Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Sunset Beach Pamlico

Pamlico with a hand milled pocket.

One of the great things about our production run of the Pamlico putter is not only the standard ability to choose any hosel, but the hand shaping and changes we can do to them. We can accommodate just about any request to shaping.

Here we show a Pamlico with a hand milled pocket and two different hosel options. Obviously these are not the only hosels you can choose from. The hosels can also be done with more or less offset as well. Let me know what you think.

2010_03210001.jpg

2010_03210003.jpg

2010_03210006.jpg

2010_03210007.jpg

2010_03210010.jpg

2010_03210011.jpg

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

From the looks of the hosel design it would be and if not be very close to face-balanced.

Yes, the top hosel created a perfectly face balanced situation, at 70* lie angle, and it tips the scales at 350.1 grams. I crafted that hosel for a long putter project we were making for a PGA Player, but it never saw daylight. I did two putters and the first one caught his eye enough that the second was not completed.

When Chris requested that Pamlico with the cavity, this hosel was waiting and I thought that is just "fit" the look. Whichever way we go, this putter will definitely please the next owner, or golfers getting to demo it back in NC.

BTW, head is carbon steel, that full-round neck is 303 SS. The heel-shafted hosel is done out of 1018 Carbon steel. Some guys are detail oriented. That info is for them, ;-).

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

I am not sure what finish we'll be putting on this one. If it gets sold, prior to finish, the new customer will have his or her choice. Heck, final hosel design isn't even set in stone on this bad rascal.

Chris is great at keeping the pictures flowing, as long as I don't rest on my laurels and keep them up to date, LOL.

I love the Oil Rubbed Bronze finish, so that may indeed be what winds up on this one. Time will tell.

Thx,

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

I like even how that sounds ...oil rubbed bronze finish. Sounds like a good time on a Saturday night.

Seriously though, is that high maintenance? I get nervous any time I see the words club and oil together in the same sentence.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Wouldn't extra weight in the toe keep it open during the stroke?

I think all other things being equal, yes, it would add to the toe hang, hence "keeping" the putter face open. It might be that the toe is thicker to compensate for the weight of the hosel and keep the sweet spot centered, like on a 006.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Great eyes on the balance, guys. This one is truly a prototype and with our limited R&D Department, (me and my VW on the way to the practice green, :huh: ) each putter tells us a huge amount with regards to the effect the hand milling has on each putter. I'll try to get a picture of this one, dry-fit with a shaft and show the toe hang.

Too much weight out on the toe will indeed cause it to lag............not a good thing for some golfer's strokes, I'll agree. When milling this pocket, I knew that the hosel would carry significant weight, to bring it back to the numbers that are the most popular, today, 350 or up. I kept the toe a bit more substantial than I might have, had it been a Centershafted order or such.

These sorts of questions are very valuable, as we try to get a feel for what guys want, what small details are recognized, and just what the general feel is, for our designs, as well as re-designs.

Keep the comments coming and I'll get a final thought from Chris about which way he would like this putter to go, hosel-wise and get 'er welded up.

Thanks for the views and for keeping the ideas flowing.

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

Great eyes on the balance, guys. This one is truly a prototype and with our limited R&D Department, (me and my VW on the way to the practice green, :huh: ) each putter tells us a huge amount with regards to the effect the hand milling has on each putter. I'll try to get a picture of this one, dry-fit with a shaft and show the toe hang.

Too much weight out on the toe will indeed cause it to lag............not a good thing for some golfer's strokes, I'll agree. When milling this pocket, I knew that the hosel would carry significant weight, to bring it back to the numbers that are the most popular, today, 350 or up. I kept the toe a bit more substantial than I might have, had it been a Centershafted order or such.

These sorts of questions are very valuable, as we try to get a feel for what guys want, what small details are recognized, and just what the general feel is, for our designs, as well as re-designs.

Keep the comments coming and I'll get a final thought from Chris about which way he would like this putter to go, hosel-wise and get 'er welded up.

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

A fellow VW driver, nice. Good idea with the weighting to balance out the hosel, I wouldn't have thought of that.

I'll see if I can find a picture of my SSB Company Car, LOL. '64 Baja Bug, Stock 1600 Single Port, for now. It has been 25 years since I drove a bug or so, but this one came to my wife and I at a very, very good time. Rumor has it we may be adding another VW to the driveway, soon. '02 Passat wagon, but I have to get my fanny to NC to pick that rascal up. My wife and I's extended family has been incredible as I work my butt off between SSB, MannKrafted Customs and the refinishing work.......plus framing during the day. One day, hopefully, I'll be able to do awesome things for them, as well.

