TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Tour Staff Contest Prizes

Tyk

New irons?! Amazing how these companies have really gone out of their way to make these prizes perfect. The contest sponsors deserve as much praise as can be heaped upon them!

I got my TaylorMade clubs today! I'm going to take the driver up to the fitter in the morning because I don't know how to interpret the fitting sheet to set it where he had me! Hoping to play tomorrow but even if I can't I'll go practice and will get to play this weekend if it doesn't rain!

Post the sheet, they're not hard to decipher.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're coming I'm having camera issues. :angry:

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'll get some pictures today on the range before I swing them the first time, the pics come out much better in the sunshine. Although if you want to see a TM R11 or RocketBallz, all you gotta do is go to any golf course and find a golfer!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Rev, I hit my Adams for the first time today. Feels very solid! J.P. from Scor called and said my wedges shipped Friday so I should get them today or tomorrow. Keith from Bettinardi sent me some teaser pics of my putter today. Imagine this with red/black/white paintfill, a black PVD shaft, and a red Iomic grip. Most likely gonna be the coolest putter in history! :P

DSC_0331.JPG

DSC_0332.JPG

Sweet, I guess I should have stopped in Bettinardi's shop when I was out there for the Ryder Cup. I always wanted to see if Mr. B would make me a custom 355 gram with the BEE in the cavity and sole. What's the specs of your putter? it's always nice to have a 1 of putter especially when it's made by one of the master putter makers ever!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Okay so not the best because I'm still having camera problems. What I didn't have a problem with was that three wood today. Hit the driver okay, not great, okay, the three wood? Three for three. Shot 76 - not bad - I'm getting closer to playing the way I'm capable of playing again - hit a few not so great shots but did hit a few good ones and didn't hit any terrible ones.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Seriously...who else wants to punch Matt in the face and take his putter?

Well I'd like the putter better if it had my name on it. That said Matt is one lucky M%H#&! Now to answer your question about punching Matt in the face, I'm a bit too old to start punching people in the face for a putter. Although I do have 4 boys from 17-27 that can handle my light work! lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

TW, they built it standard. I'm going Monday to be fit on their putting lab. I'll post specs and pics once they are final.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

They are gonna make adjustments as necessary.

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Can't wait to hear about that Matt

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I bagged my new driver and hybrid yesterday and broke 80 for the first time in two weeks (yes, I know, that isn't supposed to be a noteworthy event for a 4 handicap, its been a rough month or so, what can I say?)

I have a bit of a problem, as much as I didn't think I would, I think I might really like this R11s! I was hitting the ball straight and LONG, I think I've gained 20 yards with it, and my swing is not all put together yet, there's more there!

I bagged my new driver and hybrid yesterday and broke 80 for the first time in two weeks (yes, I know, that isn't supposed to be a noteworthy event for a 4 handicap, its been a rough month or so, what can I say?)

I have a bit of a problem, as much as I didn't think I would, I think I might really like this R11s! I was hitting the ball straight and LONG, I think I've gained 20 yards with it, and my swing is not all put together yet, there's more there!

That's great Tyk -

I was looking for that same thing, clearly I had it at my fitting, I could see both the new one and my old one side by side. I also had it on the practice range warming up for the round but it didn't translate onto the course yesterday. I hit my driver fine mind you just not the distance results I was looking for. Now I will say that I was playing a new course, it was very tight especially the first few holes and so I think I was a bit timid - I'm going to try and get out next Friday on my league course (I don't normally play there in the off season) so that I'll get a good point of comparison at a place where I'm comfortable and where I know how far I would normally hit it.

The three wood was another matter, long and straight - almost as long as the driver frankly - I used to have a huge gap between three wood and driver - I was hitting driver around 230 yesterday and 3 wood 220 plus. If I can get that driver out to close to 250 which is where I was in my fitting and also where I was on the range based on how far it was carrying, I'll be happy.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yeah Rev, I've gained a ton of distance at the long end of my set, it might make me reconfigure my gaps. I can hit my Adams XTD 15* 240, the 21* RBZ Hybrid looks like it is 220.

It was interesting on the range yesterday because it was one of those aqua ranges - I normally haven't liked them in the past but this one had big cement blocks with the yardages clearly marked on them so that it was very easy to see how far you were carrying the ball.

