:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

LOL...clearly Fowler's style isnt for everyone.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Maybe they're going deer hunting.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I had to do a double take when I saw a guy leaving the course last week wearing almost the exact same outfit (I think he had the orange pants too). He was at least younger than the fellow on the right, but no less ridiculous looking. Imagine how bad it would get if Ricky was in the hunt each week....

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

ouch

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Where's their Monoline? Gotta have a Monoline if you're going to rock that. And it's gotta be the white with orange monoline and a white belt if you're gonna wear white shoes. If you're going all orange like that, you must wear the orange LE shoes.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Can you imagine what it was like to get to the course and see a complete stranger dressed exactly like you.:lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

Actually, this has two things going for it. 1. They are so rediculous that it is obvious meant to be funny, and more importantly, 2. They know how to wear a hat and have some standards that were not comprimised.

Actually, this has two things going for it. 1. They are so rediculous that it is obvious ment to be funny, and more importantly, 2. They know how to wear a hat and have some standards that were not comprimised.

So people that wear flat billed hats have lower standards now? Where do people that wear bucket hats and old men that wear straw hats to the golf course fall? It may not be your style to wear a flat billed hat, but it's awfully judgmental to make the statement that they have lower standards. Do you even know where the flat bill originated?

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

So people that wear flat billed hats have lower standards now?

Based on my experience in the Army where we had caps, and my opinion of those who wore made the effort to bend their caps and those that did not, I would say that yes, in my opinion those who wear flat, or even crooked billed caps so have lower standards than those who do not.

Where do people that wear bucket hats and old men that wear straw hats to the golf course fall?

Bucket hats and straw hats are different and were not included in the above statement, however I have a bucket hat, that I often wear, it is not really a bucket because it has a wider bill and shallower top, but I have it curled up on the sides like a cowboy hat. Another guy I play with wears one and he does not bend it at all, and I do not care. A third guy I play with has his bent up in the front, I have nicknamed him, Corporal Agarn, from F Troop. He has recently changed the style he bent it but the nickname seems to have stuck.

It may not be your style to wear a flat billed hat, but it's awfully judgmental to make the statement that they have lower standards.

Yes, it is, shame on me. I should find some place where I can voice my opinion.

Do you even know where the flat bill originated?

Well, several hundred years ago I would imagine. I know they came along before the modern shaped ball cap. But that was not what this thread was about, the origins of ball cap. It is my opinion that Rickie Fowler's cap and anyone else's who wears one looks stupid. Period.

If you wear one, well,.....my opinion still does not change.

Based on my experience in the Army where we had caps, and my opinion of those who wore made the effort to bend their caps and those that did not, I would say that yes, in my opinion those who wear flat, or even crooked billed caps so have lower standards than those who do not.

Bucket hats and straw hats are different and were not included in the above statement, however I have a bucket hat, that I often wear, it is not really a bucket because it has a wider bill and shallower top, but I have it curled up on the sides like a cowboy hat. Another guy I play with wears one and he does not bend it at all, and I do not care. A third guy I play with has his bent up in the front, I have nicknamed him, Corporal Agarn, from F Troop. He has recently changed the style he bent it but the nickname seems to have stuck.

Yes, it is, shame on me. I should find some place where I can voice my opinion.

Well, several hundred years ago I would imagine. I know they came along before the modern shaped ball cap. But that was not what this thread was about, the origins of ball cap. It is my opinion that Rickie Fowler's cap and anyone else's who wears one looks stupid. Period.

If you wear one, well,.....my opinion still does not change.

Right, judgemental older person. Just like I thought. Glad you like to see the game not grow. Bucket hats are for the rain and straw hats are for the beach or the farm, and when the sides are knurled, they're for rednecks with straw in their mouth (see Kenny Chesney). They have no business on the golf course. See, someone else can be judgemental too.(Just common complaints I've seen about these types of hats, could care less personally). It's called fashion, and while it might not be your style, it's laughable to demean others choice in hats. I'd imagine you're that curmudgeon that gets mad when you see juniors on the course and range too and don't want the old boys club to be broken into by the next generation. And I have Monolines, and I bend the bills. Have several hats that were originally flat billed that I bent the bills on. I don't wear them flat, but I don't demean others choice in hats.

In The Bag

I'd imagine you're that curmudgeon that gets mad when you see juniors on the course and range too and don't want the old boys club to be broken into by the next generation.

