Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Beer Thread

kygolfer1980

I have to see what everyone here likes beer wise. Other than family and golf, beer is one of my favorite things. I literally base my restaurant choices when we go out to eat on their draft beer menu. My default favorite is Newcastle Brown, I could drink it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily and not tire of it. Also a big fan of Fat Tire, DogHead Fish Indian Brown Ale, Sam Adams Boston Ale and Oktoberfest, Boulder Brewing Planet Porter, the list goes on and on... What's everyone drink?

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drink my home brew. During the summer it's a Hefenweizen and during the colder months it's a Dunkelweizen.

If I find myself out anywhere I try to get something like a bock beer.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm a simple beer guy. MGD will do any day, any time.

No Elsinore, eh?

Love that movie!

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

No particular choice. Pick any of the thousands of beers available in Germany :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard. Accept no substitutes.

I had to Google that one. I'm going to have to try it, it sounds good.

I mostly drink homebrew, but I'll pick up a six of something I've never had before and then try and duplicate it on my stove if I like it ;)

I have a batch of Oatmeal stout and an ESB carbonating right now, and as soon as the basement cools off a little more there will be 10 gallons of Double-Bock Lagering down there over the winter :)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Another great selection is Paradise Island Ale. You can only get it on draft at "Cheesburger in Paradise". They serve it at 32 degrees so its always icy cold!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

For some reason recently I've been into Budweiser. No idea why, but it's pretty smooth to drink before bed.

Fancier drinks are usually Dogfish head IPAs. The 90 is awesome, but pretty expensive so it's usually the 60 for me. I'm a huge fan of Guinness during the winter, Corona with a lime in the Summer, and a variety of Ocktoberfests during Fall.

If you have a Beerworks in your city, I highly recommend it. Tons of different craft brews. At one point I had a list of the ones I liked, but I think I've lost it.

Did you just whip out a "Strange Btew" reference?! I'll drink anytime with you to that!

It's a classic!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Oh boy is this a thread - so many beers, so many choices - For every day I'm good with a Sam Adams - I'm also a Sam Smith guy on the course I generally will have a Yuengling or 2 - But I couldn't even begin to list all of the beers I've tried and liked - I used to work as a rep for a beer distributer that carried all of these tiny imports - before it was fashionable and just at the advent of the micro-brew trend.

I've also brewed my own but am ashamed to say I'm not that good at it - the oatmeal stout sounds intriguing - like Sam Smith's Oatmeal stout. My favorite beer always used to be John Courage Pale Ale but that's not currently distributed in Florida.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

R.P., I figured Yuengling to be on your list being a PA beer. Can't get it in KY but I like the Black and Tan.

Rev, you might like Sweetwater Pale Ale out of Atlanta. Good stuff! Magic Hat #9 is pretty good as well.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I have to see what everyone here likes beer wise. Other than family and golf, beer is one of my favorite things. I literally base my restaurant choices when we go out to eat on their draft beer menu. My default favorite is Newcastle Brown, I could drink it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily and not tire of it. Also a big fan of Fat Tire, DogHead Fish Indian Brown Ale, Sam Adams Boston Ale and Oktoberfest, Boulder Brewing Planet Porter, the list goes on and on... What's everyone drink?

KY, My father-in-law got me onto the Newcastle Brown but it's really dangerous for me... once I start with those I struggle to leave any in the fridge :P

Another favourite is Steinlager Pure - not to be confused with their original lager, which I can't stand. The Pure has no preservatives in it, so you can drink it to your heart's content and still feel great in the morning.

I'm also a big fan of a big, heady porter or stout - just love them, usually irrespective of the brand, but we have some really good little micro-breweries getting established down here that are producing some beauties ... definitely worth the extra couple'a'bucks.

I've been brewing my own Ginger Beer as well and that goes down a treat (its about 6-8% alc) and pretty fiery 'cos I put whole chili peppers in the brew, but I love it.

I agree about the newcastle, it's just so smooth. I have thought about brewing my own beer before but never pulled the trigger other than one of those Mr. Beer kits but that doesn't really count. My wife has actually said it might be more economical for us to get a kegerator. I hope I can talk her into it.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I agree about the newcastle, it's just so smooth. I have thought about brewing my own beer before but never pulled the trigger other than one of those Mr. Beer kits but that doesn't really count. My wife has actually said it might be more economical for us to get a kegerator. I hope I can talk her into it.

Hey, if it was your wife's idea then it would be completely remiss of you not to support her in pursuing that dream ;)

I do love my Stellas...Lately I have been having Shock Tops..they have it on tap here in NYC

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Bourbon is king here but I'm still a beer guy. Moonshine has its place as well but it will ruin the following day. Closest microbrewery we have is in Louisville, called BBC brewery. Prett good stuff though. Off subject but how do u get the "what's in the bag" to show up at the bottom of your posts?

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm an IPA guy .... I'm on the west coast, don't hate me.

And I've turned into more of a double and triple IPA guy really. My FAVORITE beer right now is the Knee Deep Brewing Simtra IPA - it's mind blowing - just don't try and drink two of them... they aren't your dad's beers.

Also just started home brewing as of yesterday morning... we're staring with a Black IPA - we'll know in a month if we nailed it or not ;-)

My beer has to have a LOT of flavor and some body - if no body, then I might as well be drinking bud light with my buddies (not preferred, but I'd honestly rather have that than most middle of the road brews)

And I've turned into more of a double and triple IPA guy really. My FAVORITE beer right now is the Knee Deep Brewing Simtra IPA - it's mind blowing - just don't try and drink two of them... they aren't your dad's beers.

Also just started home brewing as of yesterday morning... we're staring with a Black IPA - we'll know in a month if we nailed it or not ;-)

My beer has to have a LOT of flavor and some body - if no body, then I might as well be drinking bud light with my buddies (not preferred, but I'd honestly rather have that than most middle of the road brews)

IPAs are the best, this ain't a west/east coast thing.

How's Knee Deep compare to Dogfish head 90? I can't justify buying the 120 ever, but that's got the be the holy grail of IPAs.

IPA, Double IPA, ESB's...all great beers!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

Had Knee Deep's Hop Shortage Triple IPA yesterday. 11% and a wrecking ball. But tasty...

BTW, we can always resurrect the Beer of the Week thread HERE

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I'm a beer *****, as much as I am a golf club *****. I'll drink anything once when it comes to beer. I hate any Budweiser products, though, but Bud Red is the most stomachable to me. I drink Miller Lite when I'm out playing or tailgating, and save my tastebuds for other beers when I'm grilling out, mowing, going out to eat or lounging around the house. My grille nor my lawnmower will start unless there's beer in hand, why, I don't know. My favorite mowing beer? Sam Adams Summer Ale. Favorite grilling beer? Hmm... don't know that I have one, Newcastle was the last one I fired it up with in my hand. When I go to restaurants, I ask for the beer menu before the food menu, and I always try to pick something I've never tried before.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

KY, Go into your profile and edit it. On the left side there is a 'Signature' tab and you can just add your WITB info in there.

Enjoy

Brad

Thx, got it.

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

KY, LOL, I was gonna add to my post that if they don't have IC Light bottles, my back-up is Yuengling..

Good call Dude..Lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Off topic, but you need to clear some space in your personal messages folder Richard

All the best

Brad

My go-to beer is also Stella. Costco sells it by the case for $24. Also my home course serves it in the same glass bottles so it's easy to bring a few with to the course.

Other than that, I'm a big fan of most Surly brews (Wet and Furious are tops on my list) along with wheat beers. Anything really hoppy gets my attention as well.

About the only thing I'm not really into are Stouts.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived