Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

OFFICIAL MyGolfSpy Club Testing - TaylorMade RocketBladez

Tony Covey MGS

The RocketFuel shafts are probably the same low quality steel shafts we've seen in every other Taylormade distance marketed GI iron. I don't think they're out to market those, because the ones they are aiming these irons at don't care about the shaft.

According to the email I got from KBS their shafts are stock for the Rocketbladez

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

According to the email I got from KBS their shafts are stock for the Rocketbladez

KBS is stock in the Tour model. Those 85g RocketFuel shafts are stock on the standard version.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

They had posted this on their Facebook page too.

The KBS TOUR shaft is the stock option for the new TaylorMade RocketBladez Tour iron! See our announcement here! http://kbsgolfshafts.com/community/news/press-releases/item/194-kbs-shaft-stock-in-new-taylormade-rocketbladez-tour-iron

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I was guessing this - that's awesome

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Right, the tour models usually do have KBS in them, and the TP series from 2010 had DGs in them. Good shafts on the players irons, crap ones on the regular old cheaper GI models.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I'm not going to be so quick as to declare them crap until I hit them. I'm sure either KBS or True temper produced them. That said, I'm also relatively certain that the folks at TMag picked what they thought would work best for the largest majority of players.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm not going to be so quick as to declare them crap until I hit them. I'm sure either KBS or True temper produced them. That said, I'm also relatively certain that the folks at TMag picked what they thought would work best for the largest majority of players.

I am definitely assuming, buts in years past the stock hafts in the RBZ and Burner irons are not very good, smooth, or consistently manufactured. Cheap, for lack of a better word. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same case with the RBladez.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Alright team I am sorry I am very late on this, I have recently been moving into our first house and with a family of four it has taken up all my time. I do have access to 4 public courses and one private.

The current model and flex of your irons: Adams Pro A12 w/ KBS C taper stiff

Your Handicap: 12

Your Age: 31

Are you Left or Right Handed: Right Handed

Do you know your iron specs: Yes

Tell us which 2 companies make the best irons in golf- Mizuno and Adams

Tell us which 2 companies make the worst irons in golf- Nike and Cobra

Upload an original photograph of a piece of golf equipment in your bag right now

Using one of our ULTIMATE Reviews as a template, write 1-3 paragraphs describing ONE of the following aspects (your choice) of the club that appears in your photo:

LOOKS

SOUND AND FEEL

PERFORMANCE

I was actually hoping to see if I could switch this up a little bit. I just got a new 4X5 golf mat by www.dwquailgolf.com and all the equipment that I own mygolfspy has already done a review on. Please just let me know if this would be ok or not. I could do a review on my Ping putter.

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Okay I said I wouldn't but given what is being tested I'm going to anyway. I would remind the MGS staff that I live in Florida and so can play/test year round. I would certainly understand if the submission is too late and thank the MGS staff for its invitation to participate and its consideration regardless of its decision in that regard.

Handicap: 2.6

Age 56

Dexterity RH

Iron Specs 6 iron 30 degrees, 2 degrees flat, Graphite design G-Tech R flex, standard length.

2 best iron makers: Mizuno, Ping

2 worst: Cleveland, Callaway

Performance

The SCOR 4161 is billed as a multi purpose wedge with a dual sole capable of being used from a wide variety of lies. The weight shifts progressively lower as the loft of the club increases making it easier to hit a wide variety of shots around the green. Pictured here are the 55 and 60 degree wedges. In testing out of the sand both clubs perform extremely well gliding through soft sand and digging easily under the ball in wet sand. The 60 is the easiest 60 this tester has ever used from the trap lifting the ball out with little effort and plenty of bite. It has quickly become the go to club from the trap.

Both wedges are very good off of tight lies both on full shots and around the green. They are easy to hit out of heavy rough but they do produce occasional fliers from light rough. The spin from fairway lies on full, part and pitch shots is well above average even for a low spin player.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Alright team I am sorry I am very late on this, I have recently been moving into our first house and with a family of four it has taken up all my time.

Congrats on your first home.....it's a great feeling.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Oh man I missed that - congrats on the house skihippy, that's awesome.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

OK Guys...here's the announcement you've all been waiting for. We've picked 3 winners to test the new TaylorMade RocketBladez irons.