I carried my old 3 wood, pick a 3 wood, any 3 wood around 190 perhaps a bit more but never 200 - I was flying my 3 wood well over 200 on the range and it didn't matter if it was tee'd or off the turf. With roll on the course I hit it 218, 226 and 221 - that really works for me. That would make me a club shorter than a guy like Tyk which is about where I should be - I'm plain old not that long anymore - I am straight and I am consistent when I'm playing my game - I was close yesterday, very, very close.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and pictures of your new equipment. There are a whole lot of jealous MGS readers out here!!

I am considering making a purchase of a new wedge and am curious if you guys really think the SCOR wedges are really much better than any other brand. Let me know, Thanks!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and pictures of your new equipment. There are a whole lot of jealous MGS readers out here!!

I am considering making a purchase of a new wedge and am curious if you guys really think the SCOR wedges are really much better than any other brand. Let me know, Thanks!

I really like the Scor wedges. Might be in my head a little but I feel more confident with them and I am hitting better bunker shots. I would certainly get some more after I wear these out.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I really like the SCOR clubs, I owned 3 of them before I won two more in this contest, so I was already a big fan. I previously was gaming Mizuno MP-Rs and Scratch 1018 wedges, which I really liked as well, but they are on the bench for the foreseeable future.

What I think stands out about SCOR is the grind and the weighting, the grind is great off all lies, sits square better than any ground wedge I've had, and opens up just fine too, so it's easier to hit full shots with these than the MP-Rs because they sit down square more naturally, and there's very little compromise when you open it up.

The weight is pushed up higher behind the face, so you get better performance when you hit the ball a groove or two high, which is easy to do out of rough or even first cuts.

Personally, I think they are worth it and I was going to buy what I ended up winning. Actually cancelled the order I'd made the day before. I can't definitively say they are better, it really is a personal thing, but I play them by choice, not just because I won them!

Last of the pics, my new R11s and RBZ Tour!

TMNoCovers.jpg

I'm having the same experience with these as Matt (KYgolfer). I've gone from being a get it out bunker player to where I am confident of the trajectory and landing spot on the green out of the sand. What is more it doesn't really matter whether I'm using the 55 or 60 because of the design of the wedge - here to fore I had to really open up my lob wedge to create enough bounce to use it from the sand.

They are also sensational out of a tight lies around the green and on full shots - I'm trying to get their yardage system dialed in but haven't had the time other than I love the fact that I can grip down pretty far and not be on metal. I don't have enough experience out of deep rough around the green to comment there. They are very easy to open up and flop and to control on shorter shots.

However you have to keep in mind that Tyk, Matt and I are better players - we all are single digit types. The SCORS do have a blade like/players look to them with minimal offset so that might be disconcerting for some.

I hope that helps - I'd highly recommend them and would purchase them in a heart beat at this point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got my Bettinardi this week. It is absolutely stunning and I'll post about it this weekend as well as my fitting experience. Work 12's next couple days in the meantime.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Be safe and save some lives Matt!

I also got my reshafted irons yesterday so I'm done - I'll post pics later today or tomorrow - I worked a 12 yesterday and have a long day today too.

I think this means we've all received all of our prizes though - props to T and the OEM's!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks Rev,

I am currently playing a Cleveland CG16 60 degree wedge but am looking to fill a gap between that and my Callaway X18 pitching wedge which I believe is 46 degree. I have been hitting the PW around 120 to 125 and am looking to find a good 95 to 100 club. I am thinking a SCOR wedge may be the perfect fit and if I like it as much as you guys seem to like yours I may end up replacing the two clubs mentioned above with SCOR wedges also.

Thanks again to you and all the other helpful spies out there!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

Thanks Rev,

I am currently playing a Cleveland CG16 60 degree wedge but am looking to fill a gap between that and my Callaway X18 pitching wedge which I believe is 46 degree. I have been hitting the PW around 120 to 125 and am looking to find a good 95 to 100 club. I am thinking a SCOR wedge may be the perfect fit and if I like it as much as you guys seem to like yours I may end up replacing the two clubs mentioned above with SCOR wedges also.

Thanks again to you and all the other helpful spies out there!

