Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Driver Fitting Recommendations in New England

I am looking for recommendations for a fitter in New England. I have seen some recommendations for Frank Viola in Saugus, Ma and others for Spargo Golf in RI. Saugus is much closer to me, but he only fits for TaylorMade, Adams, TourEdge Exotics and Miura, while Spargo apparently has most/all of the major OEMs, plus Wishon. Is it worth the extra drive from NH to get more head options?

Frank is a Wishon dealer, but he seems to resist anything that's not TM/Adams/TE/Miura. Based on reputation though, if you like those clubs, he's one of the best out there. I'm still on the search for a fitter that stocks Xcaliber or Talamonti shafts in this area though, I didn't see that at Spargo either.

Thanks. I will probably go with Frank Viola. I'm not against any of those brands - I just worry that I won't get the best club for me if I only have a limited selection to try. Though I imagine that he'll be able to come with a head / shaft combo that works pretty well regardless.

Thanks. I will probably go with Frank Viola. I'm not against any of those brands - I just worry that I won't get the best club for me if I only have a limited selection to try. Though I imagine that he'll be able to come with a head / shaft combo that works pretty well regardless.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. I live about 15 minutes away from Frank's shop. I'm not in the market for new clubs, but I definitely hope to stop by when I am.

• SPY VIP

I don't know him any capacity whatsoever personally, but by reputation, Frank is one of the top fitters on the East Coast. More telling perhaps, the fitters that I do personally know that do know Frank, speak very highly of him. He's where I go if I were in your area.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I don't know him any capacity whatsoever personally, but by reputation, Frank is one of the top fitters on the East Coast. More telling perhaps, the fitters that I do personally know that do know Frank, speak very highly of him. He's where I go if I were in your area.

+1. I've spoken to Frank a few times back when I tried and failed to schedule a fitting due to my hectic work schedule at the time. On that note, in early spring, Frank is usually booked out a 4-6 weeks, so you'll need some patience.

With the CMBs that just came out though, there's no lack of quality between TM, TE, and Adams.

Archived