TESTERS WANTED! ×

Winners Bag 10-21-12

TWShoot67

IN THE WINNER'S BAG

Tommy Gainey

PGA Tour: McGladrey Classic

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit (10.5 degree; Aldila RIP NV 65 shaft)

Fairway Wood: Callaway FT-I Tour 3-wood (15 degree; Aldila NV 65 shaft)

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro a12 Proto (20 degree; Aldila RIP Phenom 80 shaft)

Irons (4-PW): Callaway RAZR X Forged (Project X 6.0 shafts)

Wedges: Callaway Forged (50, 54 and 60 degree)

Putter: Odyssey Backstryke Blade

Ball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Grips: Lamkin Crossline

Bo Van Pelt

European Tour: Perth International

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz (10.5 degree; Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 70x shaft)

Fairway Wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz 3-wood (13.5 degree; UST VTS 8x shaft)

Hybrid: Titleist 910H (17 degree)

Irons: Mizuno MP-69 (Nippon Shaft N.S. Pro Modus3 ST prototype shafts)

Wedges: Cleveland 588

Putter: TaylorMade Corza Ghost

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Footwear: FootJoy XPS-1

Glove: FootJoy StaSof

Suzann Pettersen

LPGA: KEB Hanabank Championship

Driver: Nike VR Str8-FIT (9.5 degree)

Fairway Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood

Hybrid: Nike VR_S (18 degree)

Iron (4): Nike VR Pro (Nippon Shaft N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 shaft)

Iron (5): Nike Pro Cavity (Nippon Shaft N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 shaft)

Irons (6-PW): Nike Split Cavity (Nippon Shaft N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 shafts)

Wedges: NIke VR Blade (48 degree), Nike VR (53 and 59 degree)

Putter: Nike Method 001

Ball: Nike 20XI X

Footwear: Nike Lunar Control

Russell Henley

Web.com Tour: Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open

Driver: Nike VR_S (9.5 degree)

Fairway Wood: Nike SQ ll 3-wood (13 degree)

Hybrid: Nike VR Pro (18 degree)

Irons (3, 5-6): Nike VR Pro Cavity

Irons (7-9): Nike VR Pro Combo

Wedges: Nike VR Pro (47, 51, 55 and 59 degree)

Putter: Nike Method 006 prototype

Ball: Nike 20XI X

Footwear: Nike Lunar Control

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Just had to say Congrats to Bo Van Pelt one of my favorite golf swings on Tour!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

And I have to say thanks TW I love this thread.

Did you ever get what Driver Brandt Snedeker used to win the Tour Championship? I don't recall seeing his what's in the bag and would love to know - we had a lengthy discussion about it as the tournament was ongoing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

And I have to say thanks TW I love this thread.

Did you ever get what Driver Brandt Snedeker used to win the Tour Championship? I don't recall seeing his what's in the bag and would love to know - we had a lengthy discussion about it as the tournament was ongoing.

Revkev, Snedeker used a Taylormade Burner Superfast TP, the original model. I saw it a couple times as they showed him taking practice swings on the range, tee box, etc. This always gets me scratching my head when a tour pro uses an "outdated" (I say that dripping with sarcasm) club model when he has carte blanche access to anything he wants from any manufacturer. Goes to show that it's not the tools, it's the mechanic that matters!

brandt driver.jpg

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

Revkev, Snedeker used a Taylormade Burner Superfast TP, the original model. I saw it a couple times as they showed him taking practice swings on the range, tee box, etc. This always gets me scratching my head when a tour pro uses an "outdated" (I say that dripping with sarcasm) club model when he has carte blanche access to anything he wants from any manufacturer. Goes to show that it's not the tools, it's the mechanic that matters!

Another note, as you can see he has either an R11 or R11s shaft in that head. Fit with the right shaft the tour guys could probably throw a panini maker on the end of it and hit the ball straight and long!

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Another note, as you can see he has either an R11 or R11s shaft in that head. Fit with the right shaft the tour guys could probably throw a panini maker on the end of it and hit the ball straight and long!

One of the interesting things about Brandt is that he had that shaft in an R11 at the start of the playoffs but then changed heads back to what he started the year with at the last tournament and won.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Thanks so much JRG I really appreciate the pic and the definitive answer to what we had speculated on in another thread.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Also you may wish to check out the blog section - there was a recent test on shaft/head driver combos that suggests its a both/and rather than an either or thing there - I wouldn't mind eating the panini though - turkey/chedder/bacon from the place across the street from church works for me. :)

In all seriousness I'm going to remember this once I'm fit for my new driver this week and then I see other "greatest and bests" come up in the upcoming years - the so called upgrades aren't also that.

Oh and credit where credit is due I had speculated that the driver change was to a Bridgestone - it was RoverRick who nailed it!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks so much JRG I really appreciate the pic and the definitive answer to what we had speculated on in another thread.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Also you may wish to check out the blog section - there was a recent test on shaft/head driver combos that suggests its a both/and rather than an either or thing there - I wouldn't mind eating the panini though - turkey/chedder/bacon from the place across the street from church works for me. :)

In all seriousness I'm going to remember this once I'm fit for my new driver this week and then I see other "greatest and bests" come up in the upcoming years - the so called upgrades aren't also that.

Oh and credit where credit is due I had speculated that the driver change was to a Bridgestone - it was RoverRick who nailed it!

Thanks for the welcome revkev!

I've been lurking around in the forums and on the blog for a while, but only somewhat recently did I decide to become a member and even more recently actually start getting involved in the forums. Never thought I would but the MGS environment makes it easy to dive in!

Once you mentioned it I remembered that article about driver heads/shafts and went back to read it again. I completely agree, they are both equally important.

Your driver fitting comment got me to thinking about this, because about 2 1/2 years ago I had a fitting with a Taylormade rep at my local range on a launch monitor and ended up getting an 8 1/2 degree R9 Supertri TP with an X-stiff Aldila RIP shaft in it.

Well I played that club up until early this season, and the way I had it setup I could hit a low power fade all day long (most days that is, let's be honest) with pretty high confidence. This was great for me because my swing is very steep and I have trouble with too high of a trajectory.

Well, that ended when the crown of the driver split perpendicular to the face all the way from front to back on a rather aggressive drive this year.

So I went to the range and they contacted Taylormade to see if they would replace the club. Sure enough, they sent me a brand new 9 degree R11s TP with an X-stiff Aldila RIP Phenom shaft. I figured, awesome! Should work perfectly for me because that's what I got fit for the last time I got a driver.

The two clubs could not be any different in terms of sound, feel, trajectory, and how I need to set them up to get my ideal result. Goes to show every driver head/shaft out there is completely different!

On that (lonnnnng winded) note, best of luck with the fitting! Let us know what you end up with.

Archived