Thx,

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

I'll see if I can find a picture of my SSB Company Car, LOL. '64 Baja Bug, Stock 1600 Single Port, for now. It has been 25 years since I drove a bug or so, but this one came to my wife and I at a very, very good time. Rumor has it we may be adding another VW to the driveway, soon. '02 Passat wagon, but I have to get my fanny to NC to pick that rascal up. My wife and I's extended family has been incredible as I work my butt off between SSB, MannKrafted Customs and the refinishing work.......plus framing during the day. One day, hopefully, I'll be able to do awesome things for them, as well.

Thx,

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

I look forward to seeing your future work, you've got some good putters up here so far.

PS: I have a '00 Jetta, and my father has an '01 Passat. They're solid cars.

• SPY VIP

Of the two LaMont, my eye is drawn to the double bend. I think that the heel shaft would be a better seller though and that seems to be more popular.

I just know that I can't hit a cup with the #9 /Del Mar 3.5/ whatever style. Too much hang for this guy

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Great eyes on the balance, guys. This one is truly a prototype and with our limited R&D Department, (me and my VW on the way to the practice green, wink.gif ) each putter tells us a huge amount with regards to the effect the hand milling has on each putter. I'll try to get a picture of this one, dry-fit with a shaft and show the toe hang.

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

Thanks for the response, Lamont. I agree with Sactown, I think with that headshape, a heel shaft would be very popular, as would a double bend. Personally, I'd love to see it with a bit of a higher toe and a plumber's neck.

Thanks for the response, Lamont. I agree with Sactown, I think with that headshape, a heel shaft would be very popular, as would a double bend. Personally, I'd love to see it with a bit of a higher toe and a plumber's neck.

You guys will probably be seeing a high-toe model from me, in the near future, but not necessarily on the Pamlico.

Keep your eyes peeled and I'll show it off here, as soon as it is done. Got some time blocked out at my CNC guy's shop for myself to get on his Bridgeport manual mill. It is great to have access to a mill a little larger than the one in the SSB Garage, from time to time. My CNC guy, http://www.karaskustomsonline.com/ is a good guy and I am very lucky to have him doing my work.

Keep yer eyes peeled, that's all I can say.

Thanks again,

LaMont in AZ

You guys will probably be seeing a high-toe model from me, in the near future, but not necessarily on the Pamlico.

Keep your eyes peeled and I'll show it off here, as soon as it is done. Got some time blocked out at my CNC guy's shop for myself to get on his Bridgeport manual mill. It is great to have access to a mill a little larger than the one in the SSB Garage, from time to time. My CNC guy, http://www.karaskustomsonline.com/ is a good guy and I am very lucky to have him doing my work.

Keep yer eyes peeled, that's all I can say.

Thanks again,

LaMont in AZ

Sounds great, I'll definitely be waiting. I love high toe putters.

You CNC guy's shop looks cool, too. I dig that Model A, really mean looking.

• SPY VIP

Mannkrafted Softtail? :)

LOve the model A on the machine site.

If you ever need people to demo your new stuff, I am sure that Matt and I can find the time. :D

Volvo Intorqueo

Mannkrafted Softtail? :)

LOve the model A on the machine site.

If you ever need people to demo your new stuff, I am sure that Matt and I can find the time. :D

True enough. Though with a SSB putter heading to the big tour, I don't think they need clowns like us.

• SPY VIP

True enough. Though with a SSB putter heading to the big tour, I don't think they need clowns like us.

Shhhh

I am sure that they need the input of the mid and high capper demographic. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

We're not high handicappers, we're "aspirational" golfers. You're right, though, everyone needs feedback from varying levels of players.

Need to put that on my status - "aspirational golfer". I like it.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Need to put that on my status - "aspirational golfer". I like it.

Thanks, I think I stole it from Titleist. They use the term to refer to players who are good and want to be really good, but I think it applies equally well to chops who want to be decent.

Thanks, I think I stole it from Titleist. They use the term to refer to players who are good and want to be really good, but I think it applies equally well to chops who want to be decent.

Well, that is certainly where I fall. LOL.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived