Nickent Driver (That Never Was)

GolfSpy_X

Too bad they went under, they made some pretty quality stuff. Only plus to this is that you can get stuff for next to nothing.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Too bad they went under, they made some pretty quality stuff. Only plus to this is that you can get stuff for next to nothing.

That is true, you can find Nickent stuff for dirt cheap. The downfall is that you don't have the quality assurance of the product or the comforting fact that you know they are there if there are any issues.

I found a deal on their 3Dx DC's last year at Dick's. so good, that I bought the 1,2,3 & 4 Hybrids. I paid about $80 after my Dick's reward points were used.....That way I can switch them around based upon the course, wind and weather conditions. I generally carry the #2 hybrid.

I also think they were on the right track with the 3DX RC combo set. It looks like a terrific set.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft & 0811 XF w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Titleist T300 48* GW w/Fubuki MV Senior shaft and SCOR 4161 54*/57* wedges V sole & Genius 10 shafts…Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts on back burner for now.

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

the green paint somewhat cheapened their clubs, but they were for sure a quality company.

Maybe true, but the smaller companies have to do something to get the product noticed by the consumer. Obviously it was not enough. It seems like more people liked the clubs than actually bought them.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Maybe true, but the smaller companies have to do something to get the product noticed by the consumer. Obviously it was not enough. It seems like more people liked the clubs than actually bought them.

I agree with the paint scheme for Nickent. They had to do something to stand out in a crowd of OEM's. Nickent made some good products. My last driver was the 4DX and it was one of the best drivers I have owned. I would still be playing it if it was lower in loft.

It is sad that in innovative company like Nickent tied its future to interchangeable shaft drivers and went belly up. However, that is the way the market is supposed to work.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   Stealth 9° Graphite Design Tour AD XC Stiff
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Anser (inbound)  Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

So what really happened with Nickent? I thought they were really doing well on the mini tours with their hybrids. Did their investment in interchangeable shafts really lead to their downfall or were there other contributing factors involved?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

So what really happened with Nickent? I thought they were really doing well on the mini tours with their hybrids. Did their investment in interchangeable shafts really lead to their downfall or were there other contributing factors involved?

I would be interested in this too. The closing seemed really fast. I thought that they actually had a buzz growing with their product. Green looked good to me too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...