Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Honeymoon pics - Kapalua

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

I stare at this desktop wallpaper on my second work computer all the time.

dan4round4_HDR-1.jpg

Just curious if I ever shared the honeymoon pics with you guys. Gives ya good idea of the Kapalua properties, courses and surrounding areas anyways.

Short version

Directors Cut

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Dan, amazing pics! The head shot of you two on the beach is a great one. She's gotta nice swing. Good takeaway, nice follow thru & that one of her coming down inside with the driver is a good position-elbow inside on the hip comin thru, nice lag. Seriously Dude, I know alotta guys who can't get in that position..lol

Thanx for sharing

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Funny thing is she didn't even own a driver at the time. Her rental clubs were new Cobras and she fell in love with the driver on the practice range. Round one at the Plantation she pulls out the driver on the first tee and blows it through the end of the fairway, musta hit it 225 and as you can see it continued on from there. That November at the Golftown demo sale we bought the same driver for $60 like new :P

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Nice! Was it hot? I can almost feel a nice ocean breeze coming from the pics. Great photos.

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Great pics. Beautiful scenery, beautiful wife, but the guy did not do much for me. ;)

I went to Hawaii for work. After much debate we decided that my wife would not go because I expected to spend all the time there working and she did not want to have to spend all day by herself there. Why spend the money to hang out alone. Of course, I finished the job in two days instead of the dawn to dusk 5 days expected and then had 3 days in Hawaii by myself. I did not feel the romance on the beach. But I did enjoy the golf but did not take my clubs because I did not think I would have time but for maybe one round.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Great pics. Beautiful scenery, beautiful wife, but the guy did not do much for me. ;)

I went to Hawaii for work. After much debate we decided that my wife would not go because I expected to spend all the time there working and she did not want to have to spend all day by herself there. Why spend the money to hang out alone. Of course, I finished the job in two days instead of the dawn to dusk 5 days expected and then had 3 days in Hawaii by myself. I did not feel the romance on the beach. But I did enjoy the golf but did not take my clubs because I did not think I would have time but for maybe one round.

Agreed, beautiful pic and wife. I can send you some images of myself if you want to improve the pics by replacing the dude in photoshop :)

I've also been to Hawaii for work, except I did the opposite of RR where I brought my wife (and son) and didn't go golfing. We had a fantastic time, but I could see all of the Ala Wai golf course when we hiked Diamond Head. There was also a beautiful course on the Marine Corps base where we were doing our testing that I never got to sample. Seriously one of the biggest regrets of my life, I'm going to remedy this some day.

• SPY VIP

Nice! Was it hot? I can almost feel a nice ocean breeze coming from the pics. Great photos.

This trip was end of September about 3 years ago and it was constant 90°(32°c), but that ocean breeze really takes the edge off.

One thing to note about this trip is we waited 2 years after getting married to do the honeymoon so we could save a little more and we ended up going during the recession. That equated to $169/night 1100sq/ft "gold" condo and $400/person all you can play golf including power carts and rentals (full Titleist bag with AP1's and Ladies Cobras). Sure couldn't have played 5 rounds at what they were charging regular prices.

not so handsome guy out........ :(

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Nice pics Dan!

I don't know what I was expecting, but a course that looks like Shaunessy dropped in the Chambers Bay location was not it. Very purdy! Sounds like a great deal by the by.

My one huge regret is that when my wife and I went to San Fran and Monterrey, I was just starting to take notice of golf when we went for lunch at Pebble Beach. Kicked myself for that one for awhile afterwards. Luckily, we'll be going back frequently since it's such a cheap flight down.

Tim/Nic: We should expand MGS Bandon to include Pebble! Just ante up one kidney each and we'll be fine.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

This trip was end of September about 3 years ago and it was constant 90°(32°c), but that ocean breeze really takes the edge off.

One thing to note about this trip is we waited 2 years after getting married to do the honeymoon so we could save a little more and we ended up going during the recession. That equated to $169/night 1100sq/ft "gold" condo and $400/person all you can play golf including power carts and rentals (full Titleist bag with AP1's and Ladies Cobras). Sure couldn't have played 5 rounds at what they were charging regular prices.

not so handsome guy out........ :(

For Hawaii that's a fantastic deal

Great photos! Looks like a great place to play.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Looks awesome! Never been but but hope to someday.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Dan, amazing pics! The head shot of you two on the beach is a great one. She's gotta nice swing. Good takeaway, nice follow thru & that one of her coming down inside with the driver is a good position-elbow inside on the hip comin thru, nice lag. Seriously Dude, I know alotta guys who can't get in that position..lol

Thanx for sharing

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Nidine thanks you RP and also wanted me to point out that this was her second summer of golf and first summer with a that swing. Her first year was a very beginner's swing that couldn't hit a driver more that 120 yards.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• 2 months later...

I was going through our Maui pics today & came across this one. Guessing I didn't like the lie behind the tree. Ooops

P1080091.jpg

I wouldn't mind being stuck behind a tree in Kapalua. That's for sure.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I was going through our Maui pics today & came across this one. Guessing I didn't like the lie behind the tree. Ooops

P1080091.jpg

I saw this one too....i am NOT impressed Dan.....man up and hook it around the tree!!!!

R11s 9 Open ASP w/Aerotech Powercoil 65X tipped 1"

Cally XHot 15 w/ Powercoil 65S

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18 w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1X

Miura 501s 3-P w/Player Spec Stiff HS 1x

TM XFT 54/60 w/Steelfiber i125s

PING Nome TR SS Ultra Thin Red

ALL Irons/Woods PURE Isle of Capri Pure Pro std w/2 wraps

Srixon XV Yellow

Archived