TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Cigar Lounge

Flv02

Would be cool to make the lounge, kind of like Cigar Aficionado and include some "The Good Life" discussion too. Cars, cool toys, etc.

Honestly, I smoke a big turd only occasionally, but subscribe to Cigar Aficionado because I enjoy their golf articles and articles in general.

Great idea for the forum, and looking forward to some informal discussions with good guys, aside from golf.

Posted Image

WD, you can get an old wooden cigar case from a cigar store (most will just give one to you for free). Cut off a piece of sponge, wet it, and place it in the box with your cigars; resoak the sponge when it dries, which is usually 7-10 days. I've kept cigars fresh for two months like this, but obviously a humidor is best. I've actually put in a request for a new humidor, for Christmas.

Yes, I forgot to add that you put the sponge in an open sandwich bag.

Nice and easy, I like it, thanks!

Great idea, Frank!

I know there are a lot of newbie guides out there for cigar smokers, but I'm sure a start-up guide written by MGS would be of a much better quality!

I've been smoking normal cigarettes for about 15 years and the more I see people with cigars, the more I feel like trying myself.

I had a friend over a few months ago when we moved into the new apartment. He brought us cigars to celebrate. I almost choked to death... nobody told me I wasn't supposed to inhale like cigarettes LOL :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Great idea, Frank!

I know there are a lot of newbie guides out there for cigar smokers, but I'm sure a start-up guide written by MGS would be of a much better quality!

I've been smoking normal cigarettes for about 15 years and the more I see people with cigars, the more I feel like trying myself.

I had a friend over a few months ago when we moved into the new apartment. He brought us cigars to celebrate. I almost choked to death... nobody told me I wasn't supposed to inhale like cigarettes LOL :D

Haha I'll have it written by Monday! I didn't even think of that for some reason haha. That and the inaugural review will be up in the next week!

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I am actually allergic (get a sinus infection if I smoke) but my buddies love them and I've forwarded the link hoping to get them involved on your site.

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE!!!!!!

I feel more at home here than I do on one of the upper echelon cigar sites. anyways. to all those just starting or spot buying. Do a little research when you have a chance and grab a humidor. some sites you can buy 5 to 10 cigars and it includes one. fact of the matter is that local shops (while I love to support our local shops) overprice the heck out of some of the bigger names and you can grab 2-5 sticks online for the price of one or two at the local establishment. having them sit and age (even if you only smoke once in a blue moon) will help the cigar mature ultimately becoming that much more enhanced when lighting up.

I was a here and there guy when buying now I search monthly to grab some deals and stock up but I may have to increase the size of my humi.

Anyways, brands i enjoy....

Guhrka- Grand reserve (but with LOUIE XIII in it it becomes pricey)Sweet and eligent

La Flora Domenicana - Air Bender (bit spicy and may be tough for newbies)

Camacho PREEMBARGO TORO - (nice medium stick)

Romeo and Juliet REALA RESERVE (any stick)

PARTAGAS NO 2 (CUBA) unbeleivable if you can get your hands on one have one aging now in my humi hoping to make it another 11 months to see what a full year does to it!

I can go on and on but I will leave my services up in the air for MGS if needed and will definitely post as I run into newer cigars or differnt NON BRAND names too.....

Now we're talking...

In no particular order:

Mizuno 32s, 58s, 60s

Cohiba (DR or Cuban) any wrapper

Redbreast 12 Year

Odyssey Backstryke 2ball

Chicago Beef Sandwich

Onyx Reserve Maduro

Jameson 18 Year

Wilson Harmonized

Mom's Spaghetti

Titleist 910 D2

Woodbridge Reserve

Cain NUB Connecticut

...and

Johanna Lundback

Now we're talking...

In no particular order:

Mizuno 32s, 58s, 60s

Redbreast 12 Year

Odyssey Backstryke 2ball

Chicago Beef Sandwich

Onyx Reserve Maduro

Jameson 18 Year

Wilson Harmonized

Mom's Spaghetti

Titleist 910 D2

Woodbridge Reserve

Cain NUB Connecticut

...and

Johanna Lundback

Now you're speaking my language. Have you tried the Gold Reserve? It's amazing.

Oh yeah I have...J18GR!! I have one that I take micro-sips from hoping it never runs out... - For my $$ that's a 12 step program conveniently installed into a bottle.

Now we're talking...

In no particular order:

Mizuno 32s, 58s, 60s

Redbreast 12 Year

Odyssey Backstryke 2ball

Chicago Beef Sandwich

Onyx Reserve Maduro

Jameson 18 Year

Wilson Harmonized

Mom's Spaghetti

Titleist 910 D2

Woodbridge Reserve

Cain NUB Connecticut

...and

Johanna Lundback

In a perfect world I'd have Johanna Lundback and I walking PB on a sunny Sunday afternoon...she's smoking (yeah she is!) a Fuente Fuente Opus X Double Rob, serving me Jameson Rare Vintage Reserve neat while she's lighting my Padron Perfecto, bagging my Mizunos and lining up my putts...

...and with every ball I hit, she purrs...'ooooh, nice swing Skip.'

Oh yeah I have...J18GR!! I have one that I take micro-sips from hoping it never runs out... - For my $$ that's a 12 step program conveniently installed into a bottle.

I think someone just wet themself!!!!

In a perfect world I'd have Johanna Lundback and I walking PB on a sunny Sunday afternoon...she's smoking (yeah she is!) a Fuente Fuente Opus X Double Rob, serving me Jameson Rare Vintage Reserve neat while she's lighting my Padron Perfecto, bagging my Mizunos and lining up my putts...

...and with every ball I hit, she purrs...'ooooh, nice swing Skip.'

Awesome topic and hope it gets the legs.

Personally, I do not smoke but whiskey and a good scotch is another thing.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Great idea, Frank!

Alright Steven, the start-up guide is COMPLETELY done. I hope you like it!

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Since you saw it WD, is it easy enough to follow? Will the beginner be able to start because of that? No one has given me feedback yet so I am curious.

Thanks, Frank! Will go take a look now!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived