Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Asher Golf Gloves

GolfSpy Tim

Asher Golf Gloves

"You Will Look Better"

Be sure to read through as Asher is offering:

1 free glove of your choice to one lucky reader

1 free hat of your choice to two lucky readers

(Try your luck and read the details at the end of this review)

And for those of you who don't believe in luck, Asher was so kind as to provide MGS readers a 20% off discount code good for the month of October:

MGSROCKS

asher-gloves-9.jpg

Website

Facebook

Twitter

asher-gloves-2.jpg

Walking around the 2012 Orlando PGA Show I couldn't help but notice Asher Golf's gloves - they are umm... LOUD. In case you didn't know, I'm drawn to loud like a hooker to blow. But it took me more than half the year to get up the nerve to approach loud gloves. Why? Because I didn't believe loud gloves could be worth wearing - they had to be be lesser made.

So, I'm here to tell you, as a hooker trying to avoid her dealer, I finally gave in and contacted Asher to get some gloves in. Talk about loud - I got a NEON GREEN glove!!! Oh, and one that is black with white skeleton bones.

asher-gloves-6.jpg

If you ask Asher why you should buy their gloves, they've got a well put together answer:

Why Buy Asher?

Freakin' Awesome Stuff

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

You Will Look Better

You Might Even Golf Better

You will Avoid the Hall of Shame

asher-gloves-8.jpg

It's hard to argue with that list, but I still wanted to try before you buy to make sure you know what to expect from Asher.

First - an obnoxiously loud neon green glove does not garner nearly as many comments as a black and white skeleton glove. The skeleton glove hands down has received more comments on the first tee than any other product I've ever tried (though my Neon Pink shirt for Alial Fital still wins for middle of the course comments from marshalls and randoms)

asher-gloves-7.jpg

I was sad the day I got home and realized I'd lost my neon green asher on the course :-( - but there was an upside - I now had a reason to try the glove I'd been avoiding - their $13 Cooltech Birdie glove had been at the end of my list - it's not leather, but rather a mesh with leather in the palm, thumb, pinky and ring fingers.

Being a sweaty individual (it's bad - one might suggest like a hooker in church) I am prone to need to switch between 2 to 3 gloves during a round to avoid the wet glove syndrome. NOT the case with the Cooltech Birdie glove - I have discovered a glove that devours the heat and allows my hand to breath. On their site Asher claims of the Cooltech "Best Feeling Glove You Will Ever Wear" - I know we all "feel" differently, but I will admit, this is one of the best feeling gloves I've ever put on my hand. Unlike full leather gloves, I never have issues through the round as my hand gets "moist" - the glove never comes out of my bag crusty for the next round - it's just plain comfy and it works.

asher-gloves-3.jpg

asher-gloves-1.jpg

Asher also sent me out a full leather "tour caliber" glove to try. It's still on my bag today, but it plays backup to the Cooltech - which means it hasn't seen any use in several weeks now because of my new love. I don't know that they've released their tour glove on the site yet, but when they do, I'm pretty sure this will keep up with any glove from a major OEM that you've tried.

My vote - go loud - grab a skeleton glove (oh, Asher calls it the Cooltech Deathgrip) - this glove gives you the same feel and function as the Cooltech Birdie - and then provides you screaming loud style that your playing partners will definitely be distracted by.

asher-gloves-5.jpg

I give TWO THUMBS UP to Asher for their gloves. Loud and functional - you won't be let down.

Now about those giveaways:

We will have a total of three different winners - 1 glove, 2 hats of your choice off of Asher's site.

To win, leave your comment with your first choice for your favorite Asher Glove AND your favorite Asher hat - you MUST choose one of each for your entry to count.

Click here to review your favorites on Asher's website and then leave your comment below.

Edit - Winner will be selected on Tuesday, October 9 at 12 p.m. pst.

asher-gloves-4.jpg

asher-gloves-10.jpg

I've always had a freaking obsession with staring at their gloves. They're so awesome! Sadly I've never gotten around to ordering one. That needs to change.

