Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

OFFICIAL MyGolfSpy Club Testing - TaylorMade RocketBladez

Tony Covey MGS

Everytime I see a Fed ex truck I froth at the mouth and think of the Wells Fargo Wagon song from Music Man.

Why did you have to go and say that?

I am always getting something off the internet, from golf clubs, to golfballs, cigars, even Dominoes' Pizza and now everything I do it I will be singing, "Oh the Well's Fargo Wagon is a, comin' down the street, Oh please let it be for me..."

Cigars are coming today.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much money do you want to put on it? I believe in what I'm saying and I'll back it up with cash.

You guys still want to tell me Alabama is far and away the best team in the nation? GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Chip Kelly is a genius with ginormous balls.

Yup.

Here is an interesting article on why he makes those decisions:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201211/how-oregon-coach-chip-kelly-can-spark-moneyball-revolution-nfl

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Hey I hit that AW JBones - It was pretty remarkable - It looks better than my Mizuno GW which is a little flabby IMO - It looks like the real deal.

I apologize that I didn't pay close attention to the shaft - I was hitting the graphite anyway - should have grabbed one of the steels to try but was zoned into getting the driver/3 wood thing done.

Can't wait until you guys get your clubs so we can start to hear about it.

One more time for RR, "Oh the Wells Fargo Wagon is a comin round......." :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't see Oregon losing, though I'm suspect of KSU. I'm not saying they will, cuz they shouldn't, however they haven't been in this position enough to be mentally prepared to have everyone gunning for em, & even the poor teams are gonna give em a career effort.

ND? Nice team, we'll see. As JB says, some things have to happen, though it wouldn't surprise me if they're playing for the title.

It's just that I'm so sick of their "subway alumni" fans. I mean we're talkin Irish drunks, guys who can't even spell Notre Dame and people who couldn't get into their local community college. But then again, it must say something for the school that their brand is that strong and widespread.

I really like Kelly & I think that he'll have 'em ready to play every game. I did like Bama(what's not to like?..lol), though I think they'll have too far to climb and not enough time to do it in. Texas A&M? What the hell?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

KSU is in a shaky QB situation and LYS aren't necessarily prepared. ND has proved they can win the big games. Oklahoma - not even a close game, and they were just the 5th tesm to win in Norman since Bob Stoops arrived. ND is the most popular CFB team in America. They're gonna have a lot of weirdos as fans...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

WOW guys Congrats... Also we should just start have a whole section just for college sports.. It would save me a lot of reading for me to know what I already know.. (Irish is going to win)

3 pages of reading for the same knowledge

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Well we were actually the first golf site to not require any post requirement (popularity contest) in our initial "MyGolfSpy Lottery" club testing a couple years ago. And I wish we would have been able to keep it that way, unfortunately many of those testers got equipment and kept it without ever doing a review of the product. So we lived and learned and I don't think there is much value for the equipment manufacturers if we send out equipment and they simply keep it without posting their opinion.

And we do not have a post requirement now either but we did put a couple things in place so this will not happen again. And trust me you don't have to be well liked by our staff, that is not what we are or will ever be about. I think it is pretty well known by now that we allow everyone on our site the opportunity to give their opinions no matter how we feel about them on a personal level.

Heck if this was a popularity contest you would have seen me testing all equipment that comes through MGS. As I am the most popular guy in the golf forum arena! :o

PS: I though this was a thread for application for MGS testing for members not the College football thread????

Also I was sick for the last week and a 1/2 , so I'm sure I missed the opportunity to have a chance to test some golf equipment from this well known company. lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

If TM ever sends out the TOUR version of these Rocketbladez I'd like to have a shot at testing those. Anyone? Bueller?

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

And just like that, ND vs Bama is back on.

I was hoping it would be KSU or Oregon... but Bama will still do :)

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

• 2 weeks later...

And just like that, ND vs Bama is back on.

