TESTERS WANTED! ×

In For Review! - PING Anser Driver

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Some samples of the Anser Driver arrived today. By now you know it's the first adjustable driver from PING. What the hell took them so long? I don't know, but I'll be sure to ask. At a glance it looks a bit like an amalgamation of the G20 and the I20 (with the obvious addition of adjustability). PING has definitely figured out how to make good looking clubs without compromising performance (not even a little).

The guys will start testing these this weekend (or early next week), so a the review shouldn't take long to post. If there's anything you want to know, ask now, and we'll answer in the the review.

AnserDriver-1.jpg

AnserDriver-2.jpg

AnserDriver-3.jpg

AnserDriver-4.jpg

AnserDriver-5.jpg

AnserDriver-6.jpg

AnserDriver-7.jpg

AnserDriver-8.jpg

AnserDriver-9.jpg

AnserDriver-10.jpg

AnserDriver-12.jpg

AnserDriver-13.jpg

AnserDriver-14.jpg

AnserDriver-15.jpg

AnserDriver-16.jpg

AnserDriver-17.jpg

AnserDriver-18.jpg

AnserDriver-20.jpg

AnserDriver-21.jpg

AnserDriver-22.jpg

AnserDriver-23.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

That flat black crown and the face groove pattern make that a sharp looking club!!!

If there's anything you want to know, ask now, and we'll answer in the the review.

I'd like to know if the +- 1/2Ëš adjust-ability makes any meaningful distance difference for the testers.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

That flat black crown and the face groove patern make that a sharp looking club!!!

I'd like to know if the +- 1/2Ëš adjust-ability makes any meaningful distance difference for the testers.

on

Will do. We never really talk much about it, but we almost always end up tweaking the drivers every time we review and adjustable. Mark and Lou, for example almost always get their best results with the face closed. Brian and myself generally do better with the face slightly open. For Sid and Nick it varies (though neutral is probably the most common result).

We will certainly experiment with the loft settings to see what gives each tester the best result.

As you guys probably know, PING is very much a custom fitting company (even if the nature of the business dictates they make their products available off-the-rack like everyone else). It's important to PING that they have the opportunity to provide properly fit drivers for each of our testers. With the Anser they've done just that, and I suspect that will be reflected in the performance numbers.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Sharp is an understatement. I love the look of it and HOPE it plays as well it looks. I think I started drooling a little bit when I saw it.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

love the matte black finish!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Looks great, and it appears they finally put a little effort into making the headcover look nice. The G20 and I20 headcovers were so cheap...

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

i love how they match the weights to the shafts, the ahina has the lightest head.

with that said, they cld have given consumers an adjustable weight

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Hopeing the review will include some verbage relative to the different shaft performance. Looks like from the pics that PING furnished you guys with all the available stock shafts which I understand are the real deal aftermarket shafts not the "made for". So shaft performance will be key to me.

This driver is on my short list to try out......also the Titleist 913 D2. I understand Titleist has devised a way to change the loft without changing face angle in the 913. If I am not mistaken this is a first.

Archived