TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why NOT to walk barefoot on a golf course

GolfSpy_X

Looks like it hurts. Not your feet are they?

Anyway.....when I was a kid I wanted to have "Tarzan" feet. You know.....fully calloused soles so I could walk on anything (and swing from vines). It was a good idea at the time anyway.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

+1 to the goose crap. it's impossible to avoid on some of the courses around here.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I'm curious as to the story on this one. Seriously, that's a combination of bad luck and had to be not paying attention.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Reminds me that I had a flat tire once. When I looked at the tire, the tee had penetrated the tire perfectly and all you could see was the round top of the tee flush with the surface of the tire. After the tire was repaired, the technician came out with a quizzical look and said, "it had a piece of wood in it." He obviously wasn't a golfer.

So also be careful driving in golf course parking lots.

There could be no blood with that type of injury - until the object is removed but I'm still thinking photo shopped.

I made the comment on the facebook page (I'm pretty active on facebook these days) that Sammy Sneed advocacted playing in bare feet from time to time and that one of my sons does so regularly.

Personally there's not a chance that I would ever do so - other than that one drunken night in college when we were trying to see who could hit a 3 iron through the Dean of student's office window. (oops) We had just seen Animal House for the first time. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There could be no blood with that type of injury - until the object is removed but I'm still thinking photo shopped.

I made the comment on the facebook page (I'm pretty active on facebook these days) that Sammy Sneed advocacted playing in bare feet from time to time and that one of my sons does so regularly.

Personally there's not a chance that I would ever do so - other than that one drunken night in college when we were trying to see who could hit a 3 iron through the Dean of student's office window. (oops) We had just seen Animal House for the first time. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

With the chemicals in use on courses these days, there's no way I'd play barefooted. Still want to hear the full story on this though. It has to be good.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 9 years later...

Wow.  Snowflakes.  You're playing golf.. a sport which involves very small, hard objects traveling at high rates of speed which may strike you in the head when you least expect it..  and you're worried about stepping on a golf tee?  And that (and dreaded goose s*** and urine (which is sterile) are the reasons you dismiss doing something that is so obviously healthy for your feet, your balance?  You better not go to the gym because you might drop a barbell on your foot.  And don't ever eat out because you might ingest a chicken bone or salmonella.  And yes, looks photoshopped... or.. "Let's take a picture of that".. "ok.. how's this?"  "You can't see the actual penetration of the foot or any blood, people will say it is photoshopped, let's take a better one".  "Naw, this will work."

And all those terrible chemicals... right... that's why the average lifespan of a greenskeeper is 42.  Please. 

56 minutes ago, mongcon said:

Wow.  Snowflakes.  You're playing golf.. a sport which involves very small, hard objects traveling at high rates of speed which may strike you in the head when you least expect it..  and you're worried about stepping on a golf tee?  And that (and dreaded goose s*** and urine (which is sterile) are the reasons you dismiss doing something that is so obviously healthy for your feet, your balance?  You better not go to the gym because you might drop a barbell on your foot.  And don't ever eat out because you might ingest a chicken bone or salmonella.  And yes, looks photoshopped... or.. "Let's take a picture of that".. "ok.. how's this?"  "You can't see the actual penetration of the foot or any blood, people will say it is photoshopped, let's take a better one".  "Naw, this will work."

And all those terrible chemicals... right... that's why the average lifespan of a greenskeeper is 42.  Please. 

Seriously?  You revive a 9 year old post to name call and insult people as your first post on a forum?  Nice introduction to define yourself.  Welcome to the forum, in spite of all that.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug