TESTERS WANTED! ×

PIC - 2013 TourEdge CB5 Woods

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

touredge-cb5-2013-1.jpg

TourEdge CB5 Fairway Wood - INFO

For an even hotter face, the club adopts the CB4's trampoline face design that combines multiple levels of face thickness. By varying the thickness and incorporating an inner cone, the design allows for enhanced elongation of the titanium face. The result is incredible feel and a powerful rebound effect.

It is available in the Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour Graphite and Aldila RIP graphite shafts for $299.

TourEdge CB5 Hybrid - INFO

The CB5 super-hybrid combines a maraging steel cupped face with a hyper steel body. The stronger maraging steel allows for a thinner face that has greater malleability for superior feel and distance. Adding to the design, the heavier hyper-steel body offers a lower center of gravity than previous CBs for remarkable forgiveness.

Equipping the new CB5 to hit long shots, the hybrid features the Exotics' Boomerang face design. The face's v-shaped boomerangs allow for the thinning and thickening of the material to produce longer shots even on off-center hits. The elegant form of the CB5 is also highlighted by a deep face that produces a penetrating ball flight. When combined with the smaller-than-traditional head and added face progression, the end result is exceptional workability.

The CB5 hybrid features Tour Edge's lifetime warranty and 30-day play guarantee. It is available in the Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour Graphite and Aldila RIP graphite shafts for $199.

#TruthDigest

The carpet does leave much to be desired, however I dont understand why TE didn't go the titanium route with their hybrids...They've always been cutting edge with the fairways & I'd just think that even though maraging steel makes for a hot face, it's not titanium...Just a thought...Thanx for the pic...

Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

It seems to be the name of the game. Change one thing in one of your lineups, then reuse the same technology as last model for the other clubs, but with an updated paint job.

People are suckers for wanting a matched set...

Do you know when TE went with titanium in the fairways?...I'll tell ya what..I've got the titanium Adams F11 3M, & it's a beast...I do get about 5-7 more yds with the TMaG Tour Spoon, though it's 13* vs. the 11s 15*....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

I forget honestly. I know they've slowly rolled out beta Ti faces and combo brazing. I assume the hybrids are going to get it next year? I may be wrong though, I'm just too lazy to look up the history right now.

The Irons I have use maraging steel 771 faces and I have found them to be just as hot and long as the Ti faces I have on the Pings- but it feels better and is more consistent. I would be surprised if a Ti faced club goes any further than a maraging steel 771 faced club- though maybe in woods and Hybrids it's different.

But I bet the Ti face is cheaper to make and it's better known as a material.

Gotta love hotel conference room carpets. They must choose those designs to you can't see all the coffee and food stains and the floor.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

TS, I don't know anything about the costs, though that really sux if the costs on a titanium face are less than steel

Ti is worth more than regular steel no doubt. But I think making the margining steel, particularly at the 771 level, is a pretty complex and sophisticated process. I seem to remember reading something about it being used for making Olympic level fencing swords, medical equipment and other speciality items. I could be wrong though.

Maybe I am the one who got screwed by paying more for the irons!

haha

Anyway the TEE stuff looks pretty good. Love to try out a Hybrid.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

I love the black and red color scheme they use. It gives the Exotics line such a badass look to them. I'm just curious to see if they outperform the CB4s in both woods and hybrids.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Just when I'm falling in love with my CB4 3 wood. I wounder what changes TEE can do to make their 3wood any better. It's one of the best 3 woods I've ever hit.... period. B)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

From what I understand, if TEE uses Ti in their hybrids, the distance would be as comparable to their fairway woods. By using maraging steel, the hybrids still can go a long ways with forgiveness but they provide better distance gaps between clubs. My CB1 15* averages 220-230 yards and my Sonartec 19* 5-wood and Nickent 17* hybrid can go 205-215 yards. I think If I have a TEE Ti hybrid, I may not need a 3-wood. Then again, that might be a good thing.

P.S. My CB1 off the tee can go almost as far as my CB3 9* driver...and I'm usually in the short grass with a shot at the green.

