TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Bag (INVENTION) Well Maybe...

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I was just sitting here thinking about how to improve the golf bags that we lug around the golf course. I have not looked this up through the patent office. But it would seem logical to have a couple wheels on the front side of the base with a pull out extendable arm...similar to luggage that would make this a hellova lot easier.

What do you guys think?

#TruthDigest

I was just sitting here thinking about how to improve the golf bags that we lug around the golf course. I have not looked this up through the patent office. But it would seem logical to have a couple wheels on the front side of the base with a pull out extendable arm...similar to luggage that would make this a hellova lot easier.

What do you guys think?

I saw one like this once, it wasn't that great. I don't remember the brand, but it was a small company.

The pull-out handle may have to come out at a diagonal when one considers the length of the woods and driver. In addition, something at the base may be needed to prevent the bag from rolling/slipping away because of the wheels.

But yeah, I like the idea overall! :)

Just pay a caddy or get a lighter bag... :) Thats my stand on it... Golf was meant to lug around your clubs and still play.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

That' s like saying no need to invent the golf cart or why invent the hybrid. And while we are at it lets go back to packing our balls with feathers.

Just pay a caddy or get a lighter bag... :) Thats my stand on it... Golf was meant to lug around your clubs and still play.

#TruthDigest

A small, rechargeable battery pack, intergrated through out the bag. Maybe the ability to recharge your cell, your GPS. maybe even a built in GPS/Golf Pro system with a display screen built into the bag. I like the cooler pockets that drain from the bottom of the bag, mine has 1, but would love 2! Built in in wet/dry pocket, for washing and drying your clubs or balls.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

That' s like saying no need to invent the golf cart or why invent the hybrid. And while we are at it lets go back to packing our balls with feathers.

To each their own. I still ride a cart when I am offered a ride. But grabbing your clubs, throwing them on your back, and walking is, I think, one of the best things to do. I am one of the young guys on the board so I can see where I am some what biased. The hybrid and ball part I have to disagree with you on. The bag doesn't affect how I play. The ball does. I have caddied for a guy one day and the course was somewhat empty so he let me hit a few. I didn't feel a difference in how I swung the club.

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

I am not referring to how you play I am referring to any type of advancement in the industry.

To each their own. I still ride a cart when I am offered a ride. But grabbing your clubs, throwing them on your back, and walking is, I think, one of the best things to do. I am one of the young guys on the board so I can see where I am some what biased. The hybrid and ball part I have to disagree with you on. The bag doesn't affect how I play. The ball does. I have caddied for a guy one day and the course was somewhat empty so he let me hit a few. I didn't feel a difference in how I swung the club.

#TruthDigest

Times change. The sport has to adapt to those changes. I just like to carry my bag and if I am the only one crazy enough to like doing so then I am okay with it.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

• SPY VIP

A small, rechargeable battery pack, intergrated through out the bag. Maybe the ability to recharge your cell, your GPS. maybe even a built in GPS/Golf Pro system with a display screen built into the bag. I like the cooler pockets that drain from the bottom of the bag, mine has 1, but would love 2! Built in in wet/dry pocket, for washing and drying your clubs or balls.

And a tapped keg and a car stereo playing Journey...

:rolleyes:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

I think that you may be mixing the ideas of could such a bag be made and do you have to use it. My 70 year old mom plays twice a week. She uses a cart, never rides. It is one of the pure joys of her retirement. Your strong bias toward walking somehow suggests that the rounds that she plays with her friends are less than they could be. She would not make two holes if she had to carry, and that would be a shame. There is no such thing as caddy on her local muni and her fixed income would not cover one if there was.

By saying "Just pay a caddy or get a lighter bag... Thats my stand on it... Golf was meant to lug around your clubs and still play." you alienate a large segment of the playing population.

Saying that you would not use one is one thing, but saying that others shouldn't too is a little over the top.

Volvo Intorqueo

I think that you may be mixing the ideas of could such a bag be made and do you have to use it. My 70 year old mom plays twice a week. She uses a cart, never rides. It is one of the pure joys of her retirement. Your strong bias toward walking somehow suggests that the rounds that she plays with her friends are less than they could be. She would not make two holes if she had to carry, and that would be a shame. There is no such thing as caddy on her local muni and her fixed income would not cover one if there was.

By saying "Just pay a caddy or get a lighter bag... Thats my stand on it... Golf was meant to lug around your clubs and still play." you alienate a large segment of the playing population.

Saying that you would not use one is one thing, but saying that others shouldn't too is a little over the top.

Well good for her... :rolleyes: Than I just alienated a large segment. They will live.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I saw one of these. It was a Dartek as far as I remember.

Didn't impress me one bit. It looked bad actually.

Exactly. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but these have already been invented.

• SPY VIP

Exactly. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but these have already been invented.

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Datrek-Club-Roller-IDS-14-Golf/dp/B000FIV2OK

This one is a cart bag though. the wheels are just to get to the cart.

I think that MGS was suggesting one with built in wheel system to use as a push/pull cart.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Yes similar for sure...but with a better wheel system and a more ergonomic handle...but that is the basic idea for sure.

I believe so, yes. Is that what you guys were explaining?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Bigger wheels on fold out legs with a third wheel that somehow folds from the bottom

Maybe sitting on its side flush with the bottom of the bag and then turning out when in use

Volvo Intorqueo

How about some big knobby tires... like on the lunar lander? Oh, and a cup holder. Don't forget the cup holder...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

How about some big knobby tires... like on the lunar lander? Oh, and a cup holder. Don't forget the cup holder...

Now we are getting somewhere. Suspension would be nice and unique in a cart.

Volvo Intorqueo

Everything develops over the years and shows progress in design and innovation, why shouldn't the golf bag? I vote against a tracking device so your wife knows where you are though.

A cover, you flip up to show a 5-8 inch display screen. When you start your round, instead of a score card, you get a small dvd. You insert it, it contains all the course info, range finder, allows you to keep score ans track of all your stats. It is rechargeable with a cord built in the bottom of the bag. I think in the future, we will see the intergration of these devices into the golf bag.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Everything develops over the years and shows progress in design and innovation, why shouldn't the golf bag? I vote against a tracking device so your wife knows where you are though.

A cover, you flip up to show a 5-8 inch display screen. When you start your round, instead of a score card, you get a small dvd. You insert it, it contains all the course info, range finder, allows you to keep score ans track of all your stats. It is rechargeable with a cord built in the bottom of the bag. I think in the future, we will see the intergration of these devices into the golf bag.

As long as the weight and durability factors for such a device are OK, I would be interested in this. Would keep me from throwing the 60* at the bag too.

Volvo Intorqueo

I like the built in cart idea - why buy two things when you can buy one?

While we're innovating, I would like to see someone improve the rain hood on golf bags. I feel like the zipper in unwieldy and by the time you unzip, pull your club, and rezip, you're club in hand is wet and so are the ones in the bag. Thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Everything is already light weight and small in this dvd, playback, ipad industry, so it would be no problem to get this into the bag, and be water proof.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I agree the Rain Hood has some room for improvement for sure.

I like the built in cart idea - why buy two things when you can buy one?

While we're innovating, I would like to see someone improve the rain hood on golf bags. I feel like the zipper in unwieldy and by the time you unzip, pull your club, and rezip, you're club in hand is wet and so are the ones in the bag. Thoughts?

#TruthDigest

Archived