Grand Slam of Golf

Our Sponsors

The first round of the Grand Slam of Golf was played yesterday. I saw only one advance ad for this event. It's played on a Tuesday and Wednesday when we are not accustomed to watching live golf. And it's broadcast on a TV channel (TNT) which seldom broadcasts live golf (you are not likely to stumble on it channel surfing).

When I remembered to turn it on yesterday, the players were on the last green. This was a big event long ago. I'm debating if it is worth the trouble to DVR today's program since only two of this year's major winners are playing and the scoring format is seldom exciting. Am I the only one who is wondering why they even continue to play the Grand Slam of Golf?

I see no point in it. Perhaps before, when the game wasn't so globalized I imagine it had merit. Now? Meh.

I'm going to be highly amused if Harrington ends up winning though.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Nope, not watching.

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE OF GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.6 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, JULY 2020
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B RXS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Now that I know about I will watch it today, for a bit. I was supposed to be in Florida through tomorrow, but the wife and I decided to fly home this morning at 7 am rather than 10 pm tomorrow. It is great to be home. Provided I am awake in 13 minutes I will watch this as I catch up on all of these threads.:D I can get my golf fix because I do not think I am up to playing today.:P

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Me either, completely forgot that it was on. Actually, though we get coverage of basically every US and Euro PGA Tour event I can't see any coverage scheduled for the GSoG at all. We currently have the CIMB Classic live from Malaysia though...

Went to dinner with friends last night, then over to my buddy's house and we watched his DVR of the final round.....Bermuda is such a beautiful venue.....as we watched, then FF thru the commercials, I started remembering my 2 years in the U.S. Navy stationed in Bermuda (71-73). I got to play Port Royal a couple times and, when they got to the Par 3 #16....I got sort of choked up.....That is their signature hole....and I remember it well....however, I played from the forward Tee box.....man is that a tough hole! The wind can be absolutely brutal.

I look forward to the Grand Slam every year and enjoy watching and dreaming of visiting Bermuda again.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).