As a matter of fact, Saturday afternoon I played in the 1:00 group. They are called that because there is a 9:00 group and a 1:00 group every Saturday and Sunday. Often the same guys play at 9 and 1 o'clock, but the better players are definately in the afternoon group. In order to play, you must only be there and sign up. Also, be prepared to shoot less than a 85 or you will be a liablitiy to your team.

This week there were 15 of us and we had 5 people on three teams. The majority of the players were in their 30's and 40's but we had some in their 60's and four in their teens, and two women. The only concession made for age was that 60+ played from the men's member tees (white) (not the senior tees) the women played from the forward tees (women's tees), and everyone else played from the back tees.

This group does discriminate against hackers, which is why I do not played with them all the time. I have some friends that do not "qualify" to play with them, so I play with my "hacker" friends when they are there. This group divides into teams and instead of just you losing money for your poor play, your whole team loses money for your poor play. If you can not hold up your end, they do not want you.

And if you wear a hat we do not like, fine. But expect to hear a comment about it or two.

It truly amazes me how Fowler produces such hatred from the conservative types entirely based on his hair style and the types of clothes he wears. If you've ever heard the man talk, you should LOVE the guy. He's as well spoken and humble as any young player in the game of golf.

Titleist 910 D3 9.5 w/Oban Devotion 75g

Titleist 910F 15 w/Oban Devotion 75g

Cobra Baffler 18 Hybrid

Cobra Baffler 20 Hybrid (originals) w/stiff steel shafts

Mizuno MP57 4 - PW +1/2 2UR Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Titleist Vokey 54 & 60

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback 35"

For the record I like Rickie Fowler. I just do not like the hats. I even like his clothes but I think twice before I wear a red shirt and black pants because I do not want people to think I am dressing like Tiger. While I go occasionally wear that it is almost never on Sunday anymore. I have a short that I see Steve Stricker wear a lot and I do wear it but no one has ever asked if I am dressed like him. :)

And I really do not care about hats. I was just messing with Rookie. Based on past exchanges with him I knew he would go ballistic if I took a hard stance against him.

It could be worse....

103328181_display_image.jpg?1283303111

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Well.

That's off putting.

On another note, are you trying to win forum member of the month X? Seems like this could go the way of the Bubba thread pretty quickly :lol:

Good one Tuna!! Hope they don't out do my Bubba thread.

and some things are just better left in the closet!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

0917463.jpg

Someone tell that punk hippie to cut his hair and bend his bill. Oh and tell him he looks silly while you're at it.

Waited to post this and have others from "your generation" if you'd like to see those too.

Yep, flat bills and long hair look silly on the course. So do monochrome clothes. Fortunately for Rickie the greatest players of all time did it in the 50's, 60's, and 70's before he was a tingle in his daddy's groin. But it's his fault... Style goes in cycles.

Loud and long hair:

june_miller3_299x437.jpg

Get a haircut cut hippie

JackNicklaus.jpg

Get rid of the monochrome

webANXgaryplayer.jpg

Long hair and loud clothes? What's wrong with you?

Tom-Watson.jpg

In The Bag

0917463.jpg

Someone tell that punk hippie to cut his hair and bend his bill. Oh and tell him he looks silly while you're at it.

Waited to post this and have others from "your generation" if you'd like to see those too.

As far as I can tell, you are the only person who has said anything about these hats having no place on the golf course. Also, no one has said anything about hair that I recall except for you.

I personally think that striped shirts and plaid shorts do not go together and should not be worn in public. And almost by definition that would include a golf course that is open to the public. However, I did see three or four guys wearing them Sunday at the club. However, since my club is not open to the public on weekends, than I guess it does not really meet the definition of in public. I have some loud shorts, that I actually wore on Sunday, and the first several times I wore them, my playing partners made comments about them. I laughed.

But for the record, Lee's brim is not exactly flat. And another thing, I was in my 20's when I was in the Army and made those "judgements" about people's hats. I recall not liking flat billed caps when I was a teenager so I believe it is more a personal preference than a generational thing..

This has not been a condemnation of his style as much as it is about the people who are immulating him. Not only that it has been a "tongue in cheek" condemnation at that. I personally am impressed with Puma, and was back in February when I walked into Golfsmith's and the whole place looked like Rickie Fowler had come and decorated.

Rickie Fowler's bills are bent as much as Lee Trevino's are. He actually bends them more than Lee.

Point being, Rickie Fowler wasn't the first to go monochrome or wear a flat billed cap (though he bends them a bit).

In The Bag

No comment.... Mainly do to I should have never had to see that

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Archived