My favorite glove is the Death Grip.

My favorite hat is the MLB style flatbill. I hate pinstripes with a passion.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Glove - Death Grip

Hat - Pinstripe

How small is the small glove - my 8 year old would like the Death Grip. Or do they plan to have a junior line as well?

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I've been looking for a blue glove for a while now since my Sciflex wore out. For $10 I may have to get a couple even if I win!

Glove - Chuck - Hero Blue

Hat - Pin Stripe Ball Cap

Tim, did you find that the gloves are true to size?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Funny, I was going to write a review on these soon, as I bought 4 of the original cabretta Birdies when they were having the HUGE 4 for 1 sale a while back. Been using them for 4-6 months now, in a 2 glove rotation, and love the gloves. They hold up well and look virtually like the day I pulled them out of the package. And at $22.90 for 4 gloves including shipping, I absolutely had to try them. Shame that's over, as I'd have ordered about a dozen more. Love the gloves.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Funny, I was going to write a review on these soon, as I bought 4 of the original cabretta Birdies when they were having the HUGE 4 for 1 sale a while back. Been using them for 4-6 months now, in a 2 glove rotation, and love the gloves. They hold up well and look virtually like the day I pulled them out of the package.

Did you find they were pretty true to size?

Debating between getting one to test or save on some shipping and just order a few right away.

Ive researched these before because it screams "badass golfer" and i like that, and now is my chance to get some of their products.

Glove-White Death Grip

Hat- MLB style flatbill

I've been looking for a blue glove for a while now since my Sciflex wore out. For $10 I may have to get a couple even if I win!

Glove - Chuck - Hero Blue

Hat - Pin Stripe Ball Cap

Tim, did you find that the gloves are true to size?

True to size for me. They do have a sizing chart on their site here:

Asher Size Chart

True to size for me. They do have a sizing chart on their site here:

Asher Size Chart

Thanks Tim! Completely missed the size chart on their site.

Also a good thing I measured, would have been a really tight fit with my first guess.

Did you find they were pretty true to size?

Debating between getting one to test or save on some shipping and just order a few right away.

I wear a large in most gloves (R11, Titleist, Nike) so I took a gamble when they were having that sale and bought all 4 in large. They fit, well, like a glove, lol. They fit exactly the same as the other large gloves I'd tried. There are a small few gloves I've tried that I end up having to buy a Cadet Large in, but the Asher Gloves fit like the above ones do, as far as size is concerned. They're well made too. I couldn't use the size chart, as my laptop screen is a 15.4 inch screen and it doesn't fit on the iPad screen either, LOL, so I just went based off of the gloves I was wearing. We don't have a desktop (well, I do, but it's in the garage and isn't connected to the internet, I keep club build information and music on it for when I'm out in my workshop).

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I wear a large in most gloves (R11, Titleist, Nike) so I took a gamble when they were having that sale and bought all 4 in large. They fit, well, like a glove, lol. They fit exactly the same as the other large gloves I'd tried. There are a small few gloves I've tried that I end up having to buy a Cadet Large in, but the Asher Gloves fit like the above ones do, as far as size is concerned. They're well made too. I couldn't use the size chart, as my laptop screen is a 15.4 inch screen and it doesn't fit on the iPad screen either, LOL, so I just went based off of the gloves I was wearing. We don't have a desktop (well, I do, but it's in the garage and isn't connected to the internet, I keep club build information and music on it for when I'm out in my workshop).

Thanks for the info Rookie. I usually either squeeze into a large or crank down an XL in the FJ lineup. I printed out the size chart and ended up getting 3 of the XL gloves.

I've checked these out on other sites before but never purchased any. That just changed. How could I resist, what with the discount code and all? Looking forward to trying them out. Too bad the red Chuck is sold out in large, though.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Cooltech Deathgrip...that one rocks!!!!

