TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Bag (INVENTION) Well Maybe...

GolfSpy_X

There were a number of built in carts made and sold many years ago. They came with legs that folded out, large and small wheels and I don't know what else. The common problem with them was that none of the wheel set ups had sufficient durability so those unhappy owners ended up putting them on pull carts.

Shambles

• SPY VIP

I'm envisioning a Jetson-esque plastic bubble that is spring loaded to snap back into place after you pull your club.

Like this?

http://www.theclubumbrella.com/

used one for a light drizzle round with the cart.

way less of a pain than the zipper hood and they stayed dry

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Like this?

http://www.theclubumbrella.com/

used one for a light drizzle round with the cart.

way less of a pain than the zipper hood and they stayed dry

We used to sell that in my golf store. More correctly, they were for sale, no one ever bought one. It does seem like a better idea though, and I'm pleased to hear that it works. It just doesn't quite fit my Jetsons image.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

We used to sell that in my golf store. More correctly, they were for sale, no one ever bought one. It does seem like a better idea though, and I'm pleased to hear that it works. It just doesn't quite fit my Jetsons image.

I got one for free from one of the mags for subscribing. used it with my cart bag that I pack for riding days and it was great. Way easier to deal with the headcovers and such.

never would have bought one though...

Volvo Intorqueo

I got one for free from one of the mags for subscribing. used it with my cart bag that I pack for riding days and it was great. Way easier to deal with the headcovers and such.

never would have bought one though...

Yeah, trying to fight headcovers back under the zipper is never fun. The more I think about it, the more that umbrella makes great sense - the clubs never have to get wet, even when you pull a club out, you just lift the umbrella higher. I might have to go down to the store and offer than $1.50 for one of those.

• SPY VIP

Less stiff? What is your rain cover made out of? Mine is just nylon, and if anything, I wish it were more rigid.

The one on the Sq Tour stands tall and turgid. Not much volume in it though. Big nike headcover is not it's friend. Pom poms are out of the question.

Volvo Intorqueo

The one on the Sq Tour stands tall and turgid. Not much volume in it though. Big nike headcover is not it's friend. Pom poms are out of the question.

So you're saying my giant Blue Devil probably wouldn't work either? I keep my OEM headcovers for rainy days.

It's interesting that there's that much variance in rain covers, all the one's I've ever had were pretty mushy.

• SPY VIP

So you're saying my giant Blue Devil probably wouldn't work either? I keep my OEM headcovers for rainy days.

It's interesting that there's that much variance in rain covers, all the one's I've ever had were pretty mushy.

The nike one is stiff and the one that I have for a datrek cart bag is stiff too. My old Ogio bag had more of a thin nylon one though.

Volvo Intorqueo

The nike one is stiff and the one that I have for a datrek cart bag is stiff too. My old Ogio bag had more of a thin nylon one though.

I've had Ogio and Sun Mountain, and they're both the thin nylon type. I'm glad that this topic came up, because I might be getting a cart bag soon (since I either ride or push) and this is something that should factor into my decision.

Exactly. My Titleist one is the same way, and I don't like it.

Exactly. My Titleist one is the same way, and I don't like it.

What model & year is your Titleist bag? Titleist bags = Sun Mountain, and my bag's cover is not rigid at all. I wonder if this is something that changes depending on the model, or a change they made over time.

• SPY VIP

With age, it should get more flaccid and limp, not stiffer. titleist=sun mountain, izzo=callaway (?), are there other "stealth" brandings like that?

Volvo Intorqueo

With age, it should get more flaccid and limp, not stiffer. titleist=sun mountain, izzo=callaway (?), are there other "stealth" brandings like that?

I will ignore the joke possibilities here and stick to golf bags.

I understand your point, I was suggesting that perhaps one year they made a stiff raincover, then decided to change to limp, or vice versa.

I don't know any other stealth brandings besides those two...does anyone know who make TM bags? They might be produced in house.

Many people do just keep the raincover in the large pocket. It may be better to have it flexible for that purpose rather than when covering.

That's exactly how I store mine, and that is a good reason to make it flexible. I suppose my Jetson's helmet raincover would need to be stored in the trunk until needed.

• SPY VIP

That's exactly how I store mine, and that is a good reason to make it flexible. I suppose my Jetson's helmet raincover would need to be stored in the trunk until needed.

I only bring it when there is a chance of heavy rain. It stays in the garage as an effort to get weight out of the bag.

Something that would not be an issue if the bag had a built-in cart system (getting back to OP).

Volvo Intorqueo

I only bring it when there is a chance of heavy rain. It stays in the garage as an effort to get weight out of the bag.

Something that would not be an issue if the bag had a built-in cart system (getting back to OP).

Since mine might as well be attached to my push cart, I don't care too much about weight. Got about 6 gloves in there even though I don't wear one...couple dozen balls...few hundred tees.

Once the bag is up on wheels, I too go from 7-11 to supermarket content. 6 gloves without wearing one is a touch strange though...

I carry all the gloves that I have, which is 6. 2 of them are rain gloves, which I will use when it's raining. If I'm absolutely dripping sweat, I'll wear a glove, but the rest I carry so that I can give them away to friends.

• SPY VIP

I carry all the gloves that I have, which is 6. 2 of them are rain gloves, which I will use when it's raining. If I'm absolutely dripping sweat, I'll wear a glove, but the rest I carry so that I can give them away to friends.

So playing with you is like getting beads at mardi gras? :)

I need to buy a new on on the way home actually...

Volvo Intorqueo

So playing with you is like getting beads at mardi gras? :)

I need to buy a new on on the way home actually...

Perhaps, but I don't have "requirements" for getting a glove the way some people have them for getting beads. It's more of:

"Crap, I forgot my glove"

"Here, now I only have 3 gloves I don't wear. Please don't lift up your shirt."

What model & year is your Titleist bag? Titleist bags = Sun Mountain, and my bag's cover is not rigid at all. I wonder if this is something that changes depending on the model, or a change they made over time.

x86, and it is a couple years old.

Archived