Honestly, I wish I could send a set to nearly everyone who applied, but it doesn't work like that. A few of you got eliminated based on your handicaps (some of you are just a little too good for what we're looking for...this time). A few of you got eliminated for being left-handed (again...this time), and some more of you got eliminated for living in New Zealand, or Australia, or some other far off place that might be nice to visit.

Essentially, I wanted to fill 3 spots, a mid-high single digit golfer, somebody in the 12 range, and another in the 15-18 range. If you care how I arrived at my decision, it went like this:

One entry, I felt, was overall the best. The author had to be included. That filled one spot.

In another case, the pics I liked so much (and the content was certainly plenty good enough), the author, I felt earned a spot.

That left me with 4 entrants at the mercy of random.org to fill the last spot.

To everyone who applied. Thank You. Please don't be disheartened that you weren't selected. There will be more opportunities...and those guys who got randomed out especially, you will have other chances.

So...without further build-up. The first 3 Official MyGolfSpy Forum Testers are:

WDGolf (the first guy)

Manbearbig (photo guy) (FYI---at least 2...make it 3...of your review photos must include Mrs. Manbearpig)

JBones (random guy)

I trust you're all reading this thread so...I need you to email me (golfspyt AT mygolfspy.com) the following:

Iron Specs:

Length

Lie

Preferred Grip

Preferred Shaft

2nd options for grip and shaft

Your contact info (address and phone number)

Do it now dammit...let's get this rolling.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Congrats guys!

Congrats guys!

Oh, and if ya find you don't like the irons I'll get you my address ;)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

WOOHOO; this couldn't have come at a better time, because I'm just flat out flushing the ball right now. T, I'm emailing you now.\

Thanks.

Haha, I was thinking the same, but for the opposite reason. My swing has sucked the past three times I went out on the course, so we'll see how well the forgiveness works there. Oddly enough on the range I hit the ball really well, strange how that happens.

Thank you very much MGS, this is going to be a lot of fun and I'll try to put the clubs through a meat grinder of tests and see how they compare to my current clubs.

Congrats to WDGolf, Manbearbig & JBones.

We will be awaiting your terrific reviews with mouth watering glares......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Congrats gentlemen! I'm jealous!!!

I'll be contemplating an upgrade from the Burner 2.0s in the next year or so, and your excellent reviews will be most helpful.

Driver: Taylormade R11 9°, Fujikura Blur 60 S-flex

Fairway: Taylormade R11 15.5°, Fujikura Blur 70 S-flex

Fairway: Acer XDS React 18° "Machete", Fujikura Fit-On E-360 R Flex

Irons: Taylormade Burner 2.0, 4-PW, Steel SuperFast 85 R-flex

Wedges: Cleveland CG-14 Black Pearl 52° AW, 56° SW, 60° LW

Putter: Bionik 207 Nano Mallet Belly Putter, 43", Winn 21-inch Red/Black Putter Grip

Putter: Cleveland Classic #2 BRZ, Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Ball: Searching for a Penta TP replacement...

Callaway LR550 Laser Rangefinder

I love these choices because I know they'll do it right which means more opportunity for the rest of us down the line.

Congrats guys - do us proud!

I knew I should have sand bagged on my handicap. :angry: :blink: :huh:

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• SPY VIP

I love these choices because I know they'll do it right which means more opportunity for the rest of us down the line.

Congrats guys - do us proud!

I knew I should have sand bagged on my handicap. :angry: :blink: :huh:

Wouldn't have helped...you've got a whole bag full of new clubs. You're cut-off.

Maybe I should've sandbagged on mine then... Maybe that means they'll send the Tours and I can maybe get in on that group.

In The Bag

Congrats guys! Really looking forward to your reviews and I hope the first round of testing goes well!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Yeah, you guys better do a good job so that maybe they will send the Tours to those of us who claim to have low handicaps.:D Ask RevKev, there is no way I could have a three the way I played last week in Florida.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I went through such a rough patch that I played myself from a 3.5 to a 9.3, which is what I put in my application. I've played myself back down to a 6.8 and it'll be dropping fast based on the way I've hit the ball the last two rounds, that is assuming my putting woes are related to the aerated greens.

I'm pretty stoked about giving these a test run, thanks again, MGS.

Archived