Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Tour Staff Contest Prizes

Tyk

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JBones, Nashville is the closest TMaG performance center. It's at the Gaylord Golf Course Complex. I'll hit ya up once it all gets here.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Okay I got nothing today - was really hoping for those Mizunos - but I did play - used the watch, the balls (well ball) and the wedges. Where have those things been hiding all of my life anyway? I hit the 55 dead on 90, the 60 75 - choke down to the 1st dot and it takes about 10 yards off automatically. The spin is great - those KBS tour shafts feel like magic and the most amazing thing is out of the trap (I wasn't in any for real but warmed up and then also dropped some balls in traps throughout the course of the day.) I normally suck out of the trap - I have a shallow approach and I'm a get it out and on the green so that I can putt type of trap player - chunk and run is really my most effective play - not anymore my friend, not anymore.

Shot 73 on a course with a rating of 72.1 and slope of 135 so it was a very solid round - particularly given that I was trying out 2 new wedges and the greens were still a bit bumpy from being aerated. I left a few birdie putts short in the throat and also missed at least one putt because of the punches.

Hit 12 fairways - really hoping I pick up some distance with a complete fitting from TMag - that's my goal!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

No presents for me today either. T emailed me the contact info for my Mizuno fitting around 2 my time. I called them immediately after I saw it. We were slow at work so I drove over and had it around 345. Decided it was time to check my ego at the door which is something that's tough to do. Had my heart set on MP 64's with the KBS C taper shaft. Ended up with the 19 Fli-Hi, JPX(not pro) 825 4-7, and MP 59 8-PW with the Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. The fitter was big on the JPX and asked me to try it out. I was flying the 6 iron 190 yards! That is literally 20 yards farther than my current Titleist CM 735 6 iron. That helps the ego thing pretty well. Also found out I needed 3 degrees upright on my irons which is something I had never considered. Can't wait to get these and see how much they improve my ball striking!

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Too cool that you have a bastardized set - T told me that his Mizuno guy gets off on that - so I got creative based on how I did with each iron and what I know about my game - my fitter will find out and probably hang me for it - he's something else and now T is threatening to send me to him for the Taylor Made fitting to - of course the guy's a genius and so I'd love it if I got to go back to him.

I went in looking at the MP-H4's - I did hit those well but was just too good with the JPX's not to include some of them in my set and I was really good with the JPX pros also - not as good with the 64's - it's just that time for me - I'm over joyed with the 170 to 175 that I got out of it so you were really spanking it - length is not my thing anyway - 190 is normally a 3 hybrid for me - I had 3 190 shots today and put 2 of them on the green - actually had a great look at birdie off of one them - I was thinking - next week this will be an iron shot for me - pretty cool!

I'm not long but I'm straight as you know what.

You're the travel guy - do you ever get to Florida?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I hit the MP4's but they didn't feel as solid to me. May have just been bad swings but every swing with the JPX was solid so I couldn't ignore it. Fitter told me he just sold a set of JPX to a 1 handicap at Victoria National which would equate to a +3 or so at most courses. If he can hit em, no reason I shouldn't be.

I was at Disney a few weeks ago but didn't golf. It was family time. I usually go somewhere every year if I can save up enough money. Bandon Dunes was this year and is absolute golf bliss! Only golf trip to Fl was Sawgrass 2 years ago. It was very nice, almost aced 17. Hit a 9 iron right over the pin and it spun back a little right, stopped at 8". It was a great memory. Without a doubt, I will visit Streamsong Resort which will soon open 30 min north of Lakeland. It's gonna be special.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

30 miles north of Lakeland is not far from me. I'm supposed to go to Sawgrass for my TMag fitting - still hasn't been scheduled but our new member in Jacksonville is a member there and has told us there's a web.com tour event there in a couple of weeks, no doubt that' the delay.

I really do think that Mizuno has put itself in a tough position with the MP4's - you only try a middle iron - you don't really get the full combo impact at all when you go for a fitting.

Of course there are any number of people who will buy off the rack - I'm sure that's what they're banking on.

Have you gotten your scor wedges yet or have you ever tried them? Sharp looking club - couldn't believe how easy they were to hit out of the sand - I was in one trap yesterday and got up and down with ease - I was short sided in that trap too - never gotten up and down from there - really opened my son's eyes up - "You're not going to get good at this part of the game now too are you Dad? I'm never going to beat you."

