Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mizuno Fli Hi 4 iron

GolfSpy WD

For those of you who've bought one used on ebay, how much do you think is a good price? Also, any suggestions on which version to get?

I'm eyeing some 910Hs on ebay, was thinking of dropping the 60* wedge, going with a 19* and 21* 910H and 24* Fli Hi. If ever I need the 60* I can always swap it with one of the hybrids, depending on what I need for the par 3s on a given course.

I bought a 18* (2010) for $49.99 and a 24* (2008) head only for $30. I feel like I got really good deals on both of these. I do not know if it is the loft of the difference in materials and design, but the older one is far superior to me. The 2 iron just does not do it for me like the 4 iron does. I love this club and simply like the 2 iron.

I have been swapping out the 2 iron and a 21* hybrid. I will probably leave the 2 iron and 21* hybrid and 17* fairway wood at home next week when I go to Florida and instead take a 909H 19* and a 60* Sure Out wedge. We currently do not have any sand in our bunkers and have not for a year so I may need some remedial help from the bunkers from lack or practice.

But the 4 iron is my go to club when I am in the rough on a par 5 I hit the 4 iron. I hit it off the tee on 4 holes where I do not need distance and want to have a 210 yard drive at least and always center of the fairway. It always feels great.

I see that one of these is availible on eBay for $70 with a DG S300. They also have one with the R300 that is on bid for another day or two. I did not care what shaft was in them because I was planning, and did, replace the shafts.

I have given some thought to getting the 3 iron version older style but I keep wondering do I really need it. I have also thought about trying the older style 2 iron and see if it is the style or the loft that makes a difference, 18 to 24 is a big gap, but I have not found one for the price I wanted to pay. I do not know that I need this. I have a boat load of hybrids and only so many spaces in the bag.

Hope this helps.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I bought a 18* (2010) for $49.99 and a 24* (2008) head only for $30. I feel like I got really good deals on both of these. I do not know if it is the loft of the difference in materials and design, but the older one is far superior to me. The 2 iron just does not do it for me like the 4 iron does. I love this club and simply like the 2 iron.

I have been swapping out the 2 iron and a 21* hybrid. I will probably leave the 2 iron and 21* hybrid and 17* fairway wood at home next week when I go to Florida and instead take a 909H 19* and a 60* Sure Out wedge. We currently do not have any sand in our bunkers and have not for a year so I may need some remedial help from the bunkers from lack or practice.

But the 4 iron is my go to club when I am in the rough on a par 5 I hit the 4 iron. I hit it off the tee on 4 holes where I do not need distance and want to have a 210 yard drive at least and always center of the fairway. It always feels great.

I see that one of these is availible on eBay for $70 with a DG S300. They also have one with the R300 that is on bid for another day or two. I did not care what shaft was in them because I was planning, and did, replace the shafts.

I have given some thought to getting the 3 iron version older style but I keep wondering do I really need it. I have also thought about trying the older style 2 iron and see if it is the style or the loft that makes a difference, 18 to 24 is a big gap, but I have not found one for the price I wanted to pay. I do not know that I need this. I have a boat load of hybrids and only so many spaces in the bag.

Hope this helps.

It does help, thanks. The R300 club is the one I was looking at, hopefully I can get it cheap and just pull the shaft.

It does help, thanks. The R300 club is the one I was looking at, hopefully I can get it cheap and just pull the shaft.

That one is the newer style and a much better looking club than the older one. The face is also hotter than the older one. However, unless you have the two side by side, you may not be able to feel the difference. Duh... Of course you can not feel the difference because you have nothing to compare it too. Get it and enjoy.

Just bought a 19* 910H for $69 + $7 shipping. Person who listed it took blurry photos and had 0 ratings, but they're from NY and the sole/face looked like they had very little wear in the photos, so I'm thinking it's worth the risk. Looking to put a Talamonti H-100 S shaft into it. May also get a PD-80 S for my 3W.

Is the feel of the Ti insert similar to the MP59s? Assuming the current Fli Hi stays at a reasonable price, I'm thinking of dropping in a KBS Tour S black nickel shaft into it ($25 from golfsmith)

Looking around, the only other hybrid shaft that was 100g is the KBS Hybrid and it's only $32 minus Golfsmith's deal of the week, I may have to pick that up instead of the Talamonti.

If anyone's done a comparison of the KBS Hybrid Steel shaft vs the H-100, I'd be very interesting in hearing your thoughts.

At $40, the AXIV Black looks like a very nice option. There's also a Kiyoshi Purple on ebay right now for a reasonable price, but it's a pull, which always worries me a little.

I like the AXIV Black. Solid, all around performer, it's just not the greatest in the "feel" department IMO. Unfortunately something the entire AXIV line lacked and the only thing that kept them from being world beaters.

I threw up the Kiyoshi Purple for the weight but be careful with that puppy. It plays stouter then you expect and requires a pretty quick tempo to function.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I've got to back up here - laying the equipment including the shafts aside aren't we in agreement, I hope, that scoring is done at the bottom of the bag?

Why in the world would you eliminate a wedge that will make it easier for you to attack the pin for birdie and get up and down from trouble for par for a long club that only gives you a 33 % chance to hit the green and that's if you are a lower handicapper. For that matter you're giving up a club that you could easily hit two or three times a round for one that you might hit two or three times a month. So you might hit a great shot once a month with the long club vs. twice in a round with the wedge. You need one hybrid because of its versitility - for the short game and as a trouble club out of the rough or woods, off the tee, etc - you need more than 1 if you don't hit your long irons well - but a 19,21,24 with no 60 - I'm not seeing it.

Now if the issue is that you don't hit the 60 well - practice with the 60.

