Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

3Bays GSA Pro Golf Swing Analyzer

Hi Guys,

I saw this device promoted on the front page by Golfsmith. It looked interesting so I purchased the device and started using it this week. The results have been eye opening. I will post details in the days to come.

Here is a link to the makers website http://www.3baysgsa.com

God Bless

bart

very interesting .. keep it coming !

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Portable launch monitor?!

Price is very reasonable... so the question is... how accurate is it?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hard to say. I've reached out to them for a review but haven't heard back yet. Our big tech shootout with Golf Sense, Swing Byte, and Swing Smart is coming VERY SOON.

Looking forward to reading it :D I´ve used GolfSense and have SwingByte on the way. GS had a software update recently. Added some new features.

I agree with wdgolf. Two separate devices doesn´t make sense.

Yay!

+1 on the review

I am just wondering how consistent this would be if it is only taking video from the butt end of the club your swinging????

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

+1 on the review

I am just wondering how consistent this would be if it is only taking video from the butt end of the club your swinging????

Consistency is one of the major sticking points with any of these devices. I think the butt end sensor sounds about as good as any in terms of not having it move around during the swing. But that's just "seems like" which doesn't count for beans.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I hate the fact that they sell separate devices for Android and iOS. This is simply a software difference and the only reason to sell different devices is greed. Unless their software is heads and shoulders better than the competition, I'm not interested for this reason alone.

It doesn't make sense why this wouldn't work. I don't own any android devices, but I have a friend who does. I will check to see if the Android version of the software pics up the IOS unit.

The same situation with Tiger Woods: My Swing app. I emailed them asking why wasn't there a version for Android and they replied with some marketing bullshit. It's not a technical limitation, it's all about the money.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

It doesn't make sense why this wouldn't work. I don't own any android devices, but I have a friend who does. I will check to see if the Android version of the software pics up the IOS unit.

Without going too deep into specifics about moving information over the air, when they send the information from the device to the iphone/android, they can add meta information in. All they would have to do is check what type of device it is and have the software "fail" when it doesn't match up.

That or there software itself can only be accessed by inputting a serial code from the device, which checks the version.

• 1 month later...

The biggest thing with this item is I think it should remove the distance part of the read out. There are just too many variables that determine distance for anything that doesn't read the launch characteristics to even consider giving a distance number.

I found the other measurements to be very accurate, the animated swing path is very helpful and comparing it to video captured with the V1 system I found it to be extremely accurate. The club head speeds are a few miles per hour faster than I see on the Foresight we use for fittings, but I always felt that the club head speed numbers are a little low on the GC2 unit.

I like that it is so portable and comes with a nice little protective tube that doesn't take up a lot of space in the bag, but keeps the unit well protected. The price point isn't terrible either, I saw Golfsmith is offering a $25 gift card with the purchase of one of these units.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

• 4 months later...

I have given it a try at the range. Here is my 2 cents on the the subject. I am not a good golfer, but working hard to better my game.

The 3BaysGSA PRO is the least obstructive of all the devices i have seen on the market. It fits in the hole on top of the grip, and you will barely notice it after getting used to it ( you still notice it at the first several tries, just because it is a foreign object to the club after all).

Setting it up is easy, just follow the quick start guide on the accompanying software, available on Play Store and AppStore. As long as you've used a bluetooth headset, you will know how to pair the device to your smartphone or tablet. Its really that simple.

One thing to keep in mind,you must align the arrow on the device to the marking on the grip of your club. This will ensure the accuracy of the readings. Minor adjustment is needed from time to time, but this is not a big issue with me.

I tested it out with my scoring irons, just to get a feel of the accuracy of the device. Overall I am very satisfied with the reads. I do not expect to compare it with Trackman or any other stat of the art swing analyzer, as this thing is a fraction of the cost and much smaller. It gave me enough feedback to know what I was doing and how to adjust my swing. The display is easy enough to see and understand, especially with my swing path. Anytime I am not drawing a half circle from my backswing to my downswing, my shots tend to fly all over the place. But thats just me. The tempo is also another good parameter, as I can see if I am swinging too fast. Again, when my tempo is 2:1, the balls either slice to the left or hook to the right. But when it is 3:1, or even 4:1, my shots fly out straight.

I was able to record a golf pro's swing with the 8 and 9 irons, and compare it with my own, a very useful feature. I also recored a couple swings I thought were great and set them up as my best swings to compare with future ones. This way, I can duplicate it and hope to achieve it consistently. This is also a feature on the app wich lets you track, in %, how often you can repeat your best swing.

I need more time to play around with it to really understand the full use of all the parameters. But so far, I am happy with the product. Will test it out with the Driver and other clubs in my bag.

• 4 weeks later...

My problem with my Driver is that I tend to slice it every 3 shots I take. To correct this, I turned to the GSA device. It showed that I lean in after a coupe of shots, suggesting, to me, that I try to force my swing on the way down to create more force in hopes to improve my driving distance. Of course, I failed everytime I did that and neglected the most important parts of golf: consistency, precision and accuracy. This will not automatically make me a better driver, but at least it identified a problem I have and I can work on it. By no means this is the savior of my swing, but I can now focus on developing a smooth and consistent swing and in due time, add more power to my drive once I have corrected my mechanics.

Archived