Unlike Tiger I think he's intimidated. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm going to work hard this winter. I'll have the correct clubs for my game, no reason I can't get to 2-3 handicap next year!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm going to work hard this winter. I'll have the correct clubs for my game, no reason I can't get to 2-3 handicap next year!

:D

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I was out of town since Friday, was certain the Scor box would be here when I got back but it wasn't. Hoping tomorrow! (really hoping!)

Sounds like a very cool set Matt, I'm going to do something like that myself!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Matt - did you get any of the lofts on your MP 59's strengthened to match up with the JPX's or are you going to wait and see in regards to gaps?

I'll tell you what the way I hit those scor wedges I better be dog gone good with the Mizuno Gap Wedge or it's going in a corner and I'm ordering another scor in a heartbeat -

I can't wait to hit those clubs again.

Looked to me like Justin Rose also has a very shot shaft on his TMag driver - Interesting that their pros are playing with shaft lengths 44" or even under (Luke Donald's is 43.5) while they market 46. I'm looking at trying a 44" just for kicks when I get fit - too me that shorter shaft with the black club face looks like you can hit it on the nut every time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Matt - did you get any of the lofts on your MP 59's strengthened to match up with the JPX's or are you going to wait and see in regards to gaps?

I'll tell you what the way I hit those scor wedges I better be dog gone good with the Mizuno Gap Wedge or it's going in a corner and I'm ordering another scor in a heartbeat -

I can't wait to hit those clubs again.

Looked to me like Justin Rose also has a very shot shaft on his TMag driver - Interesting that their pros are playing with shaft lengths 44" or even under (Luke Donald's is 43.5) while they market 46. I'm looking at trying a 44" just for kicks when I get fit - too me that shorter shaft with the black club face looks like you can hit it on the nut every time.

I broke my Talamonti shaft on Saturday, that I put in my R11 on Friday. Waiting to hear from Phil but I would imagine I erred and got it too hot when pulling the Callaway sleeve off of it, So I now have the perfect shaft for an R11 3 wood which I do not have. I will probably go with the longer shaft in the driver, at least initially, and get an R11 head for the 3 wood to go on the other shaft.

Then use the 3 wood more and maybe have the driver as a big bomber. Since I did not carry a backup driver on the course, I had to play the last 2/3 of the round with a 3 wood. The interesting thing was I was the second longest off the tee still, and the longest off the tee in the fairway. I only used the driver 6 times today. Of course it was the back up anyway.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Sorry to hear about that shaft - you were stoked about it.

Nice thing about a slow swing speed is that you don't break shafts or heads or anything else. My one kid seems to break everything he looks at or touches - well other than the reactor on the sub - he better not break that - I never let him go near my equipment that's for sure. He'd probably find a way to break the bettinardi just trying to hole a 3 footer with it. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev, they are going to bend the 59's 2 degrees strong to compensate for the JPX setup. That does leave me a little gap with the wedges I wasn't counting on. I'll jump from 44 to 50. I'm also gonna have to take the Scor's to the golf shop to have them bent 3 degrees upright. I learned a little about my swing at the Mizuno fitting. Early Tuesday, I drive down to Nashville for the TMaG fitting. Then on the way home I'm going to get a lesson with a guy named Tyler Parsons at Olde Stone in Bowling Green. He is on Matt Killen's staff there(JB Holmes, Kenny Perry, Paul Azinger). I have heard good things about him so should learn alot more about my swing.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Rev, they are going to bend the 59's 2 degrees strong to compensate for the JPX setup. That does leave me a little gap with the wedges I wasn't counting on. I'll jump from 44 to 50. I'm also gonna have to take the Scor's to the golf shop to have them bent 3 degrees upright. I learned a little about my swing at the Mizuno fitting. Early Tuesday, I drive down to Nashville for the TMaG fitting. Then on the way home I'm going to get a lesson with a guy named Tyler Parsons at Olde Stone in Bowling Green. He is on Matt Killen's staff there(JB Holmes, Kenny Perry, Paul Azinger). I have heard good things about him so should learn alot more about my swing.

You'll be a new man - golf wise - by the start of next season. I had all of my lies bent two degrees flat and my irons shortened from 1/2 long to standard this past winter and those two changes made a world of difference (I thought I'd gain distance with the longer shafts - stupid - who cares about distance with the irons - I've actually gained a few yards by having the shafts shortened because now I've added an overdrive to all of my clubs - I can go after it with very acceptable results if need be.0

I'm hopeful that my Mizunos will be here today - I play in league tomorrow and there is also a side game I play in with the lower handicap league guys so I won't be playing with them then but I have a vacation that starts Saturday - I intend to work them into my set next week.