That must create a huge gap! In reality you should put two clubs in that space - SCOR recommends no more than a 5 degree gap with 4 degrees being preferable - I have 5 but that's because I'm not as long as some are. Good luck!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay here is everything represented in this picture. The hat is from sub 70, the shoes Tru Linkswear, the Garmin GPS Neo watch, a box of the Bridgestones, the Bettinardi is next to the Fli-hi so you can see that beautiful new shaft, the SCORS are in the front of the bag, you see the F11, the hat is on the 3 wood and the Adams 20 degree a 12 Idea Pro is dressed in yellow.

It's still hard to believe that these clubs are taking up residence in my house and most of them in my golf bag - the Fli hi is going to have to earn its way in and the Bettinardi is going to someone from my church but I've been holding onto it for this pic - kills me to see it go but its hard to get this many votes on facebook without making some promises. ;)

This entire thing has been a blast - my package was billed as in excess of $3,500 and I have no trouble counting it as that much at retail if not significantly more. The driver retailed at $400 but has an upgraded shaft - $500 - the irons retail around $800 but have upgraded shafts $1,000 and on and on it goes through the bag - then there was the TMag wood fitting - $500 oh and Avery said the door is open for me there any time I want to come back should I not be satisfied - the 3 wood is the expensive adjustable one, the SCOR wedges are $150 a piece, the hybrid 2 bills, the Tru Links Wears and the Garmin are another $500 and we're at $3,500 and then there's the outfit from Sub 70 and the 6 dozen balls from Bridgestone.

Quite a haul.

Thanks to all the OEM's, to MGS, particularly T and Matt, to my Facebook friends and to you guys for coming along for the ride.

Now its time to go and learn how to hit all of this stuff. Had the irons out on the range this afternoon - they'll do. First full shot was with the gap wedge to a flag that was 105. In fact I hit 3 in row that you could have thrown a blanket over all within 15 feet of the pin and at least pin high - I was struggling to get the GW to go 100 with the steel shafts and that was on the course with good balls. These irons will do. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got my Bettinardi this week. It is absolutely stunning and I'll post about it this weekend as well as my fitting experience. Work 12's next couple days in the meantime.

I'm so stoked to see the final product and your story of your fitting! Should be a great read... and the putter I know will be so sweet!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Very nice setup Rev, let us know how it goes with the new shafts.

Two range sessions in and I can tell you that I've got the shaft in the best sense of the world. Better shaft head combo than my old irons and I was pretty good with those. These are 10 grams heavier, more stable and the swing weight is two points higher -

I hit about 100 balls with them today - 5 shots with each club lob wedge through driver and then went back and alternated between 8 iron and 7 iron for a number of shots before hitting a couple of 50 yard lob wedges and going home - with stops at starbucks, the grocery store and the liquor store in between but that's a tale for another thread - check it out you may get a laugh out of it.

Back to the Mizunos. My first 5 seven irons made a pattern like Orion around the 150 flag - one shot about 10 feet left, another dead on the stick, another about 10 feet right, and then two more around 20 feet left and right - that's a pretty nice, tight consistent shot pattern - all were right around hole high or a bit past it and I was hitting them into the wind. Where I had trouble hitting my GW 100 with the old shaft/head set up I'm hitting it 105 effortlessly with this combo - didn't hit a single shot fat with my new clubs today - the miss hits were a bit thin but nearly all of them flew and then ran out to the same distance as my flush shots - just a bit directionally challenged.

I could play with these irons tomorrow and feel perfectly comfotable - but I might tic off the couple that I'm marrying tomorrow were I to do that so I'll have to wait about two weeks for my next round. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 5 years later...
On 9/14/2012 at 2:53 AM, Tyk said:

Figured I'd start a thread to share with you all what I won in the contest! My Trues were the first prize to arrive, love the look, this will be my first Phx, so I'll tell you all what I think of them after a few rounds! White-Yellow-Green.jpg

Wow, congratulations the shoes are looking awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 7:15 AM, RalphEzell said:

Wow, congratulations the shoes are looking awesome.

I hope your shoes feel nice but one size to small

I've been play golf since I've been small

I wish you luck and your blisters are very small 

I just once can win something other then a sleeve of balls

Archived