irons that are 10 years old with Mizunos - wow! All of my golf outfits are second hand from a member who outgrew them (nice stuff but hand me downs.) I have one pair of shoes and even though I love my driver it's yesterday's news and on and on it goes.

Okay - I'm going to tell my facebook world and then I'm crashing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. My FB friends were pretty pathetic on this one and it's sad, because I have 211 friends and they are all real friends or family, not just people I know; I actually hang out with all these people on a regular basis and I got maybe 10-15 of them that voted for me every single day of the contest. If it wasn't for my other genius ways of getting votes, I wouldn't even have made the top 5; it was so bad that I've got more "thank God we won't be seeing anymore damn vote requests" messages, than actual votes from them. I've decided not to divulge my methods, in case of any future FB contests (although there probably won't be any after all the bitching and moaning). Again, thank you MGS for this contest, I had a blast.

Oh and Matt and I aren't actually playing together tomorrow, just playing in the same tournament. He's going to have to shoot a 67 to be in a group with me Sunday. ;)

I was wondering if you weren't over estimating how those friends would vote JBones - Just so you know facebook only shows what you post to a limited number of your friends at a time - in order to have many of them see what you've posted you need to like what they post and comment on it so that your stuff appears on their page - I didn't want to write that earlier as you were commenting.

Remember I have 980 facebook friends - I PM'd the key ones - the ones whom I thought would vote for me daily or close to it early in the contest - by the end of the thing I had 65 to 70 a day which would have gotten me close to my goal of 1,000. I knew I could hit 700 - when T made the comment I knew I was on pace for 600 or so and that I could pick it up.

It's tough though and very wearing on your friends -

Regardless I think I kept my requests humorous enough that they enjoyed themselves.

Thanks again and congrats to Tyk - I forgot that earlier - never got any sleep and now I have to go meet a family at a viewing - oh boy.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Oh, I'm well aware of how FB works, I did get 644 votes. Without divulging too much information, I KNOW for a fact that over the 2nd half of the finals (the last week if you will) that over 500 family, friends, and friends of friends were actually getting the message at least three times a day. Thats why I'm disappointed with my friends. I only had 38 people from my friends list that 'Liked' MGS and most of those were one time votes and the majority of those came last night when I went balls to the wall. If it wasn't for my other methods, I wouldn't have even been in contention. T would have to back me up on this, but I would say I really wasn't in the running when the update came out at the halfway point; if I would have got as many votes over the first week as I think I did the second week, I might have been competing with Matt. Unfortunately my stroke of genius didn't happen until that halfway point.

Awesome contest... I had a feeling that my friends on Facebook wouldn't contribute much, but thats ok... It happened that the contest fell on one of the busiest months of the year for me, (I'm a teacher and it's back to school time) but I really don't care...

I've won quite a bit from other contests on this site, and I'm glad to see other people win... Just because I was in the top 10 (and even if I wasn't, really) I plan on donating to the site again soon... As soon as some $$$ hits my paypal account.

Congrats to all the winners, finalists, and MGS for a great contest, membership increased, a group of core posters really had a fun time, and I'm sure the sponsors appreciate the attention...

I had fun... Thank You...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

HOLY SH!T!!! I WON!!! Not bad for a guy that can't read the rules eh?! Thanks MGS! I can't believe it!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived