TESTERS WANTED! ×

Show off your purchases

myndcraft

MYNDCRAF Looks like you enjoy the full flavored dark wrappers. the Beast, while not my preference, is a great Cigar. they usually runs specials onthe beuty and the beast from Gurhka....Awesome Sticks. neve rhad a crown but maybe I have to try them now that you brought them to my attention. Just curisous what is that cigar one the left wrapped in red labels? Assuming another Gurhka..did you ever try the grand reserve???based on the $ for a stick I would wait until a celebratory moment but man is it spectacular

I have a new shipment coming in and will post some picks hopefully next week this time

Hey fsav - that would be the Gurkha Ancient Warrior Presidente in the red labels. You know the funny thing is I used to consider myself a mild-body guy, but recently I've begun to REALLY enjoy the full body stuff. I think the ticket was finding the right full body cigars :D

Had a few acquisitions lately....

First I got these in a blind trade

8136054902_babc7e5d5e.jpg

Then I won these in a contest - 5 pack of little mummies

8135586732_9e148a4851.jpg

And I grabbed these at a cigar event

8135584584_7241cfbeac.jpg

Tatuaje makes an excellent cigar that looks like a great pack especially winning it. Enjoy! I think I have to make a trip tot he store for this weekend since my package is stuck with sandy. I hope everyone onthe east coast made it out safe and unscaved as can be. we were lucky here in philly but the shore line and NYC took a beating

I can't wait to post my new acquisitions when they arrive next week :)

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I think this is supposed to be for the cigars, but I got this little beauty of eBay for $14.99. There are some minor scratches on the top that you can not see and nothing a couple of days worth of dust will not cover. I have no idea of the quality of this but it looks like a quality item to me. It says 1915 Thompson Co Inc on the little medallion. It also comes with a nameplate I can have engraved, if I knew where to get that done.

Humidor Closed.JPG

There are what is left of my 20 sample cigars in there,

Humidor Open.JPG

I have 62 Cigars coming later in the week to stock it with. I am in the process of replacing a bad habit with a good habit according to Jack Nicholson. I will show them when they get here but I have found out a few things about me and cigars.

First is I like the bolder cigars. I also found that I can change a $5 a day habit for a $25 a day habit. There is nothing better with a cigar than a good adult beverage. So this weekend I found myself smoking a $6+ Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra Churchill while having a couple of $8 glasses of scotch and this is in addition to the the other $4 cigars and $4 Pale Ales I had while playing golf.

So I went looking for a cheaper alternative. I found some that are coming later in the week but on a whim today a bought a package of 5 / $4 Swisher Sweets Perfecto. And you know what, while I would not give them much in terms of construction or quality, they are really good tasting. Especially with a cup of coffee. I hope this does not get me kicked off the thread.:D

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

myndcraft - where did you do the blind trade through? I used to be really into herfers paradise back in the day, but haven't been active for a while.

I used to ho on cigars pretty bad, had a 500 cigar humidor packed at one point, but got married and that got sold off, now I've just got a desktop humidor that goes back and forth between being packed and sitting empty.

I'm not allowed to ho on my cigar collection until we get pregnant... cheers to trying to get pregnant/have an excuse to make some purchases again!

The latest purchases have arrived. First a bit of an explanation, I have found that I like the bolder spicier cigars and the Maduros, Habanos, and Sumatras. While I am not a huge fan of sweets, I am surprised to find I love the sweet cigars with a hint of spices in them. I really liked the Drew Estates Acid Earthiness. Also, I wanted something that would last 9 holes on the course. So I got me some big ones to stock my humidor.

But first, I still have to try some others out so I bought a sampler. It is a "Best of Pinar Del Rio" sampler. Consisting of two each:

Pinar Del Rio.JPG

Famous Dominican 4000 Robusto Maduro (5x50)

Famous VSL Dominican Robusto Maduro (5x50)

PDR Classico CT, Robusto Natural (5x50)

PDR Oscuro Robusto Oscuro (5x50)

PDR Seleccion Robusto Maduro (4 3/4x50)

PDR Sun Grown Robusto Natural (5x50)

Since I want them to last 9 holes while playing golf I bought a box of 20 Final Blend Maduro Churchills. (7x50)

Final Blend.JPG

These will be my competitive round cigars, because while they are not terribly expensive, they are not going to be my everyday smoke.

For that I bought a bundle of 20 Nicaraguan Habano Double Corona (7 1/2x50)

Habano.JPG

Shown here in the Humidor with my lone Arturo Fuentes Special Natural.

And finally as a bonus gift I got a box of 10 Vitolas Especiales Gigante Sumatra (8 3/4x52)

Gigante.JPG

Yes these are too large to burn in the fireplace.:P

Yes, placed end to end I bought 35 feet of cigars.

The latest purchases have arrived. First a bit of an explanation, I have found that I like the bolder spicier cigars and the Maduros, Habanos, and Sumatras. While I am not a huge fan of sweets, I am surprised to find I love the sweet cigars with a hint of spices in them. I really liked the Drew Estates Acid Earthiness. Also, I wanted something that would last 9 holes on the course. So I got me some big ones to stock my humidor.

But first, I still have to try some others out so I bought a sampler. It is a "Best of Pinar Del Rio" sampler. Consisting of two each:

Pinar Del Rio.JPG

Famous Dominican 4000 Robusto Maduro (5x50)

Famous VSL Dominican Robusto Maduro (5x50)

PDR Classico CT, Robusto Natural (5x50)

PDR Oscuro Robusto Oscuro (5x50)

PDR Seleccion Robusto Maduro (4 3/4x50)

PDR Sun Grown Robusto Natural (5x50)

Since I want them to last 9 holes while playing golf I bought a box of 20 Final Blend Maduro Churchills. (7x50)

Final Blend.JPG

These will be my competitive round cigars, because while they are not terribly expensive, they are not going to be my everyday smoke.

