Paul S

finally took some pictures of the setup

Our Sponsors

... ummmm... Just saw a set of Fluid Feels (in town!!!) for $100. Do I need another set of vintage Staffs??? I already want to have the '76 blades refinished.

Somebody please talk me out of this.

It's the snow!!! If we could just get out and play I would stop guessing at what I need!

Ok, I know it's too soon to really say this, BUT my 2014 bag is set... With the exception of the bag itself. I still want one of the new W/S Nexus bags. 

Here goes.

Starting things off with the new putter. I think that I have finally found the perfect putter. It's got more toe hang that my other Yes! putter, and it looks more classic. The feel is also even more solid. This putter will probably need to be pried from my cold dead fingers.

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Now to the wedges. I recently had them fitted and bent and the difference was night and day for quality of contact.

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

Now, the irons. No, you cannot have them. Go buy your own.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

And now the hybrid and woods. I resisted gaming the hybrid for no reason until I actually compared it to the TEE CB4 last time I was at 2ndswing. Turns out the W/S is a no-brainer. Who knew?

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

And finally, the whole bag.

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Now I just need to suffer through the next 10 months of winter here.

Bonus Pictures!

Australian Blades!!!

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

That's a cool putter, I'm probably going back to my Wilson 8882 putter because I like the look a lot and I miss the feeling of a metal putter.

Also for the woods, you should try out the new Wilson line-up.

That's a cool putter, I'm probably going back to my Wilson 8882 putter because I like the look a lot and I miss the feeling of a metal putter.

Also for the woods, you should try out the new Wilson line-up.

Once I learned that my strong arc was ideal for this type of putter I knew to keep a lookout for the right one. I can't even describe my excitement over finding the putter I found. I actually stalked it more than a couple of times at 2ndswing, hoping that it didn't get snagged before I got the chance to take it. 

It would take a really exceptional club to knock out my woods. I've never had better numbers vs what I have now, and I've tried very sincerely to. My embarrassing brand loyalty will probably get me to try them when I get a chance though. 

That's the only problem with that style of putter, I probably don't have the right stroke to really benefit from it. I think I have a slight arc and my Wilson has 6 o'clock toe hang, not an ideal match.

Like the sole grind on the wedges. Did I read correctly that the 60* was bent up to 69* ?

Like the sole grind on the wedges. Did I read correctly that the 60* was bent up to 69* ?

Haha, oops. Yes you did, but I meant 59*. A 69* wedge might be fun sometimes though.

Ok I was wondering if you were trying some kind of Phil flop. I am now clear on the typo

Well, I thought I was resisting new products pretty well... Until Wilson posted a picture of the Centennial Edition NeXus bag.

Nexus_100_Year_Bag_Extended_Main.jpg

So I've got one ordered.

Does anyone want to buy a really nice Mizuno bag???

Well, I thought I was resisting new products pretty well... Until Wilson posted a picture of the Centennial Edition NeXus bag.

attachicon.gifNexus_100_Year_Bag_Extended_Main.jpg

So I've got one ordered.

Does anyone want to buy a really nice Mizuno bag???

Snappy looking bag Paul!  Send me a pic of the Mizuno bag -- can't remember what it looks like….

Snappy looking bag Paul!  Send me a pic of the Mizuno bag -- can't remember what it looks like….

There are some pictures in this thread. Page 3 has a decent one in which you can see the dividers and stuff.

Haha, oops. Yes you did, but I meant 59*. A 69* wedge might be fun sometimes though.

My 64* lobby is great fun to play with... Just need to make sure you don't hit yourself in the face with it >.>

sweet looking irons!

Thanks! I'll probably never be able to get rid of them.

Well, even though I love the Pro Gear CG 100 putter, I sometimes wish that I had a blade putter for a bit more stability. I tried a Metal X Mid that was cut to 35" and counterbalanced, but it was face-balanced and probably a hair too heavy to really work for me.

So… I traded up. I kept the CG 100, but I noticed the most awesome putter ever at 2ndSwing and it might just be the perfect blend of quality, roll, weight, balance, and looks. 

Without further ado - the mint condition Yes! Abbie Tour Forged. It's similar to a Callie, except for the slant neck. It's forged, and CNC Milled, and the head feels like it's around the 355gram range. It has unmatched feel and roll, and I haven't been this excited about a new club in a long time. It also wears the BestGrips puttershoe nicely, and a BestGrips putter grip is on it's way now from Zach. Can't wait!!!

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg