TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nickent Driver (That Never Was)

GolfSpy_X

Too bad they went under, they made some pretty quality stuff. Only plus to this is that you can get stuff for next to nothing.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Too bad they went under, they made some pretty quality stuff. Only plus to this is that you can get stuff for next to nothing.

That is true, you can find Nickent stuff for dirt cheap. The downfall is that you don't have the quality assurance of the product or the comforting fact that you know they are there if there are any issues.

I found a deal on their 3Dx DC's last year at Dick's. so good, that I bought the 1,2,3 & 4 Hybrids. I paid about $80 after my Dick's reward points were used.....That way I can switch them around based upon the course, wind and weather conditions. I generally carry the #2 hybrid.

I also think they were on the right track with the 3DX RC combo set. It looks like a terrific set.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

the green paint somewhat cheapened their clubs, but they were for sure a quality company.

Maybe true, but the smaller companies have to do something to get the product noticed by the consumer. Obviously it was not enough. It seems like more people liked the clubs than actually bought them.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Maybe true, but the smaller companies have to do something to get the product noticed by the consumer. Obviously it was not enough. It seems like more people liked the clubs than actually bought them.

I agree with the paint scheme for Nickent. They had to do something to stand out in a crowd of OEM's. Nickent made some good products. My last driver was the 4DX and it was one of the best drivers I have owned. I would still be playing it if it was lower in loft.

It is sad that in innovative company like Nickent tied its future to interchangeable shaft drivers and went belly up. However, that is the way the market is supposed to work.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

So what really happened with Nickent? I thought they were really doing well on the mini tours with their hybrids. Did their investment in interchangeable shafts really lead to their downfall or were there other contributing factors involved?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

So what really happened with Nickent? I thought they were really doing well on the mini tours with their hybrids. Did their investment in interchangeable shafts really lead to their downfall or were there other contributing factors involved?

I would be interested in this too. The closing seemed really fast. I thought that they actually had a buzz growing with their product. Green looked good to me too...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived