Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

what has been your favourite mgs-recommended golfing buy?

sparnar

4 Yards More tees. I had been using Brush Tees, but sometimes it was a juggling act getting the ball to stay teed up. The 4 Yards More tees work as well (maybe better) in reguards to distance, and there is no problem teeing the ball up. Also, they last well over 100 impacts. I bought a 4 pack at the beginning of the summer, used them for every round of golf and every trip to the driving range, and they are still going strong.

THIS!!! After reading the MGS Lab article regarding tees. I'm sold on these.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Well Dude, I read the MGS review, though this post is what sold me on trying 'em. I got a single one that was a promo give-a-way and Im gonna buy a pack this week.

Did you pick up noticable distance?. That'd be cool if I could. Anyway, thanx for the post.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

There might be some distance gained, but really the main thing for me is the ball is always teed up at the same height and they're durable as hell.

i actually got the 4 more yards tees two weeks ago. haven't been on the course with them yet, but i'm with wdgolf on this, the ball is teed up the same height each time. for a hacker like me, that has to help!

i also ordered some sub 70 clothing, and the tour striker educator today.

looking forward to receiving my little gifts in the post!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

i actually got the 4 more yards tees two weeks ago. haven't been on the course with them yet, but i'm with wdgolf on this, the ball is teed up the same height each time. for a hacker like me, that has to help!

i also ordered some sub 70 clothing, and the tour striker educator today.

looking forward to receiving my little gifts in the post!

Please let me know what you think of the Educator, sparnar.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Well Dude, I read the MGS review, though this post is what sold me on trying 'em. I got a single one that was a promo give-a-way and Im gonna buy a pack this week.

Did you pick up noticable distance?. That'd be cool if I could. Anyway, thanx for the post.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

What wd said! Consistent height and durable...

I personally can't say anything about distance, because I just don't hit it consistently enough.

But definitely feel less resistance during impact. Could be a placebo effect :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I love 4YM tees but I've stopped buying them because I usually send a tee so far with a driver I can't even find it, so wooden tees it shall stay.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Please let me know what you think of the Educator, sparnar.

I will do, Matt. It has to reach me in South Africa, so it will probably be a week or two before I get my hands on it.

I have always had an over the top move, which makes my longer shots into bad slices.

At the top of the backswing, my left wrist is broken down, and it seems like whenever I have a straight wrist, i hit much better shots.

I'm not sure if the over the top move, and the bent left wrist are directly related, but it sure feels that way to me right now.

I'm really hoping that the Educator can ingrain that flat left wrist at the top of the backswing. With work being crazy busy right now, I don't get to to the range as often as I would like, and I'm hoping that some practice swings at home with the Educator, will go a long way in me getting this right.

Matt, didn't you mention in the review of the Educator, that you had developed your own drill with it? Do you mind sharing?

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i received my latest goodies. These include the Tour Striker Educator, only took a few swings with it, feels like it'll work nicely to ingrain that flat left wrist at the top of the backswing, that I'm struggling with.

Also received two Sub 70 shirts, and some pants I ordered from their sale. The shirts looks great, and really looking forward to trying out the pants. Not too sure I'll have a chance soon, as it is 30 plus degrees celsius here most days. But I must say, the light weight fabric certainly looks like it won't be a factor, even in that kind of heat.

Very impressed with the Sub 70 gear.

Will update on the Educator, hoping to practice some swings with it at home, and hopefully get to the range on the weekend.

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

Really can't say that I have purchased an item based upon the MGS reviews, but I can say that the knowledge gained from being an MGS regular has influenced the purchases that I have made.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Moe, do you carry a 3FM?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP, sorry for the late reply. No, I don't because I couldn't consistently swing a 43" club and hit the ball of the deck with one. The 41" hybrid is about as long as I can handle for such purposes.

I've been very intrigued with a lot of reviews from MGS, but I seldom pull the trigger.

However I have bought two things based on their reviews. Some Kikkor shoes and just recently 3 Asher gloves. Must say both are great products and I would highly recommend them.

As to which is my favorite MGS buy, I'd say the Asher glove. I got the Chuck glove in blue and it looks amazing. Fit is spot on and it feels nice and grippy. Plus at $10 a glove that is a steal.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 2 months later...

I've read the reviews for the Tour Striker and their other products here and, now that I've got a building setup for winter practice, I've finally made the plunge. Just ordered the 7Pro/56 Wedge combo, Educator and Smash Bag. In for a penny, in for a pound. Just reading the reviews and the Tour Striker website gave me enough insight to realize I've always been a "flipper" and I started improving my impact and distance immediately. I'm convinced that by adding these tools to my practice, I'm going to have a productive winter.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Man oh man!!! Since I joined here I have bought based on reviews and testing the miura cb501s been fit for everything top to bottom, the tour temp app, ping putting app, putting fork, I was able to give the c carnahan review and added three awesome wedges, the rbz line including the bladez. Was able to review the swing profile app and the 30 for 30 competition.

They are all the purchases based on reviews and testing but I'd have to say the realization to get fit was the best advice even though I knew it and went through two bogus fittings unfortunately had I just dropped the money up front I would've been a lot better off.

Mgs is the best golf site period

I purchased a BiMatrix Prototype today, in pink, based on the reviews on this site by Rookie. Next weekend I guess I will tell how I like it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Let's see if I can get this right

I've purchased the Adams 9064 driver and then had an Arthur Extreme shaft installed both because of reviews that I read here and I loved that combo - it now resides in my kids bag and he's picked up about 15 yards with that club.

I've also totally re-evaluated the importance of fitting based on the what flex blog - I think I liked that one best of all - that and the distance reality check.

I'm goint to have to read through the archives on those training aids - Richard keeps referencing one on drills for iron play - I move into a time of lots of practice little play starting next week and will need some drills to freshen things up - if I have the strength to swing a club during my fitness program. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

they refer to them as the "L" & "Y" drill, which I prefer because they are two distinctly different drills & for brevity's sake, I like these names better.

Hey....you've mentioned those a few times and I have no idea what those drills are. Do you have a link or something to a video that might explain it. I looked on YouTube but there were several different things involving L and Y and I don't know which is which!

Thanks RP!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Bk use the name of the person who created the app for tour tempo that's the guys and I am not sure if you can get them without the app unless they are in here somewhere

John novosel is the person

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I have bought anything directly because of a review. I'm normally on the other end of things, however there is ONE thing I did end up doing based on a review written by GolfSpy Matt. I started working with Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting) from a post he made about his quest to putt better.

Where my instruction started at putting I very fast realized that Bruce's style of teaching was for me and we started into full swing as well. I couldn't be happy with the investment honestly.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry again about the screw-up 😢

No worries and no apologies needed Bud!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Archived