Any pics of the driver? I'm going a different route with my driver after my fitting in a few weeks, I like the XVG5 but also the CB5 looks sweet. TEE is high on my ponder list.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

• 2 weeks later...

Any pics of the driver? I'm going a different route with my driver after my fitting in a few weeks, I like the XVG5 but also the CB5 looks sweet. TEE is high on my ponder list.

Our rep and the national brought the new line by the shop today, and I snapped a few pics. As soon as I upload them, I will post them here.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Here are some in hand pics of the New TE stuff. Good. All I can say is GOOD.

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B309.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B310.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B311.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B312.JPG

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

This is the LM data from the 19* CB5 Hybrid for me. Awesome. I typically hit my current 19* about 225-230 on course, and 215-225 on the LM.

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B331.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B332.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B333.JPG

These are pics of the CB5 hybrid...

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B327.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B328.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B329.JPG

nic%2Biphone%2Blate%2Bsummer%2B2012%2B330.JPG

Do I spy adjustablity on that XCG6?

Good eye Sir. Yeppers. Adjustablity comes standard in the new XCG6. 4 settings, Open, neutral, closed and upright. How much, I have no idea...

The new fitting system from TE should be really good. As soon as we have ours, Pics going up.

• 5 months later...

That is correct, when you open the face loft decreases and when you close a face the loft increases no matter what club you use. I just can't wait to try the new TEE CB5 just to see if it's any better then my gamer CB4.

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

That is correct, when you open the face loft decreases and when you close a face the loft increases no matter what club you use. I just can't wait to try the new TEE CB5 just to see if it's any better then my gamer CB4.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts when yo do get a chance - I haven't found anyone down here who stocks them, but am interested in the comparison between the CB4 and CB5.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the CB5 15 deg. with the Fubuki Tour X in my bag right now. I've owned all of the CBs (1 ,2, 3, 4) editions and this one is the best of all of them. The most notable difference is the "murdered" head. All black...I really like the look as opposed to the stainless face on the previous versions. TEE has gotten away from the funny heel setup of the past and gone to a more traditional head shape and they hit a home run with the stock shaft(s). That was one of the defining reasons why I picked this club up. The Fubuki keeps the spin down and creates the perfect "launch window" that I've been looking for. I hit both of the two three wood offerings and went with the 15 since I hit the 13 deg. too far and left too much of a gap between my driver and my hybrid. The 15 is just about perfect for me in filling the gap (260-270). I've been searching for years to try to find the best three wood on the market...think I found it.

I'm hoping to get a chance to hit the CB5 soon so I can compare this with the current CB4 gamer. Weather has been uncooperative with a couple snow falls lately. Although next week is our Spring Fling and following week week 1 of the 2013 season @ NVGC. Right now my bag is working so well I doubt there will be big changes, although I'm always opened to getting better!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Just when I'm falling in love with my CB4 3 wood. I wounder what changes TEE can do to make their 3wood any better. It's one of the best 3 woods I've ever hit.... period. B)

Amen to that, I play the xcg5 3 wood, and it is so smooth feeling, and the ball jumps off the face.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've got the CB5 15 deg. with the Fubuki Tour X in my bag right now. I've owned all of the CBs (1 ,2, 3, 4) editions and this one is the best of all of them. The most notable difference is the "murdered" head. All black...I really like the look as opposed to the stainless face on the previous versions. TEE has gotten away from the funny heel setup of the past and gone to a more traditional head shape and they hit a home run with the stock shaft(s). That was one of the defining reasons why I picked this club up. The Fubuki keeps the spin down and creates the perfect "launch window" that I've been looking for. I hit both of the two three wood offerings and went with the 15 since I hit the 13 deg. too far and left too much of a gap between my driver and my hybrid. The 15 is just about perfect for me in filling the gap (260-270). I've been searching for years to try to find the best three wood on the market...think I found it.

Hey, welcome TN. Thanks for the post on the CB5 - I noticed it in Lefty's WITB (whats in the bag), and have been wondering abourt it for a while so do appreciate your thoughts. Hope to see you around the forum. Do drop by the Distinguished Gentlemen's thread. Nice bag yourself by the way, post up a WITB thread and some photos when you get a chance.

Brad

Archived