Not so fast my friend. Keep writing my Dawgs off, we like that role. This weekend is the national championship, and it's gonna be a slobber knocker. And regardless of who wins, they're gonna throttle ND.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

You guys still want to tell me Alabama is far and away the best team in the nation? GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Any questions? LULZ

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

Official MyGolfSpy Forum Member Testing

Over the past year we've been contacted by several golf companies about having our forum members review their equipment. Up to this point we've always declined. Our concern is that forum members, given the opportunity for free gear to test, might find it difficult to be unbiased and impartial. Simply put, we've had concerns that these type of reviews might compromise what we're all about.

That said, within the last several months we've come to 3 important realizations:

1. While we've seen steady growth in the 2 years since we launched the forum, if growth is to continue, we need to offer you guys the same opportunities that other sites do. We know you guys love to play with new toys. If we can make that possible for some, all the better, right?
  2. You guys can handle it. Several of you have already posted reviews of various bits of equipment in your bag. For the most part we've found these member reviews to be refreshingly honest. Positive when positivity is deserved, and less so when it's not.
  3. The forum belongs to YOU. This is YOUR community. Yes, we built the foundation, but day to day, you guys are the ones who do the heavy lifting here. Our role should be to give you the best opportunity to keep doing what you do best...and give you more opportunities when we can.

So with all of that said, here's your first opportunity.

We have been contacted by a golf company (a name many of you will recognize), and asked to select 3 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to participate in a review of a set of new irons. The members who are chosen will be asked to do the following:

1. Post an "unboxing" complete with a 3 photos and your initial impressions.
  2. Write a full review using our "official" review template. This will help ensure a consistency of layout for each of the 3 reviews (and any reviews that follow).
  3. Post a follow-up to your initial review that provides specific information (answer specific questions we provide)
  4. Participate in ongoing discussion and/or answer follow-up questions from the community about the product you reviewed.

Qualifications

• While we have not said a hard minimum on the # of posts you must have to qualify, you must be what the staff considers to be a contributing forum member
  • Demonstrated ability to write a review following a specific template (including formatting)
  • Demonstrated ability to take and post quality photos of golf equipment
  • Must be a resident of the USA or Canada, 18 years or older
  • Must have access to a golf course, driving range, and/or indoor golf course facility for the duration of the review period (if you can't play because of weather, please sit this one out)
  • Access to a launch monitor is desirable, but is most definitely NOT required.
  • Ability to calculate averages (basic math)

* Participating in further Forum Review opportunities will be determined by the quality and detail of your work. We want you to be 100% honest. The tone of the review (regardless of whether it be positive, negative, or somewhere in-between will not be a consideration).

How to Apply

To Enter provide the following information (in this thread):

The current model and flex of your irons:

Your Handicap:

Your Age:

Are you Left or Right Handed:

Do you know your iron specs:

AND Do the Following:

1. Tell us which 2 companies make the best irons in golf
  2. Tell us which 2 companies make the worst irons in golf
  3. Upload an original photograph of a piece of golf equipment in your bag right now
  4. Using one of our ULTIMATE Reviews as a template, write 1-3 paragraphs describing ONE of the following aspects (your choice) of the club that appears in your photo:

• LOOKS
  • SOUND AND FEEL
  • PERFORMANCE

We will choose our first class of official forum reviewers as soon as the OEM we're working with on this project is ready to move forward. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been blessed enough to be chosen to review the rbz stage 2 wood and hybrid. Pleaae tell me what sorts of things you would like to know about the clubs in the review and I am sure that myself and others will try to work them in. I want to give a review that will be helpful to those that make opportunities like this possible; the forum members of MGS. Thanks to all of you who contribute to the forum and make this such a great place to be a member. I am on here because y'all are insightful, helpful, respectful, and fun. The free swag is just a bonus.

Oh yeah, by the way, I know I am getting a little overly emotional-ier here.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Archived