Still don't have my TMag fitting date set - I suspect this is because of the Web.com tournament over at Sawgrass.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay, so I had my TMaG fitting this morning. Chase in Nashville was a great guy and if his numbers carryover, I'm gonna gain some serious yardage. He had me hit my Driver, 3 wood, and 2H then we experimented until he got the numbers he was looking for. Here are stats for my current clubs and what TMaG recommended.

Club- Current Carry Total Distance

Titleist 910D2 9.5 with

Ahina 72g Stiff shaft 243 267

Titleist 910F 13.5 with

Ahina Sflex 213 244

Adams V3 17 with

UST Axivcore tour green 204 228

Club- Recommended Carry Total Distance

R11S TP 10.5 with

TP RIP Phenom 65g S flex 262 289

RBZ Tour 14.5 with S flex

RIP TP 80g 241 271

RBZ Tour Hybrid 16.5 with

S flex RIP TP 85g 225 244

Quite the difference if it carries over, I hope it's true!!! To top it off, Tony emailed me and said TMaG was going to ship on Thursday. Can't wait to game these bad boys. I also had a lesson scheduled on my way back home in Bowling Green, KY at a really nice private course called Olde Stone. When I got to the learning center, only me, my instructor Tyler Parsons, Kenny Perry, and his instructor Matt Killen were there. I said Hi to Kenny but didn't wanna bug him, it's evident he is a really nice guy though. Good Stuff!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

That's an awesome fitting story Matt and even better to run into Kenny Perry on the range. I'm hoping to pick up at least 15 yards with a good fitting myself. Please, please, please Mr. Fitter sir please.

This pic is my sub 70 outfit - the lovely young lady beside me is mother to four of my grand children - my oldest, Justine.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Nice pic, I think I got the exact same shirt. Hopefully I get a package today when I get home from work.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Matt was your fitting solely indoors or a launch monitor or did you take it outside as well?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Cool outfit Rev, maybe I'll like the Sub-70 stuff more than I expect! Still nothing new to post on my end, really got excited when you guys got your Scor clubs but they haven't found their way to me yet.

• SPY VIP

Cool outfit Rev, maybe I'll like the Sub-70 stuff more than I expect! Still nothing new to post on my end, really got excited when you guys got your Scor clubs but they haven't found their way to me yet.

I'm telling you...the Sub70 stuff is AWESOME. I hand-picked these sponsors myself, and I wouldn't have approached Sub70 if I didn't think they made an outstanding product.

RevKev...how do you like those pants?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I know T, I have no doubt that it is high quality! I'm just a bit leery about it as when I was browsing for my stuff I was having a hard time picking something that really jumped out at me. It isn't their fault by any means! I'm just not a "fashionable" type guy I guess! I try to match my hat and my shirt, black shorts or pants, and will do what I can with the shoes.

I'm looking forward to being converted!

I love the pants - fit great, nice and cool - the people on the course flipped over the outfit - every time I get something new people notice which is an opportunity for me to talk up the sponsors. The up and down with my scor 60 on 18 didn't hurt either - it was from the hay field.

Right now the Sub 70 stuff is on clearance - My wife has threatened to order me another outfit for Christmas - we'll see - she might go for the puple yet. :rolleyes:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev, my fitting was in a bay. I hit into a net initially and then they opened up the bay so I could hit into the practice range. I'm hoping my Scor wedges are there today.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

The only TM fitting center I know of here is the new high tech 3D fitting setup at one of the big local shops, I'm hoping that is where my fitting will be!

I for some reason thought you'd already received your Scor wedges Matt. I'm somewhat relieved to hear you haven't, not because I want you to wait but because I was a bit concerned that mine were the only ones to have not shown up and I was starting to think there was a problem. You guys haven't seen your Adam's stuff either have you?

No, I have just gotten Bridgestone's, shoes, and Bushnell watch so far.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

My Sub 70 package came today. Really nice stuff! Shirts fit well although I will have to wear an undershirt under one as its white on the sleeves and both of my shoulders are tatoo'd and show through. Belts and hats are great, pants are very nice as well. I ordered a little small on the pants but am working on dropping a few more pounds anyway. I may very well order some more from their site. Hoping the Scors might show up tomorrow!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Archived