Perhaps there's another place to carry on this discussion. I think it's worth talking about.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've got to back up here - laying the equipment including the shafts aside aren't we in agreement, I hope, that scoring is done at the bottom of the bag?

Why in the world would you eliminate a wedge that will make it easier for you to attack the pin for birdie and get up and down from trouble for par for a long club that only gives you a 33 % chance to hit the green and that's if you are a lower handicapper. For that matter you're giving up a club that you could easily hit two or three times a round for one that you might hit two or three times a month. So you might hit a great shot once a month with the long club vs. twice in a round with the wedge. You need one hybrid because of its versitility - for the short game and as a trouble club out of the rough or woods, off the tee, etc - you need more than 1 if you don't hit your long irons well - but a 19,21,24 with no 60 - I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps there's another place to carry on this discussion. I think it's worth talking about.

Yeah, after I said that I reconsidered :). I got a 19* hybrid and am hoping to win a 24* Fli Hi, but I probably won't bother with a 21* hybrid.

I have played the UST Axivcore Red shaft for many years and am a big fan, but compared to the Talamonit it does lack a bit (read a lot) in the feel department. Overall, though the UST Shafts have been a long tiime favorite. However, I used the Red and did not like the Black or Blue that I tried. The Green felt like an expensive red. And I also like the V2's.

I have not used the Talamonti Hybrid shaft but the driver shafts is the most awesome shaft I have ever hit. I am waiting to see if the honeymoon period ends before I add my thoughts with a review.

I have the KBS Hybrid Shafts and like the feel but be warned, they are .370 tips and the Mizzies and my 909H were .355T tips. I bored my 909H's to accept them. You may be able to get 910H tips for .370 shafts. I did not bore out my Mizzy 18* and use a Project X shaft. That could also be part of the problem with it. I did like it better when I had a C Taper on it.

I will say that lately using the KBS, Talamonti, and GD Tour ADDI shafts, I have found what I was missing with previous shafts. The feel of them is so different than a Project X steel and graphite, and the UST offerings, and Adilia and many many other shafts.

I have not used Kiyoshi or any of these other names that I do not know how to spell or pronounce.

I will take this line of reasoning one step farther. The difference between a 19* and a 21* hybrid is two degrees and a half inch. That translates to 7 yards, maybe 10 yards. This is not a significant amount of distance when you are talking about that are hitting in the 200 yard range. At that range, elevation and wind and humidity can play a 7 yard difference. A hit other than dead center can cause a decrease of that much difference.

Also, if you have the 19* you can easily choke down on it 3/4 to an inch and get the same distance out of a 19 that you can with a 21 hybrid. This same thing is true with a 3 wood and 5 wood. Other than the fact that the higher lofts actually travel farther with slower swing speeds.

For the last several weeks I have been conducting experiments of sorts on this very thing. I have had two fairway woods and no hybrids, and two hybrids and no fairway woods. The simple truth is that there is not enough diffence between the 14 and 17 fairway and the 19 and 21 hybrids to have two of either of these clubs in the bag at the same time. Especially at the expense of a wedge. A 7 to 10 yard difference when starting inside 100 or 50 yards is a much bigger deal.

Whether you would be better off with a 14 vs 17 or a 19 vs 21 is a totally different matter. The slower the swing speed the more loft you should have. Of course this is dependant on angle of attack also. I switched to a 10.5* from 9.5* and am bombing it with a beautiful ball flight and have have made significant gains in driving and I have a 105 mph swing speed.

As for me I am going to go with a 10.5* Driver, 14* Fairway and a 19* hybrid and a 24* iron plus the 5-P 51, 56 & 60 or 64 depending on the course.I will also sub the 18* mizzie FH for the hybrid on windy (15+ mph) days.

For those of you who've bought one used on ebay, how much do you think is a good price? Also, any suggestions on which version to get?

I'm eyeing some 910Hs on ebay, was thinking of dropping the 60* wedge, going with a 19* and 21* 910H and 24* Fli Hi. If ever I need the 60* I can always swap it with one of the hybrids, depending on what I need for the par 3s on a given course.

I wouldnt pay over $80 for one.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I wouldnt pay over $80 for one.

I paid $69 + $6 shipping for the 910H and $49 + $10 shipping for the Fli Hi. No idea how good of a deal that was, but it seemed on par with what RR paid. There's a $20 off $100 + free shipping sale at GS I'm going to take advantage of for the shafts ($25 for the KBS hybrid, $20 for the KBS tour)

So totals after all is said and done are $100 for the 910H and $79 for the Fli Hi.

I paid $69 + $6 shipping for the 910H and $49 + $10 shipping for the Fli Hi. No idea how good of a deal that was, but it seemed on par with what RR paid. There's a $20 off $100 + free shipping sale at GS I'm going to take advantage of for the shafts ($25 for the KBS hybrid, $20 for the KBS tour)

So totals after all is said and done are $100 for the 910H and $79 for the Fli Hi.

I would be pretty darned happy with that deal. Two basically custom fit clubs for the price of one off the self model. Who cares if they are not new. When you leave the store with it a club is no longer "new". Just like driving the car off the lot. From that point on it is a used car.

Yeah, after I said that I reconsidered :). I got a 19* hybrid and am hoping to win a 24* Fli Hi, but I probably won't bother with a 21* hybrid.

I recently picked up a 19Ëš 910H too. So far I really like it. I only use it off the tee though....just not consistent enough with it off the deck yet. I've got the stock Kai'li stiff shaft in it, and it actually fits me real nice. It may be the wrong shaft for you, but give it a try...it's not a bad shaft at all.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Thats not too bad. They were $200 clubs when they were new, so even if you spent $100 when it was all said and done you didnt do bad at all.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Archived