TESTERS WANTED! ×

What every happened too

TwoSolitudes

These looked pretty cool at the show. Never heard anything about them again....

Mercedes%20AMG%20Formula%20One.jpg

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Man, two spelling errors in the title. I should not be typing without my glasses

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

No one knows? They just showed up at the golf show, then drove off into the distance?

In Play

Warming the bench

• SPY VIP

I have spoken to them a couple times since the show. We were very interested in reviewing the new driver and irons. Irons were my favorite from the show. They stated we would have them in for review soon....time passed so I contacted them a couple more times.

The answer they gave was they still were not done designing them and they needed to get approved by Mercedes-AMG before they could get the go ahead. So not sure if we will ever see these. Not really sure why they had the booth there showing off the product for vendors if they were this far from being released. Kind of odd, but not much surprises me anymore.

#TruthDigest

These clubs seem to me just like show clubs you put in an office.

But I think anyone who knows anything about golf will know that these cant be as good as Mizunos and etc. (until they are tested). I know alot about the AMG badge and i would never think that they would equate it to the best.

In my opinion i think that if Mercedes can sell these clubs to people(possibly ignorant people) at a premium price then they should do it. Isnt that what Edel is doing with those $3400 irons? there is no way that those irons cost even half that much to make.

Asia, Russia and the arabian Gulf states will definitely be a market for clubs like these. They love to show of their gear. Show how much money they have. Not talking about the average golfer but the ones with an oil field and their own football club.

That reaks of arrogance to me. What in the hell does Mercedes know about a golf club? At least Ferrari partnered with a golf company. I don't know, I'm probably making much ado about nothing cuz I respect X's opinion a lot so if he says they're impressive, you can bet that they're impressive, however I still think that it's the epitame of arrogance.

Just a thought.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I'm pretty sure if you can build an S65 AMG you have the tech to build some golf clubs hehehe. I'm pretty sure Mercedes would have partnered with some golf company (remained undisclosed) in order to build up their clubs. I guess its difficult so judge if something works before actually trying it...

I doubt you'd reverse that and say "well I bet if you can design a great golf club, you can build a Mercedes".

Why would a companies expertise in a completely unrelated field lead you to believe they should be a knowledgeable and competent golf company? I guess that belief is precisely what they are counting on!

I'd no sooner buy a Mizuno car than a Mercedes golf club.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Well I still thought they looked great. And from what I read they were not going to be priced like the gold plated Williams or that ridiculous Ferrari club, but rather sit right at the same range as the major OEMs. So maybe not so attractive to the Dubai set after all....

The air channels in the woods seemed to take a page from Nike and write a book with it- so I thought that was interesting. I also thought the design of the woods looked like the weight was placed back and high (or middle)- instead of back and low... could be wrong, but that might bring spin way down. And the irons look sharp and pretty original too.

Yeah yeah I know its AMG and what do they know about golf- but just like a no name brand it should be about performance, not just the name right? Ignore that it says AMG- and you have a really nice and unique looking product line.

And just to connect this to another thread... imagine that this had a Wilson Staff badge on it. We would be talking about how Wilson is back in the game!

How come AMG can come up with something original looking and Wilson with all their history can't seem to get it right.

Anyway I would have loved to see how the line performs.

In Play

Warming the bench

Yeah, of course TS, I'm just playing a bit! The drawing does look good, and MGS said he was eager to see them as well. It doesn't make any more sense to NOT play a club because of the name on it than to play a club solely because of the name. I'm from Missouri, you gotta Show Me!

If these ever come to light, I'll be just as interested as the rest of you in finding out what they are all about!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think it's pretty awesome that luxury car companies are starting to get into golf (this, Ferrari/Cobra, Lambo w/ the Diablo Octane...). I don't want it to dominate the market but it is a cool thing to watch progress. I'd like to hit this one to see if the high cost will really be worth it...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Man, the gear I saw in their booth at the show was BEAUTIFUL and I would LOVE to get them out for a round to try.

It was shocking how nice of a booth they had setup to not be releasing product immediately.

Entirely well too funded to not be selling product yet.

I doubt That Mercedes has any Direct involvment with golf clubs. Probably they Have just licensed the logo to some naive and underfunded company. This could explain why there is no Product out after One year.

Lamborghini has done so in the past (and went out of Control)

If you play golf, you're my friend

lol. You're right. It happens every day. That's the amazing thing.

It's that thing about doing what's always been done, the way it's always been done, and somehow the results are going to be different this time..lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I learned to ignore such products long ago. It's not that they are necessarily bad. They are just gimmicks out to exploit a trend. Way back there were sets of Irons purportedly made from the screws of the Queen Elizabeth. There were also some perimeter weighted Fila Irons and I don't know how many others produced with different markings or labels.

Some of them actually play well but I classify them in the component category and would rather not give them a try unless they come at negligible cost.

Shambles

Archived