For that I bought a bundle of 20 Nicaraguan Habano Double Corona (7 1/2x50)

Habano.JPG

Shown here in the Humidor with my lone Arturo Fuentes Special Natural.

And finally as a bonus gift I got a box of 10 Vitolas Especiales Gigante Sumatra (8 3/4x52)

Gigante.JPG

Yes these are too large to burn in the fireplace.:P

Yes, placed end to end I bought 35 feet of cigars.

NICE......35 Feet of cigars GEES all look tasty and the gigantes will definitely last more then 9 holes.

My 20 Rocky Patels came in! Got them for $47..easily over $70 off. I got 4 of each cigar.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

• 1 month later...

This is what $55 (after shipping) will get you from FamousSmoke.com.

All Cigars.JPG

1 RyJ Reserva Real Corona Natural (5 1/2 x 44)

1 RyJ Vintage Corona Natural (5 1/2 x 44)

1 RyJ 1875 Cedro Deluxe No. 2 Natural (5 1/2 x 44)

1 RyJ Reserve Maduro #4 Maduro (5 x 44)

1 Helix X550 Natural (5 x 50)

1 La Aurora Robusto Natural (5 x 50)

1 La Vieja Connecticut Rothchild Natural (5 x 54)

1 Oliva Connecticut Robusto Natural (5 x 50)

1 Rocky Patel American Market Robusto Natural (5 1/2 x 50)

1 Exodus 1959 50 Yrs Robusto Maduro (5 x 50)

1 Exodus 1959 Silver Robusto Cor Natural (4 7/8 x 52)

1 Exodus 50 Years Box Press Maduro (5 x 50)

1 Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto Dark Natural (5 x 52)

The Oliva "Dirty Dozen"

3 Don Barreto Toro Natural (6 x 50)

3 Georges Reserve Toro Natural (6 x 54)

3 Inferno Toro Dark Natural (6 x 50)

3 Vindicator Toro Natural (6 x 50)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't have any pics yet but received the Santa workshop la aroura five pack for Xmas with a Bugatti lighter and two black ops cutters for those of you wanting a pure cut time in and time out get one I these it has a back to it where the cigar stops for a perfect cut I post some

I got my shipment from Famous Smoke the other day and part of the reason I only played 3 holes today is I got to the course without a lighter. No one had a lighter so with snow in the bunkers, cold weather, bad batteries in cart all added up to me coming home and watching golf.

Come on rover Rick bailing out when u play in December???? Ahahah just kidding

I love playing this time of year without people in the course and to try and work thing out ur ready before the bears who hibernate int he winter🐻

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Frank, what did you think about that RP American Market Select? I was a big fan.

I really liked it too. I'm a fan of nutty,creamy,earthy combinations. The only problem I have with it is the price. At $7.00, I've smoked better. As you will see with the first official coming out within the week, there are better options at the price. Still, I think its a good smoke.

Here's my newest batch from the auction site. It came in yesterday:

4B69BDD2-43EC-4763-A069-F673F8B7DFAF-10974-000005172F55BBF9.jpg

I really liked it too. I'm a fan of nutty,creamy,earthy combinations. The only problem I have with it is the price. At $7.00, I've smoked better. As you will see with the first official coming out within the week, there are better options at the price. Still, I think its a good smoke.

I agree, I got mine in a pretty cheap sampler.

Here's my newest batch from the auction site. It came in yesterday:

4B69BDD2-43EC-4763-A069-F673F8B7DFAF-10974-000005172F55BBF9.jpg

Frank, I smoked a box of those Final Blends but Churchills. I liked them. I had read that they were a pain to keep lit while golfing but did not find that to be the case at all. I do not think I have any left. Right now all I have is a bunch of cheap Nicaraguan Habanos. They taste great but sort of fall apart before you can finish one. But they taste like a much more expensive cigar.

I am having my first experience with a Drew Estates Java Latte and it is amazing; having this for dessert with a 2005 White Owl Winery Spiced Pear wine, it's a match made in heaven.

I also picked up a Brick House Maduro.

Pics to come

I'm personally a big fan of the Brickhouse. Affordable and an overall great cigar. You can't ask for more than that! haha

I am having my first experience with a Drew Estates Java Latte and it is amazing; having this for dessert with a 2005 White Owl Winery Spiced Pear wine, it's a match made in heaven.

I also picked up a Brick House Maduro.

Pics to come

I had a Drew Estates Earthiness the other day. Huge mistake. Wanted to buy a box of them.

I bought 20 Famous Nicaraguan Habano Churchills for $27.99 for playing golf. I think the are great but a friend of mine who is a bit of a cigar snob who always smokes a Rocky Patel $6 cigar or something like that. Asked for one and raved about how good it was. When I told him it was a $1.40 cigar he could not believe it and said he was going to get some.

I had a Drew Estates Earthiness the other day. Huge mistake. Wanted to buy a box of them.

I bought 20 Famous Nicaraguan Habano Churchills for $27.99 for playing golf. I think the are great but a friend of mine who is a bit of a cigar snob who always smokes a Rocky Patel $6 cigar or something like that. Asked for one and raved about how good it was. When I told him it was a $1.40 cigar he could not believe it and said he was going to get some.

Famous does have a lot of steals on their website. My favorite with the Famous name attached is the Famous VSL Nicaragua. I think It's selling right now for $1.27 a stick and it is awesome. You taste spices and pepper mixed with some woodsy flavors. I find it very enjoyable.

Archived