Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Advice on putter fitting

Aotearoa_Brad

Hi all, just looking for your thoughts/advice re putter fitting. I've never been fit for a putter and, having read some of the forums since joining MGS, am convinced of the importance of this before shelling out on a new (or new for me) flatstick.

I'm all the way down here in New Zealand so don't expect you guys to be able to tell me who a good fitter is locally, but I'm interested in what I should be looking for from a putter fitting, is there a 'gold standard' for a putter fitting process? What kind of things should I make sure are considered when a fitter takes me through this process?

Appreciate your assistance with this.

• 2 weeks later...

The putter fitting article is a great read. I met Bruce when was across the street at swan lake.

The SAM unit is a great piece for letting you know what you are doing with your current putter.

But what you need to know is what putter can help you with the thins you do.

Test for length maybe eyes are not in the right spot to see the line,

test for AIM once length found check for AIM using different offsets.

Check for weight. and where the weight goes on the putter.

Bottom line the ball has to get into the hole

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived