Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Online Golf stores in China

Aotearoa_Brad

Okay team, lets start by outlining my issues... I live in New Zealand, and though it is a beautiful country with some magnificent golf courses, we are a very small market. What this means is that the range of equipment we have available is somewhat limited, and what is available is extremely expensive. I do get over to Hawaii occasionally to visit the in-laws, but those I often don't get a chance to mill around the stores that are there. Ideally, I'd like to be able to purchase online from here, but shipping to NZ is also really expensive. Anyway, that's not really what I wanted to talk about...

I came across a 'Chinese manufacturer of clubs for the US market'. Has anyone dealt with any of these Chinese online retailers before, or know if any of them are legit (i.e. selling actual Callaway/Titleist/Mizuno clubs)? I may be being naive but I'd have thought that these companies would have stomped on online retailers pretty quickly if they were selling knock-offs?

Alternatively, does anyone have any recommendations of online retailers in the US that they've had really good experiences with?

Appreciate your feedback

Brad

Run far. Run fast. Run now.

You want nothing to do with China 'outlets'

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Hey Brad,

I started a thread a few days ago regarding recommended online shops. There are a few there that are recommended by MGS members.

I have the same problem as you, everything here is damn expensive, so I end up buying from the US and paying shipping and taxes. Still cheaper than buying locally.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/6791-recommended-online-shops/page__p__68572__hl__%2Bonline+%2Bshops__fromsearch__1#entry68572

If you don't need the newest, flashiest gear, rockbottomgolf offers very good shipping prices.

And if I were you, I would steer away from Chinese stores.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I came across a 'Chinese manufacturer of clubs for the US market'. Has anyone dealt with any of these Chinese online retailers before, or know if any of them are legit (i.e. selling actual Callaway/Titleist/Mizuno clubs)? I may be being naive but I'd have thought that these companies would have stomped on online retailers pretty quickly if they were selling knock-offs?

Brad

This is true with most places but in China it is easier said than done. The companies that you are dealing with turn out to be shells and the exectutives non existent and at least in our case no way to collect the judgement that was awarded. I could tell you a story of what we just spent three years in court but I still do not believe it.

Why would TMag, Callaway, Mizuno choose to dump their product through a Chinese outlet? Because they like the food? Hell, I would not even eat Chinese food that actually came from china. :)

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Why would TMag, Callaway, Mizuno choose to dump their product through a Chinese outlet? Because they like the food? Hell, I would not even eat Chinese food that actually came from china. :)

Hey now, Chinese food in China is pretty awesome. Don't knock it till you have been there.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Hey Brad,

I started a thread a few days ago regarding recommended online shops. There are a few there that are recommended by MGS members.

I have the same problem as you, everything here is damn expensive, so I end up buying from the US and paying shipping and taxes. Still cheaper than buying locally.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/6791-recommended-online-shops/page__p__68572__hl__%2Bonline+%2Bshops__fromsearch__1#entry68572

If you don't need the newest, flashiest gear, rockbottomgolf offers very good shipping prices.

And if I were you, I would steer away from Chinese stores.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the link.

Brad

i have had some good experiences with rockbottomgolf as well.

i am a little hesitant in recommending ebay to just anyone, as some people who tend to be a bit naive, can get ripped off very easily through ebay.

if you make sure you are buying from a top rated seller, with LOADS of feedback, then you are quite safe. but ebay is definitely not for everyone.

i have also ordered from golfdiscount.com without any hassles.

i am from South Africa, so I'm in a similar boat. although we do have a bigger market, and we have two decent golf chain stores.

i make use of the myus.com to do my shipping. i recently had two orders come over, and i was happy with their service. when you do this through them, you can consolidate packages from different suppliers. i recommend that you pool a few items before shipping, as it can run up to be quite a few rands (or USD or NZD).

feel free to pm me if you have any questions about myus.com

good luck with the bargain hunting

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Hey now, Chinese food in China is pretty awesome. Don't knock it till you have been there.