Pinstripe cap.

Thanks!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Giving a serious eyeball to the deathgrip in white.

Tim: Have you had a chance to use them when it's wet or humid out? Any spots that weat easier then others?

I find that some grips are fantastic in standard summer weather but not so good when it's foggy out or the like. Equally I seem to run into issues where certain brands wear out much faster then others where the fingers meet for an interlocking grip for example.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Giving a serious eyeball to the deathgrip in white.

Tim: Have you had a chance to use them when it's wet or humid out? Any spots that weat easier then others?

I'm a big fan of the deathgrip - it's a "Cooltech" which means that it does extremely well in humid/foggy weather. I live on the coast and while we're not extremely humid here, the bit we do have, mixed with my ability to sweat means that the "cooltech" shines through bigtime here - I think you'll fall in love with the deathgrip, and if you don't and you get an ML - send it to me and it'll be used until it wears out ;-)

I didn't find any spots wore more than others - the cooltech gloves only have leather in the areas where you should be truly making any major contact with the club, but when interlocking fingers, there's no leather there - just the cooltech stuff - that said, they haven't worn out abnormally for me yet and I've played probably 10+ rounds so far with the cooltech, plus range time and I foresee them easily going another 20 rounds or more.

Their full leather gloves seem to do what all other leather gloves do when it gets damp.

Cool - thanks for the opportunity.

For gloves, I like the Cooltech Birdie.

For hats, I like the Asher MLB Style Flatbill.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

And the winners are:

Glove - Aotearoabrad

Hat #1 - BK in Wisconsin

Hat #2 - kckymeyer

Congrats to you three and thanks to Asher for hooking you guys up!

PM me your size and shipping address and we'll get things setup for you.

Coooooool! Must be my lucky month :)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Congrats to the winners.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Had to do some travel for work and was gone for a few days. Great surprise to come back to. Thanks MGS and Asher, looking forward to a new lid!!

• 1 month later...

Asher gloves are on sale cheap at Kingdom59 currently.

In The Bag

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Well I was the lucky winner of the Asher glove, and I have to say that I've been pretty impressed with this new piece of kit. I went for the Black Asher Cooltech Deathgrip.

I thought I'd give you a few initial thoughts, but first - some pics:

backhand open.JPG

backhand closed.JPG

top.JPG

palm.JPG

My impressions:

Fit - is excellent. Sizing is on par with other gloves I've worn. I'm always a bit dubious about purchasing clothing/gloves online because I'm not what you'd call a regular fit/shape. The Asher website actually has a printable sizing chart that you just put your hand on to work out your size. I utilised this and the sizing was right on (Cadet fit like it should fit my fat hands). Good work Asher - simple but very effective.

Comfort Level - Honestly, I was blown away. To be fair I don't usually play expensive gloves so I can't compare against top of the line gloves, but I couldn't be happier. No exaggeration, I actually checked once to see that I had my glove on. I have only played a couple of rounds with this so far, but its summer here now and I been able to wear this right through the round no problems (usually I would switch out after nine).

Durability - Still too soon to really tell, but you'll see in the last photo the remnants of a skull on the palm pad... It didn't last the first range session. In my opinion it shouldn't be there anyway. First round the little dome ball marker popped off somewhere on the course as well. I don't use the ones on my gloves so its not a biggie, but IMO this shouldn't really happen. I guess I'm a little sceptical re durability after that, but overall the attention to detail is really good. Not a stitch out of place.

Looks - This is a really awesome looking glove, and I can't fault it. Had a couple of leary comments from some of the old-timers but I'm pretty sure that they were just jealous

Would I buy these? Certainly at this stage I would. Durability is still up in the air a bit, but certainly on comfort alone I would definitely consider it and I'll be keeping a look out for the seemingly regular specials that they have.

I hope this was useful, and I want to thank MGS and Asher again for hooking me up with the swag!

Archived