Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mizuno Golf Selects KBS C-Taper for Custom Department

GolfSpy WD

Just noticed this in my inbox...

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/community/news/press-releases/item/189-mizuno-golf-selects-kbs-c-taper-for-custom-department

Mizuno Golf Selects KBS C-Taper for Custom Department

Available Through Mizuno Beginning September 10th

BOULDER, Colo. (August 21st, 2012) – The KBS C-Taper shaft continues to surge in the golf equipment aftermarket. Beginning September 10th, Mizuno Golf's custom department will begin offering the KBS C-Taper shaft through their network of dealers and fitting carts nationwide. Introduced in May of 2011, the C-Taper was quickly adopted by top tour players in the world securing wins on all the major tours. Introduced later that year to the equipment market, the KBS C-Taper shaft quickly gained popularity for its signature performance benefits of low spin, low trajectory with a smooth feel.

Known for generating better performance and a smooth feel, KBS Golf Shafts are designed by industry veteran Kim Braly. Mr. Braly is recognized as a pioneer in golf industry having designed several popular shaft models and new technologies while at Royal Precision. Today, KBS Golf Shafts is the fastest growing steel shaft brand in the industry. Since introduction in 2008, over 120 professionals across the PGA, European, and Web.com Tours trust KBS shafts every week. That number is highlighted by 10 of Top 50 players in Official World Rankings.

KBS Golf Shafts are currently available through all major golf club manufacturers as stock or custom options. Also, KBS has a large network of dealers, online and in-person, for custom fitting, ordering, and building.

About KBS Golf Shafts

Since introduction in 2008, KBS Golf Shafts have led the steel shaft industry with innovation and unprecedented growth. Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, KBS is manufactured in partnership with FEMCO Steel Technology (FST). KBS is focused on innovating steel shaft technologies that maximize performance while making every shot more enjoyable for the golfer. Available industry-wide, visit KBS online to learn why they are the fastest growing shaft on Tour, hear from their avid community, or find a local dealer.

KBS Golf Shafts

www.KBSGolfShafts.com

303-444-2226

Yeah, I got this email today and I thought oh great my new Mizzy irons that I win can have C Tapers. Then T published the poll results and I was very glad that I already had Mizzies and C Tapers.:angry:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I don't really think you can count Mizuno as Japanese Equipment... http://www.mizunousa.com/corporate/history

But I also was happy to hear that Mizuno was finally getting up to speed on their shaft selections on the cart, means i can finally test the MP-69 with the shaft I use...

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I talked to some Mizuno reps at this year's PGA Show about why they didn't have C-Tapers and they said that they found people were consistently losing 1-club of distance and that they had no intention of offering C-Tapers.

Funny how time (and money) changes things.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

• SPY VIP

I talked to some Mizuno reps at this year's PGA Show about why they didn't have C-Tapers and they said that they found people were consistently losing 1-club of distance and that they had no intention of offering C-Tapers.

Funny how time (and money) changes things.

3JACK

The info I had late winter/early spring suggested the C-Taper would eventually become part of Mizuno's new lineup. It's like anything else, a well-fit shaft will perform, a poorly fit shaft won't. Despite it's growing popularity, the C-Taper realistically isn't going to be a good fit for the majority of golfers. I suspect that both the Tour and Tour 90 from KBS's own lineup likely fit a higher percentage of the golfing population. That said, the C-Taper is outstanding (if it fits you), and people want what they want regardless.

Practically speaking, there's no compelling reason for Mizuno not to offer it, especially when most, if not all, of their competition does.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Well, I am not looking to change anytime soon, contest not included, I may have 1000 people vote for me tonight,:D but my next irons will have C Tapers also. I will not own another set of irons that do not have custom shafts, and right now C Tapers fit me best.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I think most Reps for OEMs are pretty much like you and I but are sales men, they have their own opinions about something but at the end of the day it is "whatever the customer wants".

I hardly think that "some mizuno reps" can speak for the entire company about what they will and will not carry in their custom department. As for 1 club length shorter, I would have to assume that these players didn't fit the profile that the C-Taper is designed for --> High Spin / Mid/High Launch players. C-Taper is nothing more then a smooth feeling PX shaft, that's what they designed it to compete against is the TT PX shaft. Mizuno has carried the PX for years now maybe they should have dropped that shaft because people would see about as much loss in a PX as they would a C-Taper because they don't fit.

I was sort of shocked by the fact that Adams CMB came stock with C-Tapers, but then I thought about who the club is targeting. You sure wouldn't see many people that have a flip or cast buying that club maybe some.

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

T or JM, have you hit the TT Tour Issue shaft?...How would you compare it to the C-Taper Tour?...I've only played TT in my irons.....

Well I only hit the Tour Issued one time in the x100, I didn't notice any change between the DG x100 and the DG TI x100 in terms of launch angle and spin rate. So I chalked them up to just paying for tighter weight tolerances in the shafts. I don't know if others have had the same experience but that was mine.

From the TT website

Dynamic Gold Tour Issue shafts provide similar power, control and the trademark penetrating ball flight associated with the entire series of Dynamic Gold irons. The Tour Issue shafts have a Tour Only weight tolerance of +/- .5 grams for custom precision fitting. The shafts are available in sets of eight (3-PW) and in S400 and X100 flexes, .355 only.

I guess one thing to note is that stepless shafts feel a little different then a stepped shaft. I mean some people might not even notice the difference. The big thing is that the KBS line stepped or stepless gives a smooth feel in transition compared to other companies. It feels like it's about 1/2 flex softer but preforms like the stated flex. PX is the other way around the transition feels about 1/2 flex firmer then what it really plays.

• SPY VIP

T or JM, have you hit the TT Tour Issue shaft?...How would you compare it to the C-Taper Tour?...I've only played TT in my irons.....

Fairwasy & Greens 4ever......

I have, but not extensively. I liked it better than the standard DG (and truthfully, that could be just because the shaft says "Tour Issue"), but we're not talking about a night and day difference. I might be clouded as I've become solidly a KBS guy since I tried the Tours. Moving into the C-Tapers has been incrementally better.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 4 weeks later...

Archived