I was thinking of a few pictures my friend, who is Shanghai right now, sent to me yesterday of a meat market at a Walmart in China. Sadly, I did not think to keep them and she has not loaded them on her Facebook yet, so these pictures will have to do. They were pretty much the same as these taken in Hong Kong but without the half naked man. Not exactly what we are used to here in the states. The use of plastic and refrigeration is much more prevelant here than there.

This is not that different than can be found in many parts of the world, but still not what one might find even in the Wilds of Pittsburgh.

meat market.jpg

more meat.jpg

Id be HIGHLY skeptical of any Chinese outlet. Chances are everthing they sell are fakes.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Most of my friends in Oz or NZ either

A: Get stuff shipped from the US through Rockbottom

B: Get stuff shipped from the UK through American Golf

C: Get stuff shipped from Japan through pretty much anyone since they all seem to ship to Oz/NZ

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

myus.com is a very good idea!

But their shipping rates are still higher than rockbottomgolf, even with the Premium membership.

Damn! The Cobra AMP for $179 is sold out :(

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks guys, I'll definitely check out the myus.com link. I've purchased from RBG previously (shipped to my in-laws in Hawaii) and it seemed to work well, but then there's two sets of postage (as free shipping invariably is limited to contiguous US). Haven't looked at what direct shipping to NZ from RBG would set me back, so I might do that too.

Re the Chinese retailers: This is what I was thinking, but very happy to have my suspicions confirmed ... and thats why MGS is so good

i decided to go with myus, because they offered a package consolidation service.

on my two orders i placed recently, i had items coming from different ebay sellers, RBG, birdieball, and a couple of other places as well.

myus then stores it until you request the packages to be shipped. they then consolidate everything for you.

it is not dirt cheap, but last time round i bought 4 clubs (3 new, 1 second hand), as well as some other smaller things, and while the shipping was quite a bit, spread over all the items i purchased, i felt it was quite reasonable, and still MUCH cheaper than buying locally. in addition, i got some items that i wouldn't have been able to get over here in South Africa.

aotearoabrad, if you have any questions about myus, drop me a pm. i'll happily assist

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

i forgot one thing, aotearoabrad....

the boks are gonna pummel you next weekend!

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

...haha... Bring it Sparnar. I just hope that you guys can get across the line against the Wallabies... If there's one thing that can make me support the Boks, it's when they play the Wallabies!

My wife is a huge Springboks fan. I assume that is whom you are talking about. I barely understand the conversation. :)

1347003881[/url]' post='69814']

Wallabies in Australia, no chance for the boks.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

congrats firstkart, you guys won a game which we could have won. but if we keep playing this one dimensional type of game, we won't get anywhere.

i've decided that i might be better off spending my saturday morning on the golf course this weekend.

if we dish up the same drivel, the AB's will hurt us.

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Bridgestone E6

Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

I go running to restaurants I hear have a cook that just came from the mainland with their own ingredients. I've tasted Chinese cooking so tasty that I sucked on the bones and licked the plates. Frankly, genuine Chinese cooking with genuine Chinese ingredients from a cook who knows what he's doing, are a taste adventure you would be very lucky to experience.

However I agree that it's a bad idea to buy Golf clubs from a Chinese outlet. It's very difficult to find companies there that have words that can be relied upon.

Shambles

I go running to restaurants I hear have a cook that just came from the mainland with their own ingredients. I've tasted Chinese cooking so tasty that I sucked on the bones and licked the plates. Frankly, genuine Chinese cooking with genuine Chinese ingredients from a cook who knows what he's doing, are a taste adventure you would be very lucky to experience.

However I agree that it's a bad idea to buy Golf clubs from a Chinese outlet. It's very difficult to find companies there that have words that can be relied upon.

Shambles

I love Chinese Food. I had just seen pictures my friend sent from Shanghai China. My concern was much more about the storage and processing of the meat.

post-14368-062268900%201346853740.jpg

I work in China for the last 13 years and ALL of my golfing equipments are bought either from Japan or US and NEVER from China, online or otherwise. I can't say that all of them sell fakes but at the same time I'm not willing to take the risk of getting some fake stuff.....

:P

Archived