Flv02

Favorite Cigar

Our Sponsors

Some nice choices that I know and then some that I have yet to try so thanks guys - I'd love to hear from some others. 

I'm a cigar newb... What are your favorite online cigar store hotspots? Is there one that is consistently better than the others for price or offering? Or do you just watch them all for good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm a cigar newb... What are your favorite online cigar store hotspots? Is there one that is consistently better than the others for price or offering? Or do you just watch them all for good deals?

I prefere JR cigar and famous smoke if I want something in particular. However, both offer auctions. That's where I get some killer deals. I've gotten cigars for more than half off. Samplers are great for just trying somethings out and finding new favorites. Those are my go to besides the local brick and mortar shops.

Ditto on Jr's.  also check out Cigars International for some great samplers.

Cigar prices in Hawai'i are somewhat ridiculous huh?????? hahahaha 

• Like 1

GrayCliff cigars are awesome, they are rolled in the Bahamas.  If you ever visit go to their restaurant and then go into the room where they roll the cigars.  Awesome experience !

If Im talking boutique nothing ot me beats a bobalu cigar, It is on 6th street in Austin. they hand roll them in store and its awesome grabbing one right off the table.

As I sit here and smoke my Undercrown I would have to say this is my favorite for the price. The Liga number 9 is my favorite for any price but the Undercrown is such a good value.

If you need a nice "cheap" cigar I will grab a brickhouse every single time

Had a Cuban Partagas today on the course. It was the only thing smoking all day. Nothing beats a nice cigar

I'm sitting on my back porch, watching the All star game and enjoying a Macanudo Hyde Park.  Nice light smoke for a warm Florida evening with the thunder booming and rain falling. 

Call me a "first time smoker". 

I'm looking for some advice as to what brands I should buy to enjoy out on the course....and go!

I'm looking for some advice as to what brands I should buy to enjoy out on the course....and go!

The best idea I had was pick up a cigar afficiando and find the cheapest on the best of lists. I have about 3-4 of those in my cabinet that I can grab. I say cheapest because it's easier to spend a bit less on a good stick and find out what you like and don't like. 

From my own personal taste:

I love love the La Gloria Cubana aretesanos de miami Elegante. Those are lonsdales so a medium sized smoke that lasts me around 9 holes or so. Acids are flavored and can be really good if you want a bit of flavoring on your lips. The only thing I also suggest is getting a sampler off of a cigar auction website. They tend to give you a good variety if you get a true sampler pack rather than just one brands.

Taste is obviously subjective, so a premium sampler is the preferred route imo.  But...My Father Flor de Las Antillas is a 96 rated treat for under 120 bucks a box.  Though step 1 is storage.  A dry/wet stick will hinder flavor, draw, and construction.  On the cheap you can pick up a 1/2 pound of heartfelt beads and a Tupperware container and voila you are set.  If you end up getting in to cigars you can explore other storage options. 

Speaking of storage. Anyone have any suggestions on a good quality yet maybe inexpensive humidor?

My advice is to start with mild smokes and see what you like, Cigars International is good place to start

My smokes of choice are Diesel, and Tabak Especial, but everyone has different tastes

Speaking of storage. Anyone have any suggestions on a good quality yet maybe inexpensive humidor?

I'd suggest looking at the auctions at cigar auctioneer. They run them every couple of days and there are some decent deals. They have ones in all kind of ranges. I think mine holds 300 or 400 cigars and I got it for around 100 bucks.

There is zero doubt in my mind on my answer.

Warped Black Honey.

If you know about this cigar, you know (and most likely agree) with my sentiment.

The availability of this stick is next to none nowadays. But you can fine one if you dig deep enough. Even still, if you do come across one for sale then plan on shelling out upwards of $50-75 per cigar.

Is it worth that? Well, what's a cigar worth in any sense? The taste, the length of the smoke, the smoke output, the company you surround yourself with when you are partaking? All of those things factor in! 

In my opinion, the Black Honey is not a $75 cigar. There is not a single stick out there that is, for that matter. With that said, it is a $50 cigar (for me)  :D

If you come across one of these beauties and can swing it, don't hesitate. And if/when that happens, report back to me on your thoughts! 

• Like 1

If noone has suggested yet, go with a 'tupperdor'. This one is like one of mine that I use for keeping 25-40 sticks in and take to herf's if there is a big enough turnout. Airtight seal is what you're looking for ultimately. https://www.amazon.com/Sistema-Collection-Rectangle-Storage-Container/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=pd_sim_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00284AG5U&pd_rd_r=FE2ZREY5TMDBYDGDQZ11&pd_rd_w=Qhbmu&pd_rd_wg=jQozp&psc=1&refRID=FE2ZREY5TMDBYDGDQZ11

When you get it in, wash it with soapy water then lemon juice (gets rid of any plastic smell). After it's dry, throw in a couple of large Boveda packs https://www.amazon.com/Boveda-65-Percentage-Individually-Wrapped-Humidity/dp/B00FWPQ8WC/ref=pd_sim_79_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FWPQ8WC&pd_rd_r=53Q3R2NE6EFG2TM9TKQF&pd_rd_w=KiLzJ&pd_rd_wg=UuJN6&psc=1&refRID=53Q3R2NE6EFG2TM9TKQF and forget about it! It really is that simple, and highly effective.

If you are looking for any downside to storing in tupperware containers, it's the cosmetic aspect. That's it. I have over 1200 cigars in my collection spread throughout 4-5 large tupperdors and I gladly give up the looks for the functionality!

Humidors leak, are expensive, and prone to mold growth. Tupperdors are ugly. 

Sorry for the uninvited knowledge drop. 

No matter which way you go, enjoy your cigars!!

• Like 1