Tour Staff Contest Update

Tony Covey MGS

A long story about catching a yeti followed by an all caps rant about not winning any contests. I don't know about you but I certainly hope that doesn't win.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• SPY VIP

A long story about catching a yeti followed by an all caps rant about not winning any contests. I don't know about you but I certainly hope that doesn't win.

I see I went up by a vote, was this you?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

I love the Yeti entry - love it!

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

What happened to all the entries? I thought it ran through midnight?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

What happened to all the entries? I thought it ran through midnight?

Hiccup in the timing...fixed.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hiccup in the timing...fixed.

Time to try and stump for a lot of votes quickly.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Oh I see we're gonna get along real nice around here. Look forward to playing sometime rev!

Do you head down this way in the winter? If so bring the Yeti with - he can buy the first round. :)

EVNRoll ER 5

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

• SPY VIP

Just a quick note on the contest. We've pulled down the *final* export for the first round, so basically, while we can't close the entries without making a mess of things, round 1 is effectively over.

I know who the top 5 are (but I'm not telling), and the staff will be making its picks during the day today.

T

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

Here's another pointless update. I have trimmed the field down to my personal top 10. I know Matt is working on doing the same. X is no doubt doing the same.

Dave and Tim are West Coast, so they're still sleeping. Frank...he's a young guy...might not have even made it to bed yet.

Just a quick note on the contest. We've pulled down the *final* export for the first round, so basically, while we can't close the entries without making a mess of things, round 1 is effectively over.

I know who the top 5 are (but I'm not telling), and the staff will be making its picks during the day today.

T

By my count, I'm T3.......woohooo. James has a ridiculous number of votes and I don't know if anyone will be able to keep up with him in the finals.

• SPY VIP

By my count, I'm T3.......woohooo. James has a ridiculous number of votes and I don't know if anyone will be able to keep up with him in the finals.

James may run away with it, but with the vote counts reset...and every new vote counting as an entry for the 3rd place prize package, I'm optimistic that enough people will vote for their actual favorite entry, and thereby level the playing field a bit.

The other thing is that we've had time to learn how the voting works and thus for getting our friends up to speed on things work so that should help some. James started way ahead of the game and he is to be applauded - also his entry is a very good one - win/win.

I would expect that the entire MyGolfSpy Community would now participate in voting for their favorite entry or person who is entered into the finals because every vote gets a crack at a very impressive prize.

I do have a question about this - how do our friends get entered? Do they imply request the newsletter along with submitting their vote if they are voting for a candidate? That could really increase membership for the site.

Just curious and also very nervous at this point.

EVNRoll ER 5

I'd just like to say there was a lot of hype leading up to this contest, and the contest has lived up to that hype. It's been a lot of fun so far. And I'm guessing the real fun is just getting ready to start. Even if my entries don't make the finals, I'm looking forward to reading the final entries and seeing how the votes progress. Great contest!

James may run away with it, but with the vote counts reset...and every new vote counting as an entry for the 3rd place prize package, I'm optimistic that enough people will vote for their actual favorite entry, and thereby level the playing field a bit.

Do we get an entry for the third place drawing for every vote we make, or do we get a single entry as long as we vote once?

• SPY VIP

Do we get an entry for the third place drawing for every vote we make, or do we get a single entry as long as we vote once?

Every vote is 1 entry. You can vote once per day.