Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Vr pro or vokey

Walkerjames

What up everybody? I have a question about wedges. I am not having any luck finding wedges I love. I am left handed and don't have the option to hit all wedges out there. I have Cleavland 588, cally jaws, and cally x forged(best so far). My question is does anyone have comparisons of vr pro vs vokey. I also play 52 and 58 so vokey offers these options but nikes can be bent. I play vr pro blades and love them but have never hit the wedges. Sorry to ramble

Thanks for the time

Walker James.

( maybe I should make a trip to Canada and then I can Hit em all)

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Thanks RP I was leaning towards the vr pro because I love my irons so much. But I do own several Scotty's! LOL thanks for the insite I think I'll order the vr pros and worst to worst they go in the stable.

Thanks

Walker James

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

RP- sounds like you already took care of this one. But just in case he hasn't ordered it yet.

Welcome to the forum WalkerJames much to read and ask other spyers..(great site)

Also I got to disagree with RP on one thing you can get some vokey's of the bay for pretty cheap. But this will be the only time I ever disagree with RP.

Other than that I would defiantly suggest hitting some mizzy's before you by the Nike's

But you know opinions are like butt holes everyone's got one!!!!

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Cool I will try out Some mizuno if I can find them LH

Thanks

Walker James

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Tim, what shafts do you have in the SCOR's?

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I can't find LH scor wedges

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I can't find LH scor wedges

When you go to the SCOR custom fitting page, the option is there to select either RH or LH.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

My bad I guess the scor wedges do come in left.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

don't overlook the Scor Wedges - if you get a chance, hit them and see what you think - I LOVE how they feel and I consistently make great contact with them. Maybe not as much spin as some prefer, but I'm happy

I picked up a set of SCOR's yesterday (46,50,54,58) and decided to take them on the course today having never hit them. Judging solely on what I expected the ball to do when it hit the green (this is my home course I've played more than 30 times this year alone), spin on full swing shots seemed pretty much the same as my Diamond Tour Wedges. Distance was identical too. On half and finesse shots, I think the spin was slightly less, but I also felt like I was hitting the ball cleaner, or smoother, or more pure, whatever you wanna call it. The course was empty so anytime I used one of the new SCOR's I dropped 5 balls and hit them all into the green, but even so I have to play them a little more before I make a decision on whether to keep them or not.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I picked up a set of SCOR's yesterday (46,50,54,58) and decided to take them on the course today having never hit them. Judging solely on what I expected the ball to do when it hit the green (this is my home course I've played more than 30 times this year alone), spin on full swing shots seemed pretty much the same as my Diamond Tour Wedges. Distance was identical too. On half and finesse shots, I think the spin was slightly less, but I also felt like I was hitting the ball cleaner, or smoother, or more pure, whatever you wanna call it. The course was empty so anytime I used one of the new SCOR's I dropped 5 balls and hit them all into the green, but even so I have to play them a little more before I make a decision on whether to keep them or not.

Coupe of questions BK.

- How much spin would you say that you put on the ball with your wedge shots?

- What shafts do you have in the SCOR's?

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Coupe of questions BK.

- How much spin would you say that you put on the ball with your wedge shots?

- What shafts do you have in the SCOR's?

AJ

In all honesty, I'd say not much. On full wedge shots my ball (ProV1) usually stops within + or - 12" of the ball mark on a flat green. It will only start really "sucking back" if the green is sloped to the front. More slope, more "suck".

What was most noticible though, through the course of the hundred or so practice shots I took into the green, not once did I say to myself, "Self, that shot released more than I expected" or "That one sucked back more than expected". So that's something :)

BK, how much was the 4 club set?

Richard, I got them pretty cheap. They were ever so slightly used. Perfect faces, couple dings on one sole. It was actually a 5 club set but the 5th club was a 45Ëš. Not sure why someone would have a 45 and a 46 but I bought them all. I'm a ho :rolleyes:

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Is there really much of a difference between most wedge heads in terms of spin? Most wedges I see have milled faces for extra courseness. Some have more grooves that are shallower, I'm not sure how much that helps. Seems to me the difference in wedges amounts to the bounce and grind and which ever you prefer as a player. Spin can be altered by the shaft you use, but that's true of all heads.

Other than that, it's all looks. Some people like more traditional shapes and some like the more round shape.

If you like your forged Cally wedges best so far, Id have to say go with the Nikes. I had a VR Pro 60* and it was a great little wedge.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Cool thanks for everyone's input. I love this site.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

VR Pro and VR Pro DS wedges are HIGHLY overlooked by people. Those and the Pro Combo irons are really, really good. I put the Vokey's vs the Nike's when I was looking at wedges and found a couple of differences.

A: The Vokey's feel head heavier. I didn't check (should have) about the relevant swing weights, but to the touch, I felt like the Vokey's had more head weight which gave me the feeling of more control.

B: The Nike's were better when it was wet, hands down. Out of the rough or fairway in either light rain or morning dew, the Nike's did a better job with spinning/controlling the ball. Those X3X faces and grooves look odd, but they work like a hot fishcake.

C: Try to keep in mind the type of wedge player you are. With a DS or non DS sole on the Nike, they suit players who open/don't the face more. Also keep in mind that Vokey's come in a whole lot of different grinds right off the rack which can help or hinder a sweeper or digger. Make sure you take the grind into account as it most certainly matters.

D: The only real decider for me, and it's a lame reason, is that I wanted to wedges stamped with my family's nicknames. Vokey/Titleist would do it, Nike wouldn't. Since I felt comfortable with either, that put the Vokey's over the top.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived