TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Release from Taylormade Official

Ice

• SPY VIP

I just wish they'd stop lying to the public about their golf clubs. Tell people that the real reason you hit the TM 6 iron further than Company X's 6 iron is because the TM one is actually a 4 1/2 iron! The lofts on these clubs are ridiculous!

I get your point, but I'm not sure you can really call it lying. Specs are clearly available, and tolerances aside, the clubs are what they manufacturers say they are. At some point the consumer needs to hold some accountability for what they ultimately purchase.

And not for anything...there is something real that happens at a psychological level when you're hitting a 7 instead of a 6...even when you know better.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

My favorites are the real-life cross-section pics showing the RBZ irons vs. the RocketBladez.

Agreed, it's pretty slick.

Callaway did the same thing last year or the year before I believe when they were showing off the Razr Hawk, at least locally. They had a chopped open Diablo, FT9 and FT IZ to show off against the Razr Hawk.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I get your point, but I'm not sure you can really call it lying. Specs are clearly available, and tolerances aside, the clubs are what they manufacturers say they are. At some point the consumer needs to hold some accountability for what they ultimately purchase.

And not for anything...there is something real that happens at a psychological level when you're hitting a 7 instead of a 6...even when you know better.

I'm the LAST guy who's going to say that jacking up lofts is ok (hell, I wrote this mega rant about it), but T is right: golfers are stupid and have the unbelievable ability to block out everything but the number on the club.

My dad is a perfect example. For YEARS I've been telling him about jacked up lofts, longer shafts, etc, to try to make him understand why his buddies are "longer" than him. If anyone should understand, it's him. Then he got fit for the new Wilson D-100's, strong loft city, and he's ridiculously happy with how far the ball goes. Part of his brain knows that the reason is strong loft (at least in part, the shafts help, too), but it's the quiet part. The loud part says, "SWEEEET, I'm 2 clubs longer!!!"

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'm the LAST guy who's going to say that jacking up lofts is ok (hell, I wrote this mega rant about it), but T is right: golfers are stupid and have the unbelievable ability to block out everything but the number on the club.

My dad is a perfect example. For YEARS I've been telling him about jacked up lofts, longer shafts, etc, to try to make him understand why his buddies are "longer" than him. If anyone should understand, it's him. Then he got fit for the new Wilson D-100's, strong loft city, and he's ridiculously happy with how far the ball goes. Part of his brain knows that the reason is strong loft (at least in part, the shafts help, too), but it's the quiet part. The loud part says, "SWEEEET, I'm 2 clubs longer!!!"

Does your dad know how far he hits each club? In the end, that's all that matters.

I couldn't care less about the lofts on the clubs. You don't have to be a genius to see what's going on and put together a nice set with wedges and hybrids. It's not like our golfbrain stops working just because a 5i is now a 6i.

For me, the 6i is my 195 club. In my head I call all my clubs the distance I hit them. When I see a shot and look at the bag, I never say to myself "it's a 6 iron". I say it's a 195 shot, and I'll need my 195 club. If it has the number six on the sole that's fine, it would be hard to pick ut out if it didn't have a number. But that's all it is, a number.

And regarding RocketBladez - pure genius. Everything about it. Marketing. Product. Release.

I agree there is too much rant about "Oh, how TM lies to people" (even worse than "Oh, why TM releases a new driver every six months"). The specs are there. It is not TMs fault if people want to believe their game will improve with newer irons every 6 months. Now a days most brands do the same thing, even the more "traditional" ones. Its simple, just get rid of the 4-iron and get a gap wedge instead, that will solve your problems

OK, I'm sick of hearing the "TM releases a ne driver every other week" line. They're FTMP been going winter only since the R9 series. Small changes like R9460 and the bonded RBZ aren't really a new driver. And they release irons every fall. So this is not a shock.

Do you know that is they put the lofts on these GI and SGI clubs to normal they would all knock down out satellites that make out GPSs work? With the CG being so low you've gotta kill loft to keep the flight down and make it behave like a real # iron, and in turn give a longer flight which is why they sell golf clubs. Distance. Not height...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

flexsho59.jpg

Wilson posted this on Facebook this morning. What's old is new again...

wilson1.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Wilson posted this on Facebook this morning. What's old is new again...

wilson1.jpg

Ahhhhh.......and the social media wars continue. Unfortunately for Wilson I would assume they have 1 follower to every 50 that TM has ;)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

This was written on the blog side about those irons:

I was in Austin in the early 80′s and had a few conversations with Tom Kite. At the time, he was with Wilson when they were a Tour force and the company was excited about a new iron (sorry, can't remember the name) with a thin face that “flexed.” When I asked why he wasn't hitting this latest model he said that yes, the irons were long but they were very inconsistent…. right on with one swing and over the green on the next. Apparently a flexing face can do that to you. Has technology come light-years since the 80′s… if Touring pro's like the RocketBladez Tour shouldn't we like them too? Yes, on all counts but STILL… a flexing face might make a few of us nervous — who need 15-yards-farther flyers from the FAIRWAY?

(Maybe 3M's “goo” is the key, huh?)

Archived