TESTERS WANTED! ×

(True or False?) Y.E. Yang

GolfSpy_X

Sure... why not... there are varying levels of being a spy... he could have been a runner or something like that, kids are good for stuff like that since people never suspect them...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I'm basing my answer (guess) purely on the fact that this would be a totally random thread/fact to invent. I'm hoping the MGS will give us some more details shortly.

See and that is where you have fallen into their trap. I present the following for your logical mind:

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

Man in Black: Then make your choice.

Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?

Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]

Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.

Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.

Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink ]

Man in Black: You guessed wrong.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly,his smile frozen on his face and falls to the right out of camera dead]

Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.

Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

What the (bleep) is this nonsense?

No Princess Bride for you? For shame. It is one of the best scenes for the power of logic in thinking.

Great 2 min icebreaker video clip for a class logic discussion too.

Volvo Intorqueo

No Princess Bride for you? For shame. It is one of the best scenes for the power of logic in thinking.

Great 2 min icebreaker video clip for a class logic discussion too.

I had a sense that it was from Princess Bride. I've never seen it, but I know that it is oft quoted...by nerds.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I had a sense that it was from Princess Bride. I've never seen it, but I know that it is oft quoted...by nerds.

I may be a nerd, but you are the paranoid one calling poor YE Yang a spy. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

I am going to have to say TRUE....since he, like most all Korean males, did a stint in their armed services, being a spy could very well be considered working in intelligence. Not necessarily infiltrating the North and stealing documents.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Paranoid? Hardly. I never assumed he was spying on us. He's from a friendly nation.

You think friendly nations do not spy on each other all the time??

Wiki this: Jonathan Pollard.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

• SPY VIP

The link is me ;) ...just never wrote an article about it Moe.

Got a link to a news article/story that you can post, please?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

The link is me ;) ...just never wrote an article about it Moe.

Is one coming? Hopefully I can enjoy reading it while Matt gives me grief for doubting his Duke U logic. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived